PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Hi guys..
i'm back to No2Chem 5054 ROM and i'm having a time and half getting Microsoft Live Search working.
it installs, but then when i run it is says-
'The file LiveSearch cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's components cannot be found'.

now, i've used the Kitchen to rebuilt this WITH live search selected, and then again withouth (and then installed it after the build).
both with the same results..
it's basically the very first thing i'm doing after a flash and a reset.

anyone else have this happen.. what am i missing?

EDIT: this is actually the ROM i'm going to stay with.. I spent the whole day yesterday flashing, and thought i'd stick with DCD 3.0.1. but I couldnt get MMS working (Verizon).. and some other quirky things that just bugged me.. No2Chem's has me sold.. i can get everything the way i want it, except for MS Live Search !

Last edited by Nickles; 04-02-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Lurker

rickjames00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta1555 View Post
Im amazed at what you guys do with software,and i want to thank you ahead of time. Can u tell me what i need to upgrade before i flash your rom.
I know after reading a lot of posts and all the forums people hate silly posts especially when the information is right in front of you.
But right here is all you need to know in order to upgrade or flash your rom. Very basic explaination and just take your time and do each step accordingly.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667
Old 04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickles View Post

anyone else have this happen.. what am i missing?
tried installing the .NET yet? pretty sure thats what its missing.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Nickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuffNickles knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpctech View Post
tried installing the .NET yet? pretty sure thats what its missing.
thanks for the quick reply. re-flashing now with .NET selected (I did specifically leave if off in past cookings)
I'll post back in a few !

**********EDIT **** BRILLIANT! thank you my friends so much.. that did the trick.. i am now a happy camper with this ROM..
until of course i try to break something else, then you'll hear from me again ....... LOL!

Last edited by Nickles; 04-02-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eclipsi01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsi01 View Post
I appreciate the info, but I'm looking for the registry hack that disables the security warning. I'm not ready to reload everything again just yet
Anyone know?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started

ok so i'm having trouble here, and yes I've searched and from what I've found I think done everything thats been posted...these are the steps of done and whats happened

Starting with Stock Sprint Rom 3.35
Ran Oilpro 2.40 unlocker - this worked during this processes it states to disconnect and reconnect the 6800. I do this and from then on I have no connection with my computer. I tried restarted my compueter *saw in post* I tried hard resets *saw in diff post* tried a file for exiting bootloader *post* Tried going ahead and flashing over to both DCD one time and nochem another time...Would not work because it said it couldnt find the connection. Also I have BuildOS i've installed from PPCGeeks.com but yet tells me login invalid. *sighs* I've been at this for over acouple hours installed the linked C++ , netframework,and so on......Still everything seems not to work....But yet when I goto the HTC website and download the official rom it all the sudden sees the phone and installs with the official rom......PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsi01 View Post
Anyone know?
these should be what you're looking for here:

http://justpctech.com/PPC/policies.txt
Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

put your phone in bootloader mode and see if the Olipro 2.40 actually worked or not. if so, plug into USB and see if it shows USB on the bottom or you hear the sound normally associated with hooking it up to ActiveSync. if it does say USB, then you do have a connection and should be able to flash. also might check to see if USB is disabled in ActiveSync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkout View Post
ok so i'm having trouble here, and yes I've searched and from what I've found I think done everything thats been posted...these are the steps of done and whats happened

Starting with Stock Sprint Rom 3.35
Ran Oilpro 2.40 unlocker - this worked during this processes it states to disconnect and reconnect the 6800. I do this and from then on I have no connection with my computer. I tried restarted my compueter *saw in post* I tried hard resets *saw in diff post* tried a file for exiting bootloader *post* Tried going ahead and flashing over to both DCD one time and nochem another time...Would not work because it said it couldnt find the connection. Also I have BuildOS i've installed from PPCGeeks.com but yet tells me login invalid. *sighs* I've been at this for over acouple hours installed the linked C++ , netframework,and so on......Still everything seems not to work....But yet when I goto the HTC website and download the official rom it all the sudden sees the phone and installs with the official rom......PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkout01 is just getting started

Thank you very much for trying to help. And once in the bootloader, at the base of it yes it does say USB switchs once I connect again. So I also thought the computer is seeing it. But once I try to flash the phone each one says it connot see it and therefore says it can't do it. I'm still searching and reading but so far nothing....any other ideas? Also that was a good point cause the HTC website saw it and was able to flash it....hmmmm.......
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael
Carrier: Telus

Glougloumouth is becoming a great contributor

I pushed 5060 over 5059.
The Bluetooth in 5060 is not working right. No PAN Bluetooth network, no Device Explorer... I re-did the BT sync with my PC several time, no luck. I reverted to 5059 and Bluetooth is back and working fine.
Am I alone? Known issue? Thanks a lot!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development