PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 02:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

my advice is not to flash 5061a, its way too buggy for even my liking.

that said, i am finishing up 5062. no eta this time though, so im not in a rush to finish it. I kind of like to let people know whats going on though...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:46 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

that said, i am finishing up 5062. no eta this time though, so im not in a rush to finish it. I kind of like to let people know whats going on though...
awesome work, thanks for the advise. i'll stick w/ 5060
Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

datapusher is a n00b

No2Chem.

I remember you saying that WeatherPanel might be fixed in this latest Rom. I am sad to say that it does not work. It still freezes after first boot on the 3rd boot screen (Win 6.1).

For those of you who wanted to know how to get custom UC scripts working on this build... Uncheck soft reset option in the bootloader and it will load your SDConfig.txt no problem.

And for the person who asked about whether or not JiveTalk worked. Unfortunately it doesn't not work on this one, but it does work on 5060.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

onewolf is a n00b

Dear Mr. No2Chem,

I appreciate all your work and will drop you a contribution later today, even though I'm not currently running your build. It is still a fun hobby, thank you.

I want to let you know that it appears that your nueLED tool may be the culprit in the oft-mentioned "cannot answer the phone if I'm not on the phone screen" issue. Very possibly (and hopefully perhaps) I am wrong, but wanted to let you know how I came to this hypothesis:

I have had my sprint mogul for about 2 months and my first nueROM was in the low 5050's. I have flashed several of the 505x ROMs and loved them all, except for this issue which was consistent across all of them - can't answer incoming calls unless I'm on the phone dialer screen. Note that each time I flash a new ROM, turning off my LEDs using nueLED was one of my first personalization steps. I use your stock version and install/configure on top of that - not cooking my own (as much as I'd like to, I don't have the time for that step yet).

In any case, after some time on 5059, which I loved except for not being able to answer calls (an obvious show stopper), I went back to the latest HTC image. Life was fine, albeit a little boring, but at least I could answer calls. A week into this, I found your neuLED application and downloaded it directly, because I enjoyed it in your ROMs and hate the blinking lights. As soon as I installed it and then disabled all my LEDs, the problem resurfaced - couldn't answer incoming calls. This on the HTC image, not a nueROM. I turned the LEDs back on, uninstalled nueLED, and now I can answer incoming calls again from any screen.

So again, this isn't exactly a bottom-out debug job but it's some pretty direct emperical data for you.

Thanks again for all your work!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewolf View Post
Dear Mr. No2Chem,

I appreciate all your work and will drop you a contribution later today, even though I'm not currently running your build. It is still a fun hobby, thank you.

I want to let you know that it appears that your nueLED tool may be the culprit in the oft-mentioned "cannot answer the phone if I'm not on the phone screen" issue. Very possibly (and hopefully perhaps) I am wrong, but wanted to let you know how I came to this hypothesis:

I have had my sprint mogul for about 2 months and my first nueROM was in the low 5050's. I have flashed several of the 505x ROMs and loved them all, except for this issue which was consistent across all of them - can't answer incoming calls unless I'm on the phone dialer screen. Note that each time I flash a new ROM, turning off my LEDs using nueLED was one of my first personalization steps. I use your stock version and install/configure on top of that - not cooking my own (as much as I'd like to, I don't have the time for that step yet).

In any case, after some time on 5059, which I loved except for not being able to answer calls (an obvious show stopper), I went back to the latest HTC image. Life was fine, albeit a little boring, but at least I could answer calls. A week into this, I found your neuLED application and downloaded it directly, because I enjoyed it in your ROMs and hate the blinking lights. As soon as I installed it and then disabled all my LEDs, the problem resurfaced - couldn't answer incoming calls. This on the HTC image, not a nueROM. I turned the LEDs back on, uninstalled nueLED, and now I can answer incoming calls again from any screen.

So again, this isn't exactly a bottom-out debug job but it's some pretty direct emperical data for you.

NueLED is the first thing I configure and do not encounter the issue you speak of. I am however building it into the ROM.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
NueLED is the first thing I configure and do not encounter the issue you speak of. I am however building it into the ROM.
Likewise, I have also not experienced this problem, but I have used nueLED exclusively in either pre-built nueROMs or cooked in.

The hypothesis sounds logical due to the timing, but still doesn't have enough information present. It seems likely to me that this is either a symptom of the installation method, or its interaction with another utility common to your installations. I would recommend, if you have the opportunity, testing this further by installing a fresh ROM with nueLED and configured it without installing any further applications and see if the problem presents itself. If my suspicion is correct, you should not have any problem answering calls. Then install, soft-reset, and test a call with each of your other common applications until you have the problem. Then hard-reset and configure nueLED and ONLY that application to re-verify that that is the cause. That's all assuming that nueLED is important enough to you to go through the effort. It would be a great help to any others out there who share your problem, though. I know I would be curious about the results in case I ever choose to run whatever combination you have, and/or if the problem does suddenly appear for me, as well.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 NUEROM3PRE3

upirish22 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to upirish22

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

Thank you for the heads up! 5060 has been great, I'll stick with it for now. Thanks for the work you do..without it these phones would suck!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond

boxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good workboxermansr is keeping up the good work

Is there some type of fix for this? I keep getting it when I try to reply to an email. I have no idea what's causing it and couldn't find any other posts about it...

The message can not be signed and/or encrypted.

That is what I get when I try to reply to the email and send it.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewolf View Post
Dear Mr. No2Chem,

Thanks,

Could you let me know which LEDS you are turning on/off or redirecting? The only thing that runs in the background is a lightweight intermediate driver which does redirects/ignores signals, so I'm not quite sure it could be the cause.... I haven't experienced this problem myself and would like to try reproducing it. Alternatively, you can try the modified rilphone.dll.

Last edited by no2chem; 04-23-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Just wanted to chime in and point out, I am a heavy nueLED user and have never experienced this problem. Perhaps another application is causing this. Mind posting what applications are installed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development