PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Custom Taskbar

Here is a pretty nice set of batteries for those who want to tinker with them:

Attached Files
File Type: zip Batterie.zip (246.6 KB, 701 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post
is there anything special to changing the notification icon? i read about it making the phone crash if you change it. ??
That's what was reported at XDA but as you found out we have changed it and no crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
what about the icons that are on the phone pad for location settings or when in a phone call and you press mute...are those icons that are associated with the phone pad easily replaceable?
If the Icon is in a dll or a simple bmp like the bluetooth icons we can find it, it can be changed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
This unfortunately did not work. The Shellres.192 is it specific for you only? It copied with no problem and I soft reset but still get the stock cloud. But thanks anyways for trying.

ALi
Ali check to see if you have the shellres.192.dll or the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui they are the same files. If you have she shellres.192.dll.0409.mui then rename the shellres.192.dll that he gave you to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui and then it will work.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Yeah I did the same, Juggalo says he knows where it is for sure, so I've been waiting and hoping. I read in a thread one time at XDA they could change it but it would only take black/white colors but we have proved them wrong over here just like with the notification where they said it couldn't be changed and we did it.

Has anyone PM'd Juggalo to get his info? I don't mind digging through dll's, but if he knows something the rest of us don't...

Anyway, I'll be taking a look at this as best I can today. My son's daycare is closed with a broken central heating system, so I get to chase a 22 month old today. At least I'll get some exercise...

Ok, the 'X' button may be in the taskmgrCustRes.dll. if someone want's to give it a shot. Here's the dll. It has not been unsigned yet...
Attached Files
File Type: zip taskmgrCustRes.zip (5.6 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by gadgetfreak; 01-30-2009 at 05:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Alright, I've begun to get a lot of requests for my icons and such, so I decided to throw this together. Included is a rar of all the dll's. If someone would like to make a cab out of it for me, that would be great and I will edit the post to include that as well. Hope you guys like it!

CAB Added, thanks to tsowen.

Attached Files
File Type: rar MisfortuneTaskbarV1.rar (555.7 KB, 683 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip MisfortuneTaskbarV1CAB.zip (727.2 KB, 1155 views) Click for barcode!

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

Last edited by Misfortune; 02-04-2009 at 10:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 29 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post
So i can edit the icon and replace it as usual and it will work? No special steps/instructions needed?
Yes you can the icon is 32x32, just follow the same steps as always, unsign the mui, edit and save then resign.

Quote:
Thanks Tsowen, Yes I had the .0409 file. This will probably help others who have this issue.
ALi
Yeah I posted this under the FAQ portion of the first page. The Diamond and other devices comes with the shellres.192.dll.0409.mui where the Touch Pro comes with the shellres.192.dll both are identical just different names. This is why on here and at XDA some people would install my cab and not have the custom Start icon and some others so I would have them rename there shellres.192.dll.0409.mui to shellres.192.dll.0409.mui.bak and then soft reset this way allowing it to read my shellres.192.dll that was installed with the cab. Then you can delete the .bak one.

Last edited by tsowen; 01-30-2009 at 12:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch HD
Carrier: Simyo

RideTheTube is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to RideTheTube Send a message via Skype™ to RideTheTube

Hi buddies,

can someone give me the link to this taskbar please

[img=http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/hno8r8l2/thumb/Unbenannt.jpg]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unbenannt.jpg (5.5 KB, 258 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by RideTheTube; 01-30-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
This may seem to be a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know if it's possible to pull the system dlls from a ROM using BuildOS? I'm not a ROM chef, so I don't have the foggiest idea if that is even possible. If this is possible though, it may give us quick way to get the stock dlls, en masse, for each phone with out having to mess with Resco or TC individually pulling the dlls...
Use a ROM Extractor like this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideTheTube View Post
Hi buddies,

can someone give me the link to this taskbar please

This was the one sunnyboymarcel had made (the icon's) then HawaiianPunchMan inserted them into the dll's and made a cab. Try this here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1366

Last edited by tsowen; 01-30-2009 at 02:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRiNT

clami is becoming a great contributor

ok i found it and here is my icon tsowen!
Attached Images
File Type: png large.png (4.4 KB, 612 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Thetaman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThetaman is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThetaman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Thanks Tsowen, Yes I had the .0409 file. This will probably help others who have this issue.

ALi
ALi, I apologize the dll file I provided you earlier in the day was older and didn't have the "bagged" Multi-Alert as I thought. Let me know if you want that one. Also, keep in mind that it will change your start icon by changing this dll. Not sure what you want as your start icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWA69 View Post
yea i replaced it but its still showing my older icon.
tsowen, commented on this...several posts earlier in this thread. There is also info on the first page of this thread as to why this might happen.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=205
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes