PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

laforr77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgee View Post
yes but like i said when i try to download from the links the dl's take so long then my phone disconnects
You are trying to download it to your pc and not your phone right? Not trying to be a d***, but that's what its sounded like when I read your post.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgee View Post
yes but like i said when i try to download from the links the dl's take so long then my phone disconnects
My best suggestion for you would be to buy a blank CDR from your local library (~1$) and use their public access computers to download the following files:

1) The latest official ROM from your carrier. (Example, If your phone is from VZ, don't D/L the Sprint ROM yet...)
2) The latest official Sprint ROM. (3.35, NOT 3.16)
3) Various bad flash recovery tools, listed in stickied threads in the 'Upgrades' forum. (Such as the Unlocker, relocker, BootLoader exit utility, upgraded BootLoader, etc...)
4) The latest no2chem ROM (As of this post, 5055) or whatever version or custom ROM you want to install.
5) PIM Backup utility (I forget where I got mine, but it backs up, call logs, email, contacts, appointments, etc, and it's totally free)

Organize all these files into clearly named folders and then burn them to the CDR.

Note that the next portion of this post will assume your are running Windows XP. Windows Vista has several issues with flashing ROMs and I consider it to be too problematic to try.

Go home, and reboot your PC to have a clean slate to start from. Unplug your cable or DSL modem & router, and shut down all anti-virus and firewall programs. Close any other applications such as Instant Messaging Programs. Your PC should then be running nothing but ActiveSync, or darn close. This assures that no other software will interfere with the flash and possibly cause you to brick your phone.

I only have experience with the Sprint Mogul, so if your phone is from another carrier, what's written past here doesn't apply. Seek further help elsewhere if that's the case.

1 - Charge the phone completely.

2 - Connect your phone via USB cable to ActiveSync. Load the PIM backup program and run it from the phone. Choose whatever categories of information you wish to preserve, and save the backup to your Storage Card.

3 - On the phone, transfer any further information that you wish to save from your phone's storage to your Storage Card.

4 - Make sure that Storage Card Encryption (Under Settings -> System) is DISABLED.

5 - Remove the Storage Card from the phone and place it out of harm's way.

6 - Disconnect your phone from the PC and hard-reset it by holding down both soft keys while pressing the reset button with the stylus. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the hard-reset.

7 - Reconnect your phone to the PC via ActiveSync. Once you have a connection, load your carrier's latest official ROM upgrade program. Follow all on-screen instructions to completion.

8 - Go back to post #1 of this thread. Follow its instructions precisely to load no2chem's custom ROM version.

If you encounter any problems, "Don't Panic". The upgrade utility has built-in recovery modes, which will tell you what to do most of the time. If that fails, first, soft-reset the phone and go back to step 8. If it fails again, disconnect the phone from your PC, remove its battery for about 1 minute, then hard-reset it, and then go back to step 8.

Please note that this post is for information only. I can not be held liable in any way for any damage to anything this post references. Note also that I have no personal experience with loading custom ROMs, only OEM versions. (I'm waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out first.)
Any information in this post beyond the step of loading an OEM ROM is an educated guess on my part, gathered from careful reading of this forum.

If this post helps you, "Rep" me, by clicking the scale next to my name on the forum in this message.

Good luck!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
strange..mine is in English.....what is your timezone set too?
Wierd, mine was in German. I just kept surfing and it fixed itself after a few pages.

UPDATE:

What mailboxhead gave me negative feedback on this post? And why?

Last edited by datapusher; 03-23-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv_warrior View Post
I had same problem with the video playback. Posted earlier.
Are you also having a problem with BT ? My headset and pc pair great, and im able to send files to other peoples phones but if someone tries to send me a file it will fail.
p.s. Is this the biggest thread on ppcgeeks ?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

DaBing is starting in the wrong direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBing View Post
I did that on both 5054 and 5055. Did you do it immediately after the flash? Mine had started into the OS before I caught it and did the reboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnasty View Post
If it's tru that that 5054+ use the new radio then you will have to flash the official sprint rom then immediately install 5055
Yeah, I'm a little late to the party now, but this did fix my problem. I applied the latest Official ROM, pulled the battery and did a hard reset, then applied 5055. So far no issues. I'll check the video and BT stuff later.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

JRider is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by crensmeyer View Post
look under Programs/Advanced Settings/dotFred Task Manager and select Ping from the applications drop down...
Aha! There it is! Thanks man. I knew it had to be there somewhere.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

First of all I have to say thanks to No2Chem for all the great work.

Now the question: I was running 5051 and GPSMode was set to 4 (Assisted / Hybrid) and I noticed that in 5055 that GPSMode is set to 2 (Standalone?). Is there a reason for the change?

Thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
First of all I have to say thanks to No2Chem for all the great work.

Now the question: I was running 5051 and GPSMode was set to 4 (Assisted / Hybrid) and I noticed that in 5055 that GPSMode is set to 2 (Standalone?). Is there a reason for the change?

Thanks

It probably has something to do with the new sprint rom and radio. Either way it functions a lot better!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

well its been almost a week and i have no problems whatsoever with 5055 this rom is great thanks no2chem

Old 03-17-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

littlefreak is just getting started

my EVDO hasnt been working on last few rom releases... I have no clue why... can anyone help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development