View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
NexVision
Halfway to VIP Status

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewolf View Post
Dear Mr. No2Chem,

I appreciate all your work and will drop you a contribution later today, even though I'm not currently running your build. It is still a fun hobby, thank you.

I want to let you know that it appears that your nueLED tool may be the culprit in the oft-mentioned "cannot answer the phone if I'm not on the phone screen" issue. Very possibly (and hopefully perhaps) I am wrong, but wanted to let you know how I came to this hypothesis:

I have had my sprint mogul for about 2 months and my first nueROM was in the low 5050's. I have flashed several of the 505x ROMs and loved them all, except for this issue which was consistent across all of them - can't answer incoming calls unless I'm on the phone dialer screen. Note that each time I flash a new ROM, turning off my LEDs using nueLED was one of my first personalization steps. I use your stock version and install/configure on top of that - not cooking my own (as much as I'd like to, I don't have the time for that step yet).

In any case, after some time on 5059, which I loved except for not being able to answer calls (an obvious show stopper), I went back to the latest HTC image. Life was fine, albeit a little boring, but at least I could answer calls. A week into this, I found your neuLED application and downloaded it directly, because I enjoyed it in your ROMs and hate the blinking lights. As soon as I installed it and then disabled all my LEDs, the problem resurfaced - couldn't answer incoming calls. This on the HTC image, not a nueROM. I turned the LEDs back on, uninstalled nueLED, and now I can answer incoming calls again from any screen.

So again, this isn't exactly a bottom-out debug job but it's some pretty direct emperical data for you.

Thanks again for all your work!
NueLED is the first thing I configure and do not encounter the issue you speak of. I am however building it into the ROM.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!