View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
no2chem
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewolf View Post
Dear Mr. No2Chem,

I appreciate all your work and will drop you a contribution later today, even though I'm not currently running your build. It is still a fun hobby, thank you.

I want to let you know that it appears that your nueLED tool may be the culprit in the oft-mentioned "cannot answer the phone if I'm not on the phone screen" issue. Very possibly (and hopefully perhaps) I am wrong, but wanted to let you know how I came to this hypothesis:

I have had my sprint mogul for about 2 months and my first nueROM was in the low 5050's. I have flashed several of the 505x ROMs and loved them all, except for this issue which was consistent across all of them - can't answer incoming calls unless I'm on the phone dialer screen. Note that each time I flash a new ROM, turning off my LEDs using nueLED was one of my first personalization steps. I use your stock version and install/configure on top of that - not cooking my own (as much as I'd like to, I don't have the time for that step yet).

In any case, after some time on 5059, which I loved except for not being able to answer calls (an obvious show stopper), I went back to the latest HTC image. Life was fine, albeit a little boring, but at least I could answer calls. A week into this, I found your neuLED application and downloaded it directly, because I enjoyed it in your ROMs and hate the blinking lights. As soon as I installed it and then disabled all my LEDs, the problem resurfaced - couldn't answer incoming calls. This on the HTC image, not a nueROM. I turned the LEDs back on, uninstalled nueLED, and now I can answer incoming calls again from any screen.

So again, this isn't exactly a bottom-out debug job but it's some pretty direct emperical data for you.

Thanks again for all your work!

Thanks,

Could you let me know which LEDS you are turning on/off or redirecting? The only thing that runs in the background is a lightweight intermediate driver which does redirects/ignores signals, so I'm not quite sure it could be the cause.... I haven't experienced this problem myself and would like to try reproducing it. Alternatively, you can try the modified rilphone.dll.

Last edited by no2chem; 04-23-2008 at 02:33 PM.