PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

A Little Preview Of Whats Coming Up

Old 02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

TSOWEN: i have been using your taskbars since your first one and i must say i LOVE them thank you for everything!!! I have a question for you, I tried to ask mike the chief of mighty rom because it involves his rom 4.4.5 and the latest Hotfix, but just the question alone got him upset and would not even disscuse the issue, any ways i will ask you im sorry if this is the wrong place, if so i will not ask again , so i dont know if you use a diamond (mostlikely) but i have v5 1.7 installed with mighty rom 4.4.5, and yesterday he released a hotfix to fix some bugs, after the install of the hotfix it changed my speaker icon to the default plain white one, so i tried a bunch of things to try to fix, if i reinstall your taskbar the icon comes back but the phone goes back to having the problems the hotfix fixes , no matter what i do i can not seem to change the icon back to the sweet one from your taskbar.

anyone running mighty 4.4.5 with tsowens v5 1.7, and the hotfix?????

any ideas on what could fix this ???/ i even tried to put the icons in the dll but they are still there??? and your icon shows when the phone is booting but changes to the default one about 30 seconds after the phone boots up.. this has got me stumped!!! thanks alot

Last edited by apaquette0069; 02-12-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
0069, get the dlls folder and see if installing the dll for the speaker icon will fix the issue.i think its htcvolume control file.
That's correct. Just copy the htcvolumecontrol.dll into windows and soft reset.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
0069, get the dlls folder and see if installing the dll for the speaker icon will fix the issue.i think its htcvolume control file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
That's correct. Just copy the htcvolumecontrol.dll into windows and soft reset.

i have tried both shellres files but i never tried the htcvoloumecontrol file i will try it and post back, thanks for the help every one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
got upset and wouldn't discuss the issue?? how weird is that!! and how very childish. have you installed sdkcerts and/or uninstalled and reinstalled?
tell me about it lol

yes sdkcerts is installed, thanks

Last edited by apaquette0069; 02-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Darren, Here you go. bro! This is from Tsowen's TB 3. What you're looking for is in Icon Group 4609, Icon 292.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.192.zip (351.1 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

u think the smiley faces wouldve pointed out that i WAS NOT childish, and if u read, clearly i DID reply to ur message, and i told u to reinstall the .cab. so i please ask that u do not troll my name in other threads. its comparative to talking **** behind my back and i definitely dont appreciate that. after the amount of stuff i release, this is what the users go off running around and speaking like this IN OTHER THREADS?

says alot about ur charaCter CHIEF.

like i said, if i had his taskbar installed the hotfix would have had that icon installed. now because my rom uses the standard taskbar menu, that dll is not included.

kthxbai

p.s dont troll my name in other threads. its very rude and CHILDISH
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
TSOWEN: i have been using your taskbars since your first one and i must say i LOVE them thank you for everything!!! I have a question for you, I tried to ask mike the chief of mighty rom because it involves his rom 4.4.5 and the latest Hotfix, but just the question alone got him upset and would not even disscuse the issue, any ways i will ask you im sorry if this is the wrong place, if so i will not ask again , so i dont know if you use a diamond (mostlikely) but i have v5 1.7 installed with mighty rom 4.4.5, and yesterday he released a hotfix to fix some bugs, after the install of the hotfix it changed my speaker icon to the default plain white one, so i tried a bunch of things to try to fix, if i reinstall your taskbar the icon comes back but the phone goes back to having the problems the hotfix fixes , no matter what i do i can not seem to change the icon back to the sweet one from your taskbar.

anyone running mighty 4.4.5 with tsowens v5 1.7, and the hotfix?????

any ideas on what could fix this ???/ i even tried to put the icons in the dll but they are still there??? and your icon shows when the phone is booting but changes to the default one about 30 seconds after the phone boots up.. this has got me stumped!!! thanks alot
I have the default standard Sprint ROM on an HTC Touch Pro so I am not sure what hotfixes were done and how it would effect the dll's try to unistall everything and then install all over again like everyone said. If this messes things up and erases the hotfix then post your HTCVolumecontrol.dll and your phcanOverbmp.dll these are the two files that have the speaker icons and I will edit them manually for you. No worries we will get you fixed up but try the first method and see what the end results are first.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
I have the default standard Sprint ROM on an HTC Touch Pro so I am not sure what hotfixes were done and how it would effect the dll's try to unistall everything and then install all over again like everyone said. If this messes things up and erases the hotfix then post your HTCVolumecontrol.dll and your phcanOverbmp.dll these are the two files that have the speaker icons and I will edit them manually for you. No worries we will get you fixed up but try the first method and see what the end results are first.
thanks tsowen when i get some free time i will upload them files THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU THE MAN!!!!!

edit:
i have tried everything and can't get it to work with any type of uninstall and reinstall so here are my files thank you very much
HTCVolumeControl and phcanoverbmp.dll.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
It isn't something complicated.

The hotfix applys an older revision of the htcvolumecontrol.dll

it's as easy as uninstalling ur cab, and reinstalling it....

I don't know why the overwriting of dll's is coming into play here.
---

Uninstall tsowen's cab and reinstall it and ur golden.
thank you mike for looking into the problem, i have tried to uninstall the taskbar but the phone for some reason becomes super unstable ex. any time i try to change the volume the phone looks up

Last edited by apaquette0069; 02-12-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
thanks tsowen when i get some free time i will upload them files THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU THE MAN!!!!!

edit:
i have tried everything and can't get it to work with any type of uninstall and reinstall so here are my files thank you very much

thank you mike for looking into the problem, i have tried to uninstall the taskbar but the phone for some reason becomes super unstable ex. any time i try to change the volume the phone looks up
Alright here you go everything is signed, changed a small setting in the HTCVolumecontrol with the signing of the certificate but should not effect anything at all. Try these out and let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip corrected Dll's.zip (252.4 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TP2

Macho is just getting started

active sync icon if any 1 interested still needs sum work
Attached Images
File Type: gif Untitled-1 copy.gif (22.2 KB, 96 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes