PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: [APP] [UPDATE] KD-Font [v1.2] [09/09/10] [135 FONTS!!!]

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

So far myself and someone over at XDA have found one minor bug: If you attempt to update the library while you don't have a data connection available, the app will crash. I'm getting ready to release v1.2.1 to fix this issue.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post

So far myself and someone over at XDA have found one minor bug: If you attempt to update the library while you don't have a data connection available, the app will crash. I'm getting ready to release v1.2.1 to fix this issue.
Kliptik,

I hope you don't mind, but I sent an email to PocketNow telling them about your app and linking to your thread on PPCG.

I really think, and I know Straitup27 agrees, you need some more exposure and hopefully PocketNow will do a review.

BTW why would anyone try to update data on an app without a data connection running? I guess I can see for bug testing, but in real world application I am sort of cunfuzzled.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
Kliptik,

I hope you don't mind, but I sent an email to PocketNow telling them about your app and linking to your thread on PPCG.

I really think, and I know Straitup27 agrees, you need some more exposure and hopefully PocketNow will do a review.

BTW why would anyone try to update data on an app without a data connection running? I guess I can see for bug testing, but in real world application I am sort of cunfuzzled.
You ROCK!!!! I don't mind at all!

And I see what you're saying as far as updating w/o a connection. The biggest problem would probably be that if you have it set to auto-update at startup, then it will crash every time you try to launch it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

this is a great app none the less thanks alot
Old 09-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I changed to a lot of fonts today, Abuse was the only one that didn't change custom operator text. Also I noticed a few (I should have written them down) where the "g" is cut off at the bottom so you can't tell if it's a g or q or something. I'll take note next time I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
Kliptik,

Yeah man, this should be spread around. You can seriously change the look and feel of your phone with fonts, and this makes changing them idiot proof.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Re: [APP] [UPDATE] KD-Font [v1.2.1] [09/10/10] [135 FONTS!!!]

I just uploaded v1.2.1 with the bug fix. I'm having a bit of trouble with the auto-update feature, but I can't really dig into fixing it at this point... For the time being, you can just get the CAB from here if the auto-update feature isn't working properly.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

allusion is becoming a great contributor

just did the auto update, damn takes awhile for it to kick in
did follow instructions and backed out to apply default settings before following threw
after applying default redid the auto update and follow threw with install
no problems at all
very nice
how ever i haven't been able to get any previews of the fonts so far but haven't gone threw all the fonts
but list does update and add more fonts to list when i did update
trying font update again to see if that will fix problem
Old 09-11-2010, 02:45 AM
N00b

okay so got all previews to download finally but still not getting previews on all fonts, and some of the fonts i did get previews on before but now don't
so trying another reset to see if it will help
Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 AM
N00b

okay so i did restart and no luck on the previews but also when changing font size the apply font changes doesn't do anything, but doing a reset does cause it to change but it will not auto apply it on its own
so i'm thinking i might try to uninstall and reinstall directly from your post link
all info on my phone is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=5
Old 09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allusion View Post
okay so i did restart and no luck on the previews but also when changing font size the apply font changes doesn't do anything, but doing a reset does cause it to change but it will not auto apply it on its own
so i'm thinking i might try to uninstall and reinstall directly from your post link
all info on my phone is here xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] My God This Site Makes Me Feel Behind The Times
OK so I'm not sure why you're having trouble with the previews. Nobody else here or at XDA has reported any trouble with them.

Also, the font size setting does NOT change anything about the font applied. The font size setting is only a mirror of the Windows Mobile text size setting in the Screen Settings area. So it will change the size of your email headers, etc. It won't change the way anything looks in Sense.

The preview images are stored in /Program Files/KDFont/IMAGES. There will be an image for each font stored in that folder. If no image is there, that's why you can't see it. Check your auto-download setting.

Glad to hear the auto-update feature worked!!! Thanks for posting!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
font, font app, font cab, sense font, wm font