PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD

fabtan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabtan View Post
Hi Tsowen,

need your help on the taskbar. if you remember before that i mess up while loading and unloading 6v1 and afterwhich i've permission error reloading 6v1.

i've cleared it with dropping clean shellres.dill.0409 and this kinda resetted everything. Now i'm on the based of 5v1.7 with sunny's battery pack and i believe 6v1's HTCstartmenuservice & Largetitlebar.dll.

do you happen to have the clean HTCstartmenuservice and Largetitlebar.dll. i plan just to drop only the pchanoverbmp.dll of 6v3. Until hopefully, Gadget come back and had the HTCLTB and largetitlebar resolve for the distortion icon on Largetitlebar for HTC HD which maybe could be the causes from the resolution of 480x800 screen.

here's my HTCStartmenuservice.dll , Largetitlebar.dll, HTCLTB and shellres.dll for your reference in zip.

thanks
fab

Hi Tsowen,

i've drop the 6v3 phcanoverbmp.dll into window, here's how it looks.. very hybrid.
>5v1.7 signal icon
>modified shellres (by Gadget) with HTC start Icon
>6v3 phcanoverbmp
>6v1 startmenuservice
>5v1.7 HTCLTB ( i believe )

you can see png that i;ve snap capture in zip.

since i'm just beginning to understand better how all this works, like to have your advise if what i'm gonna do next is right...

> i've a previous modified shellres.192.dll ( from gadget ) from the base of 5v1.7 - this modified shellres changes was only the changing of default start icon of 5v1.7 to HTC logo start icon. assuming i remove this hybrid of 5v1.7 that i currently have and installed the 6v3 lite. - can i just drop the modified shellres.192.dll(c/w the HTC logo but on the baseline of 5v1.7) to window? will it works???
also, i believe if i do that, there will be no changes make to my existing HTCstartmenuservice as well as the HTCLTB i suppose

fab
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCstartmenuservice.zip (166.0 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fabtan; 04-02-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho View Post
I posted this earlier but for some reason the link didnt work for the picture... But if any of you guys are interested in maybe using any of these in upcoming taskbars I have more icons available Give me a pm if interested thanks guyz

I really like these especially the 2 red ones those look great I would loce to get those on my taskbar.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabtan View Post
Hi tsowen,

for my case before on problem with uninstalling and re-installing with 6v1, i realize one thing since now i getting to better know which file is for which icon and how is all are work.

first time i installed the 6v1 - there wasn't any problem with the installation. but what i might have done wrong was that i drop a 5v1.7 shellres.192.dll ( that gadget have modified for me - changing of window start icon to HTC start icon ). obviously, that action didn't work to change the default start icon of 6v1 to what i wanted - HTC start icon.

then i tried to uninstalled 6v1.. and that's where the problems start - with not able to completely uninstall6v1. was finally removed with the help of memmaid uninstaller. but from there on, i've permission denied when trying to re-install 6v1.

hope this info may be of help to you in your possible doubt.

fab
Install the "lite" version I posted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD

fabtan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Install the "lite" version I posted.
ok, one more question, installing "lite" version will not change HTCstartmenuservice & HTCLTB right?
do you have a clean dll for both?

next, if i wanted the HTC start icon - what do i do? can i replace the old modified shellres.192.dll to do so? i'm appending the shellres for your confirmaiton.

sorry for so many question.

fab
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fabtan shellres.192.zip (323.9 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fabtan; 04-02-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizm0luvsu View Post
ok im having an issue. Im trying to edit the shellres.192.dll file. well for somereason when i load it into restorator i cant see the icons even if i unsign it. if i load it into reshack i can see the icons but if i edit it it breaks it. any help
take the shellres file you want drag it over the unsigner (black window opens/closes), open up pe explorer/reshack, click open, find your unsigned shellres, click ok, now edit away (look under icon entry/icons) but make sure you sign it after.

not 2 sure what you mean by "if i edit it, it breaks"? but if you follow the instructions, all is good all will work
Old 04-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Dre@mer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
How to create your own Start Icon (VGA)

1. Create an icon in 41x36 then save as .ico file (32bits) for QVGA 21x18
2. Copy you "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" or "shellres.192.dll" to your SD card then to your PC
3. Unsign the file using Unsigner (for this just drag the file on top of this and it will unsign it)
4. Open it in one of these three Reshack / PE Explorer / Restorator and go to "Icon group/4609
5. Click on Action/Replace Icon/Open new file
6. Insert your new icon, click replace.
7. Save your modified file
8. OpenMssignerorMultiple file Signer
· click Start sign Process (for MFS follow directions in the link)
· a window will pop-up with "Process finished!"
· You will see a that a text file has been create for your shellres on your desktop
· Open the text file, if you see "Warning: This file is signed, but not timestamped, Succeeded" you know the file was signed.
9. Transfer the modified file to your SD card
10 Open TC and navigate to the /Windows and rename your old file to "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui.bak" or "shellres.192.dll.bak"
11. Move your modified file from your SD card into the /Windows
12. Soft Reset

(To change out other Icons please visit this thread to see which .dll contains what Icon. You will need to replace the icon with the same size icon as in the original .dll and still follow the above steps http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437307 )
Hi tsowen
need your help !
i'm on a french rom on Diamond (AZTOR X2) with your 6v2.2 taskbar
i found 2 files : "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" and "shellres.192.dll" into Windows' folder, i try with the "shellres.192.dll.0409.mui" file --) unsigned, changed the icon, resigned, got the good text file at the end, i rename the old file with .bak, replace the file with Resco Explorer, Soft Reset~~
but the Start icon didn't change, i used one of yours : htc_start.ico (41x36), but when i replace it, in place of 41x36, i can read 32x32..

where i did something bad ?
thanks~~
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoren View Post
hi tsowen, can you guide me thru the above? not too sure what to do.
I'll help:
What tsowen is asking users to do to cleanly remove the taskbars (if uninstall isn't working) is to rename the files in the windows directory. You can also use this method if you're having trouble overwriting or manually installing the dll taskbar files. Just skip the step 6 and copy the new files into windows after renaming. THEN reset.

1. write down the names of the files (dlls, muis) that are not replacing or resetting.
2. Use an advanced file explorer like Total Commander (many links to this program around here if you don't already have it.)
3. Navigate with Total Commander on your phone to your windows directory. Go to "File" on the left soft key and then scroll the menu to "find files".
4. Type in the name of the file you want to change. When the list comes up highlight that file, click on "file" on the left soft key again and use "rename" option on the menu list.
5. Add ".bak" to the end of the file name *without quotes of course.
6. Restart your phone. You would be back to stock. YOu can then go and delete all the .bak files as they are no longer needed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Which icons won't go away? The first post here has a picture of the various icons (though they may be changed the topic is the same) for each dll file. I can help you figure it out.

As for the spb full keyboard, first choose another keyboard in your sip menu then use the uninstall. IF you still can't get rid of it use a program that allows you to kill processes (like sktools) and kill the SIPGT_app.exe process then uninstall.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
I'll help:
What tsowen is asking users to do to cleanly remove the taskbars (if uninstall isn't working) is to rename the files in the windows directory. You can also use this method if you're having trouble overwriting or manually installing the dll taskbar files. Just skip the step 6 and copy the new files into windows after renaming. THEN reset.

1. write down the names of the files (dlls, muis) that are not replacing or resetting.
2. Use an advanced file explorer like Total Commander (many links to this program around here if you don't already have it.)
3. Navigate with Total Commander on your phone to your windows directory. Go to "File" on the left soft key and then scroll the menu to "find files".
4. Type in the name of the file you want to change. When the list comes up highlight that file, click on "file" on the left soft key again and use "rename" option on the menu list.
5. Add ".bak" to the end of the file name *without quotes of course.
6. Restart your phone. You would be back to stock. YOu can then go and delete all the .bak files as they are no longer needed.
Nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
hey eenie can you or anyone tell us what the dll's will say for the taskbar...i have 2 taskbars that wont go away as well as spb full keyboard trial....
Go back a few pages I posted the Code for taskbar 6v3 that has all the files listed, if you are running a previous taskbar then use the "lite" code for the taskbar 6v3 as your guide.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

This if for my MightyMike ROM users here are the HTCVolumecontrol.dll's with the new version. Each one is labeled by taskbar so TB2 would be taskbar2 and so forth. Just rename your old one to HTCVolumecontrol.dll.bak and drop this one into /Windows using TC or Resco and then soft reset.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes