PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: [APP] [UPDATE] KD-Font [v1.1.1] [08/10/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
Wait, so the Energy font is calibri.ttf? If I take another font and rename it to calibri.ttf, will that accomplish the intended effect of having another font replace the default?

As far as widely used, the thread over on XDA-Developers has 3 million views.
Yeah I see EnergyROM in sigs all over XDA.

And no, just renaming a file to Calibri.ttf will not do what you want. The .TTF file has to be modifed for the OS to recognize it properly. This is the same reason that a user cannot use their own .TTF files in the app.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
It could be the "HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman". that one is not standard either. I just flashed your ROM, and I'm noticing that the Taskbar Text does not look like the WM standard font (tahoma). So it's possible that the taskbar and softkeys are using the "HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman" font. This one also appears in EneryROMs. I may create .TTF files for this font...
The beta will still have the DroidSans.ttf in it. I believe that's the one your seeing in the task and softkey bars. The next ROM is still booting...
Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
It could be the "HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman". that one is not standard either. I just flashed your ROM, and I'm noticing that the Taskbar Text does not look like the WM standard font (tahoma). So it's possible that the taskbar and softkeys are using the "HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman" font. This one also appears in EneryROMs. I may create .TTF files for this font...
That was it!!!! Removing that file allows the soft keys to be changed!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
That was it!!!! Removing that file allows the soft keys to be changed!!

Rock on!!! I will probably go ahead and add the following two font files, since they both appear in EnergyROMs, and I doubt he's going to change his ROM just to support some ppl using KD-Font.

Calibri.ttf
HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman.ttf

I'll post up here when I've added them. There will be a program update to allow this to work properly, but other than that, the user won't see anything different. Other than the taskabr and soft keys changing that is...

Thanks for your help in solving the issue!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Rock on!!! I will probably go ahead and add the following two font files, since they both appear in EnergyROMs, and I doubt he's going to change his ROM just to support some ppl using KD-Font.

Calibri.ttf
HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman.ttf

I'll post up here when I've added them. There will be a program update to allow this to work properly, but other than that, the user won't see anything different. Other than the taskabr and soft keys changing that is...

Thanks for your help in solving the issue!
It's such a great app. I don't see why everyone is not using. Everyone's gotta have a font they like better than the standard and why wouldn't you want to use it?!?!?!?!? Do you feel that word is getting out enough about the app?

It was my pleasure to help out! I'm glad I was able to.

Will the program update actually install another cab or just simply update the already installed program, like updating the library does?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Quote:
It's such a great app. I don't see why everyone is not using. Everyone's gotta have a font they like better than the standard and why wouldn't you want to use it?!?!?!?!? Do you feel that word is getting out enough about the app?

It was my pleasure to help out! I'm glad I was able to.

Will the program update actually install another cab or just simply update the already installed program, like updating the library does?
As far as word getting out, it's been kinda slow here on PPCG. I have the DL counts on the first page of my thread. On XDA though, the app got featured on the front page, and the first release had over 2,000 DLs. The DL count in the thread now is pretty diluted just cuz I added the auto-update feature, so ppl don't ahve to keep coming back to the thread for new versions.

As far as updating goes, what it does is it checks for a program update. If there is one, it prompts the user to install the new update. It then downloads the new CAB, uninstalls the existing version, and then installs the new version.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
As far as word getting out, it's been kinda slow here on PPCG. I have the DL counts on the first page of my thread. On XDA though, the app got featured on the front page, and the first release had over 2,000 DLs. The DL count in the thread now is pretty diluted just cuz I added the auto-update feature, so ppl don't ahve to keep coming back to the thread for new versions.

As far as updating goes, what it does is it checks for a program update. If there is one, it prompts the user to install the new update. It then downloads the new CAB, uninstalls the existing version, and then installs the new version.
I'll throw a link to this thread in my sig over on XDA. I mean, this really is a vital app, and it's amazing what you've done with it. The collaborating with us personally in the last few hours to fix stuff is impressive enough to me.
T-Mobile Raleigh, NC, US
Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Ok cool, I was only thinking about start menu placement and a new .cab placing it in the main start menu, but moving the program is easy via a file explorer. When the newest update installs the new .cab it keeps the same icon that I use for KD-Font. Any reason to think that this upcoming update would do any differently?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
I'll throw a link to this thread in my sig over on XDA. I mean, this really is a vital app, and it's amazing what you've done with it. The collaborating with us personally in the last few hours to fix stuff is impressive enough to me.
Thanks! I was really suprised that it hadn't been done before, so I figured I'd grab the niche!

Quote:
Ok cool, I was only thinking about start menu placement and a new .cab placing it in the main start menu, but moving the program is easy via a file explorer. When the newest update installs the new .cab it keeps the same icon that I use for KD-Font. Any reason to think that this upcoming update would do any differently?
Hmmm... That's a very good question. I'm considering altering the setup process so that it can distinguish between a fresh install and an update. That will probably be in the works on the next build. I actually JUST got the uninstall working properly in v1.1.1. Before, it wouldn't remove the KD-Font directory on uninstall if you had downloaded any fonts/previews from the server. That was a brain-killer figuring that one out... Of course in the end it turned out to be pretty simple... Figures. Lol!

EDIT* Oh and I already have a thread over at XDA if you want to link your XDA sig to that one. the URL is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=718885
Old 08-11-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor

It's not like this is carrier specific. Though, I've noticed a trend between XDA and PPC, this place is more CDMA-focused while XDA is GSM? Is that how it is supposed to be?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
font, font app, font cab, sense font, wm font