PPCGeeks Regular

MrHappy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Despite having the ability to sync with my computer, I generally backup all my data and restore the relevant parts from that backup when upgrading my ROM simply because I don't trust the sync process. In particular, the WMDC in Vista isn't as flexible in how it resolves conflicts, and there've been enough freaked-out posts on here about the synchronization syncing whichever device was empty to the other device, wiping everything. While that's never happened to me, I decided not to take risks.

Besides, since I upgrade from the memory card instead of USB, by backing up my data on the phone I can do the full ROM upgrade process and put my data and settings back without being near my computer.
well when i say i am syncing after reset I am talking about OTA sync to corporate exchange server... no usb needed. only time i connect usb to phone is to transfer files or run a RUU.. I too have been bitten by trying to use WMDC in Vista so I stay clear.