PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 07:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3650

erups is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Changing the dlls to .96 isn't enough. The icons in the dll don't always scale down properly, so they will mess up more that your task bar (call history for one). Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Polaris a GSM phone?

Try installing this version for QVGA instead. It does not have the updated speaker icons yet, but it should work for you. Oh, and since your are on 6.1, your signal bars will not be modded, unfortunately...
What does "GSM phone" mean?
As far as i know the Polaris is a quad band UMTS/HSDPA/EDGE/GPRS.
I had the operating mode locked on GSM for battery consumption reasons, but i set it to auto yesterday.
Now it gets 3G ok.

Now the signal bars: You can see in the 1st pic the original theme of my rom, and in the 2nd the same rom with modded taskbar and theme.

since they *DID* change i assume they can be changed further.
So the question is: how?
And why on earth this forum doesn't accept my "enters" as \n\r chars???

Last edited by erups; 05-24-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by erups View Post
What does "GSM phone" mean?
Read here
Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3650

erups is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
Read here

Ok but what does this mean in terms of taskbar customization?
I think in italy there is no CDMA carrier whatsoever, all GSM...
Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

jmak512 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jmak512 Send a message via MSN to jmak512 Send a message via Yahoo to jmak512

I know this is a lot of asking and i read through bout 100 pages of it now can someone make a cab for the samsung omnia i know the display is not as good but for the verizon omnia i910 CDMA which cab could i use. Thank you so much for ur time and patience. I got to say all this taskbars are just wow. Thank you for all that u do for us!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

i just got time to install the latest taskbar, and all i can say is WOW!!!!! the new speaker looks KILLER, great job man keep up the good work dude!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

jmak512 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jmak512 Send a message via MSN to jmak512 Send a message via Yahoo to jmak512

I have tried some cabs but everything seems to work except the reception bars and EV 1x icons dont change anyone have an idea why samsung omnia i910
Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

they all work great over here on my diamond!!!

TSOWEN - I'm sure since the last release and you saying you would release the .psd files, that you have been getting a lot of emails!!!!!! Just wanted to ask if you got my PM and just to busy to respond now and will when you have free time, if so thats cool take you time and get your poop in a group, and hit me up when you got the time. I just wanted to make sure you got the PM. Thanks for everything man, if you want i could make up a list of all the things i change with your icons, i can even post them(I will not take any of the credit, and i will have a disclaimer saying that they are your icons, and all i did was except for copy and paste them THATS IT) Thanks for all the great work you do for all of us keep it up man

Last edited by apaquette0069; 05-26-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Thanks for all the emails and stuff, been real busy at work I will try to answer them as soon as possible and supply you with any updates or request you have made. Thanks for those who have stepped up and answered questions in my absence.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

I just installed the tsowen 3v1.4, and everything is great except whenever I have a bar or more of service it shows up as the stock white service bars. When there are no bars, it goes back to the blue. Did I make a mistake on the install, or download the wrong cab?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="7"/>
</characteristic>

That should fix your problem
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes