PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

johnjirwin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

No2Chem...
I guess this means that I'll have to take the day off on Saturday!!! Hopefully, the ice on Lake Winnipesaukee won't "go out"... If it does, I'll have hundreds of customers who will want their boat for the day ...and I guess, I'm just tied up with more important matters!!!! My staff will understand!

Again, thanks for all you hard work

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3
Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BrianPAdams is keeping up the good workBrianPAdams is keeping up the good work

Help please! I used the post on updating for dummies. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927 I followed the directions, ran the unlocker and then flashed the 5060 ROM. I didn't need to run the exit boot loader, it completed successfully and reset. The htc smart mobility start-up screen appears with the ROM information in red at the bottom. After a few seconds the ROM info at the bottom disappears, but it never leaves that screen. Unfortunatley I can't flash it back because I can't connect it to my PC. Any advice?

Please disregard...I'm an idiot. I've flashed this thing so many times I've stopped reading people's instructions. I stumbled across the pulling the battery out trick and it worked. When I came back this morning to give props for such a great ROM I noticed No2Chem actually made it VERY obvious that I need to pull the battery out. DUH! Sorry guys...and thanks for the ROM No2Chem, it ROCKS!

Last edited by BrianPAdams; 04-19-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: SPrint

Everette is keeping up the good workEverette is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPAdams View Post
Help please! I used the post on updating for dummies. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927 I followed the directions, ran the unlocker and then flashed the 5060 ROM. I didn't need to run the exit boot loader, it completed successfully and reset. The htc smart mobility start-up screen appears with the ROM information in red at the bottom. After a few seconds the ROM info at the bottom disappears, but it never leaves that screen. Unfortunatley I can't flash it back because I can't connect it to my PC. Any advice?
Press the Camera, Power, and then hit the reset button. This will put you back into the boot loader. You can then plug it into your PC and re-flash the 5060 ROM.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

mjreddy1234 is a n00b

i recently installed the precooked no2Chem ROM, then ventured into building my own and am loving it! Thanks No2Chem!

Couple questions: in the screenshots on the first page the home screen is showed with the date and time displayed in the title bar stacked, how do you do that in a rom you cook yourself?

as a side note, what do you guys think of the threaded SMS in 6.1? I still prefer cody's Palm threaded SMS, but it seems to slow my phone down? Any similar experiences out there?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPAdams View Post
As mentioned in previous posts, remove the battery from the Mogul.
Wait a few seconds and replace and reboot. Worked for me with the 5060 Rom update, when I had the exact same problem occur on two no2chem rom updates.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan 6800

alraune is just getting started

Removed to stop dulicates.

Last edited by alraune; 04-18-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

agkelos is just getting started

Hello guys, I just got my mogul today after many many years using the treo line from palm. I have been reading these last couple of days on how to customize my mogul and so far I've been a little overwhelmed. With the treos it used to be pretty straight forward and a very small community of "customizer". I came into this board and there are so many roms and options and I cant seem to know where to begin. Anyways, I guess my question is
1)No2Chem seems to be the most popular and stable rom, would it be wise to assume so?
2)No2Chem mentions something about a release today or tomorrow, should I wait till then to use that file on my phone?
3)I read somewhere that you could overclock the mogul, is it true? pros and cons?
Sorry for so many questions, I just need a little guidance to start on, I won't bug you guys afterwards.TIA!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan 6800

alraune is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelos View Post
Hello guys, I just got my mogul today after many many years using the treo line from palm. I have been reading these last couple of days on how to customize my mogul and so far I've been a little overwhelmed. With the treos it used to be pretty straight forward and a very small community of "customizer". I came into this board and there are so many roms and options and I cant seem to know where to begin. Anyways, I guess my question is
1)No2Chem seems to be the most popular and stable rom, would it be wise to assume so?
2)No2Chem mentions something about a release today or tomorrow, should I wait till then to use that file on my phone?
3)I read somewhere that you could overclock the mogul, is it true? pros and cons?
Sorry for so many questions, I just need a little guidance to start on, I won't bug you guys afterwards.TIA!
Seeing as you are new i would HIGHLY suggest you use his 5060 Rom.. Its very very stable. Please follow all instructions. Most important if your phone is not stock rom'd for the 3.35 radio drivers you must do that first. After that flash the 5060 rom. There is a link on the very first post that will explain on how to flash cooked roms.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

agkelos is just getting started

ok thanks My radio is already at 3.35

I assume the recommendations come from the fact that his new release will still need to iron bugs and fixes and it'll take a while until it gets stable correct? I assume this by my experience on how it worked on treo, no clue if its the same with the mogul.

And would you say his/her roms are the most adequate to start on?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:25 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
hopefully i'll still be able to get stuff out tommorow.
i dont know which is more exciting, waiting for my new laptop or the new no2chem release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post
please search the forums before posting. reflashing back to stock has been covered many times...
sorry. had to do it :O LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelos View Post
No2Chem seems to be the most popular and stable rom, would it be wise to assume so?
maybe its just me, but i think the answers you get in this thread might be a little biased

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development