PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I assume the official wm6.1 release will have working encryption, and imagine that n2c and others will quickly adopt.
No2Chem has had working encryption before. He took it out at build 5052 i think. He said not enough people used it and it took up a lot of memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
... and working IR beam... i still really wonder what zonked it out in these builds?
I think its because these ROMs are taken from the Kaiser, which I 'think' does not have IR at all. So you can't steal working IR from a ROM for a device that doesn't have it. Once a ROM comes out for a device that includes IR, somebody will figure it out.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Despite having the ability to sync with my computer, I generally backup all my data and restore the relevant parts from that backup when upgrading my ROM simply because I don't trust the sync process. In particular, the WMDC in Vista isn't as flexible in how it resolves conflicts, and there've been enough freaked-out posts on here about the synchronization syncing whichever device was empty to the other device, wiping everything. While that's never happened to me, I decided not to take risks.

Besides, since I upgrade from the memory card instead of USB, by backing up my data on the phone I can do the full ROM upgrade process and put my data and settings back without being near my computer.
well when i say i am syncing after reset I am talking about OTA sync to corporate exchange server... no usb needed. only time i connect usb to phone is to transfer files or run a RUU.. I too have been bitten by trying to use WMDC in Vista so I stay clear.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev913 View Post
I'm running 5059, and since 5057, SPB Mobile Shell has been causing nothing but problems and freezing the device up. Normally, No2's ROMs are spectacular for me - no issues whatsoever, but from what I'm getting, using SPB Mobile Shell 2.0 with this is no bueno.
Also (and I didn't search in the thread for this, I will after I post, and if I see anything warranting me deleting this part) I've had a lot of trouble getting the phone to ANSWER... it seems like I have to put the device to sleep, then wake it, to get it to answer. I don't know what issue this is, but it's caused me to miss more than a couple calls.
One more thing... I've noticed on some occasions, maybe one for every ten or so, that the phone keeps vibrating after a text is received. Typically seems to happen when the phone is sleeping. Sometimes, though, the phone will go to sleep after the text is received and keep vibrating... I actually had this wake me up one morning (I'd received a text, woken up just a little bit, went back to sleep, and woke up like five minutes later cause my phone was still vibrating...).
Is anyone having these issues? Cause I've encountered them with different versions across two Moguls... bad luck maybe?

I'm not running much in the way of programs... I keep my device clean on the whole (only have the HTC task manager, Google search, and PocketBreeze running). Any ideas?
I used to have that problem but I perform at least a couple of hard resets after flashing the new ROM's and that has not only fixed the vibrate thing but had dramatically improved my battery life. DCD Stresses the point of performing a hard reset after an install so I just carried it over.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:11 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You know what would be nice is if No2Chem has his own section OR! if he had his own forum.. that way when he released a new build he can make a new post. that way it is easier to find what kind of issues people are having with that build... its just sickly hard to find where a new build begins in this thread if one cant keep up with the posts, like me.

Who is with me?

I will gladly donate so N2C can have his own forum.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

courtlandre is a n00b
Please release Nuefont

I flashed my rom after using yours and I *really* like the fonts in your rom. Unfortunately I have problems with your rom so I had to change.

Please release Nuefont as a separate cab. Cannot wait to use it again.

Thanks for being so awesome!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
...I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't even formulate a reasonably intelligent question.
I second that. I have used BuildOS to make/flash my own ROM before. But I have no understanding of how to add OEM's/make them/tweak the stuff in the kitchen. I don't even know how to put the 5059 basekit in the kitchen to make something with. Hence I shall go look and see if 5059 is also a prebuilt ROM I can flash and not just a basekit. I'm a little confused from reading the thread so far.

edit: Mikee4fun is using 5060???? I need to read/type wayyyyy faster.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Lurker

rickjames00 is a n00b

Long time reader and first time poster here. New to the whole ROM flashing thing. I downloaded the kitchen and most of the rom's. Started with No2Chems rom and started fresh inside the kitchen.
The only problem im having is when i select some of the programs and Flash it to my Mobile device some of the programs arent working.
Example: I selected OtO as one of my options and now when i click on either OtO.exe or select my organizer hot button to run the application its giving me an error that it cant be opened or its not signed with a trusted certificate or a component is missing?
Please advise, i swore i got it to work on a previous rom just curious on what i possibly did wrong. Also doing the same with the HTC customizer and the WiFiFoFum program.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ahhh no2chem never ceases to amaze me!!

I'm using 5059 and its running just fine... With one exception:

WMP stopped playing EVERYTHING! Music or Videos! No idea why...

But ringtones still work. Strange =[

Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames00 View Post
Example: I selected OtO as one of my options and now when i click on either OtO.exe or select my organizer hot button to run the application its giving me an error that it cant be opened or its not signed with a trusted certificate or a component is missing?
Please advise, i swore i got it to work on a previous rom just curious on what i possibly did wrong. Also doing the same with the HTC customizer and the WiFiFoFum program.

Thanks
Make sure you include .NET CF3.5RTM in your selections.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

hudman is a n00b

I'm still having trouble with 5059. I can't get past the second screen where it says ppcgeeks kitchen. I've don't the battery pull and hard reset with no luck and I've tried to reload the rom and have no connection. Any ideas what I should do next? Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development