PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

brookssw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
not receiving SMS!

Update 2: It's working again; I removed arcsoft MMS and text messages started flowing again. I know arcsoft said to set "carrier customize" to the correct carrier, however I never could find where that setting was configured. Anyone know?

Hey Guys,

I just updated to 5060 last night and SMS was working fine, however after flashing the second time (to change the installed application suite), I'm no longer receiving text messages, though I can send just fine? Anyone have any ideas? It's making work difficult since I get server alerts all day long, and today I'm not, heh

Update: I've reflashed and i'm still not getting sms messages. Data connection is working, as are voice calls and outgoing sms. Only thing not working is the reception of SMS messages. Anyone ever run into something like this?

Update 2: It's working again; I removed arcsoft MMS and text messages started flowing again. I know arcsoft said to set "carrier customize" to the correct carrier, however I never could find where that setting was configured. Anyone know?

Last edited by brookssw; 05-02-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
this thread has been bumpted again !!!
yeah its dead, except people keep reviving it,
perhaps it would be nice if a mod would lock it
Humm... but in the other thread (2.1) it says if you wish to use a known to be more stable rom keep it at 5060 (2.0), which would pertain to this thread. Unless you're refering to using the 5060 kitchen thread, get's confusing..

no2chem's sig links to this thread anyways..

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 05-02-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Humm... but in the other thread (2.1) it says if you wish to use a known to be more stable rom keep it at 5060 (2.0), which would pertain to this thread. Unless you're refering to using the 5060 kitchen thread, get's confusing..

no2chem's sig links to this thread anyways..

-CC
lol it was just a suggestion anyway i doubt that it will actually happen, like you said there's those that are still running 5060, like myself, but of course since it's stable i have nothing to complain about...
Old 05-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

peblo224 is a n00b

there is only one thing i cant figure out with this rom. when you go to the dial pad and type the contact's name, the dialer does not automatically pull it up.

for example, you have a john in your contacts list. you would go to the dialer pad and type in 5,6,4,6. (spells john)

this rom doesnt do that, any solutions?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

There is no smartdialer installed with this rom....

here you go...

Best... Member... Ever...

Last edited by InvincibleLiving; 03-03-2009 at 08:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

peblo224 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
There is no smartdialer installed with this rom....

here you go...
the smartdialer you attached wasnt the correct smartdialer...well atleast it didnt work for me.

but i did find one after a quick google search. thanks for pointing me in the right direction
Old 05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Lurker

Lacrosseboss18 is a n00b

For the last few days i havent been able to sync with my PC. I tried to hard reset my device and pull my battery for a few minutes. It wont work. I have been running 5050 since it came out with no problems. I havent done anything different to the PC or the Device. I have tried syncin with 2 different PCs and nothing. I used Mail2web to sync my info and also my pc. Anyone know what i need to do.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

btrcp2000 is becoming a great contributor

On the Mogul, go to settings->system->usb to pc and uncheck "enable advanced blah blah blah"

I always have to do this after a reflash, or Activesync will quit working after a while.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Lurker

AdamR is a n00b

I'm on Verizon's network with the Titan. As someone who is new to flashing ROMs on phones, I went against my better judgement and tried this out ... and I thought I did it correctly.

I firstly unlocked the phone using Hard-SPL-MFG 2.40 (as I assumed this is a GPS ROM?). That seemed to work fine. I ran the RUU with the 5066 build. Again, everything seemed to progress fine.

Though when everything was updated and the hard reset came, it's stuck at the first Verizon slash screen. Some device info is shown at the bottom for a few seconds then goes away. Then it just sits there... I've tried removing the battery for 20+ minutes with no luck.

Do I effectly have a brick or is there something I can try to recover this?

- Adam
Old 05-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Hello Adam,
What radio version is on your device?
I would try another hard reset. (hold both soft keys and reset hole until you see the screen change, follow on-screen instructions).
If that does not work...
check here for your answer/instructions. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667
Be patient, it's very unlikely your phone is a brick!

Last edited by The Doctor; 05-15-2008 at 10:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development