PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
You even quoted what I said when I said this doesn't apply to 100% of users. Can you not read? So it basically sounds like your nephew is a bright user, unfortunately he has no individualism and can't think for himself (which was actually #2 on my list). And how lovely it is, considering my formula, that he works for the government, because there is just tons of freedom and individuality in government jobs. Ha! I'm sure he's the hit of the party, too.
you are saying it pretty harsh but i understand what you're saying, the customization you have with the iphone is extremely limited. honestly if i pick up anybody's iphone in my building, right off top i will not be able to tell them apart because they all look the same. if you pick up any winmo phone they all look different and have so many different layouts. apple leaves little user customization.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

there are tradeoffs....

TP2 will have advantages that itll make it hold its own against the iPhone like multitasking, bigger, higher resolution screen, best keyboard in the game, file manager (huge one for me) Web downloading capabilities (another huge one)

but the iPhone will still have the BEST web browser around, BEST media player around, and BEST gaming platform and endless apps. it may not have all the features of winmo, but what it does, it does better....

what rival companies (Palm Pre, Droid etc.) fail to realize is, that if you want to beat the iPhone, you should attack its strengths, not its weaknesses. If you best it at its strenghts, all there are left are weaknesses and no reason to own one anymore rite?? Why flaunt multitasking when it still has the best media player?? Why flaunt a keyboard when it has PSP competitive gaming?? Why flaunt something that the iPhone doesnt have when it still one-ups you on what it does have?? Thats why as much as i want to see one, there isnt a real iPhone killer yet....

there... i contributed to the discussion while maintaining common sense...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

just what i was looking for...a bonfire to roast my popcorn...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
you are saying it pretty harsh but i understand what you're saying, the customization you have with the iphone is extremely limited. honestly if i pick up anybody's iphone in my building, right off top i will not be able to tell them apart because they all look the same. if you pick up any winmo phone they all look different and have so many different layouts. apple leaves little user customization.
My original Apple hatred came from the ignorant sheep that listened to the commercials and Apple's original marketing ploys (they claimed at one point that Mac users had higher IQs). But lately, it's more to do with the customization and freedom. How the HELL are people buying a piece of technology that doesn't allow you to do what you want to it. That angers me more than anything. I understand that some of it has to do with carrier (which is probably why I'm on T-Mobile because they don't have outrageous plans for data and tethering), but as I read my feeds everyday, be sure to find at least one "Apple blocks app" story every couple days. Either those stories or about how Apple doesn't like it when people jailbreak their phone so they can put what they want on it. UGH. Apple is like the super over-protective parents that need to just let go of the F-ing leash.

The syncing of culture annoys me, too. You can bet that most iPhone users tote their reusable grocery bags and work on their MacBook at Starbucks. UGH.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
there are tradeoffs....

TP2 will have advantages that itll make it hold its own against the iPhone like multitasking, bigger, higher resolution screen, best keyboard in the game, file manager (huge one for me) Web downloading capabilities (another huge one)

but the iPhone will still have the BEST web browser around, BEST media player around, and BEST gaming platform and endless apps. it may not have all the features of winmo, but what it does, it does better....

what rival companies (Palm Pre, Droid etc.) fail to realize is, that if you want to beat the iPhone, you should attack its strengths, not its weaknesses. If you best it at its strenghts, all there are left are weaknesses and no reason to own one anymore rite?? Why flaunt multitasking when it still has the best media player?? Why flaunt a keyboard when it has PSP competitive gaming?? Why flaunt something that the iPhone doesnt have when it still one-ups you on what it does have?? Thats why as much as i want to see one, there isnt a real iPhone killer yet....

there... i contributed to the discussion while maintaining common sense...
Just a couple points to remember about this. I didn't get my phone for the games. I have an 360 and a DS for that. I don't want to walk into a conference room and play a driving game. I want to schedule and work on Excel and Word. I think Windows has always kept that in their mind. It's not easy to make a system for Entertainment work as well for Business. This is why Dell has a business line and a home line of products. Microsoft has always focused on the business line and Apple as the home line.

Also, you have to remember that apps will follow where the people are. Programming is programming. It's the same level of ease/difficulty making an app on Apple as it is on Windows, depending on which system you know already. There are so many apps out there for Apple because of the flock of the public to buy them. Ever ask why there's always the apps coming out for Apple and not for WinMo? It's just because people have been buying the iPhone. You get people to buy more Windows Phones, the apps will flow. Remember: the iPhone has more apps because it's more popular, not because it's a better system.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned User

Just a quick note that made me chuckle.

I read it in my WMExperts Feed...

"Sure we all know a Touch Pro 2 can smoke an iPhone in terms of functionality, power and even hardware, let alone a HD2, but at the end of the day, it is about branding, marketing, consumer appeal and making it desirable."

http://www.wmexperts.com/wired-weigh...rosoft-blew-it
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
MikeElGiga23

Quote:
Just a couple points to remember about this. I didn't get my phone for the games. I have an 360 and a DS for that. I don't want to walk into a conference room and play a driving game. I want to schedule and work on Excel and Word. I think Windows has always kept that in their mind. It's not easy to make a system for Entertainment work as well for Business. This is why Dell has a business line and a home line of products. Microsoft has always focused on the business line and Apple as the home line.

Also, you have to remember that apps will follow where the people are. Programming is programming. It's the same level of ease/difficulty making an app on Apple as it is on Windows, depending on which system you know already. There are so many apps out there for Apple because of the flock of the public to buy them. Ever ask why there's always the apps coming out for Apple and not for WinMo? It's just because people have been buying the iPhone. You get people to buy more Windows Phones, the apps will flow. Remember: the iPhone has more apps because it's more popular, not because it's a better system.
true on all points even tough i never said that it was a better system. There are different devices for different styles so its pointless to argue on why one is better than the other.... why would i want a touch pro 2 if im a gamer??? why would i want an iphone if im a buisness user that needs multitasking and a keyboard?? TP2 will one-up the iPhone like the iPhone will one-up the TP2 on different comparisons so its all about preference...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
true on all points even tough i never said that it was a better system. There are different devices for different styles so its pointless to argue on why one is better than the other.... why would i want a touch pro 2 if im a gamer??? why would i want an iphone if im a buisness user that needs multitasking and a keyboard?? TP2 will one-up the iPhone like the iPhone will one-up the TP2 on different comparisons so its all about preference...
Exactly, although I didn't want to make it seem like it was an attack on your statements (saying that it's a better system). We all know it's about preference, blah blah blah. But the OP is looking for arguments to make him feel better about his purchase, as his "friends" have been talking up their iPhone around him. There's no better way to feel better about your purchase than to bash the other options. And that's something I get passionate about. It feels good doing the research and knowing more than the average iPhone user. Hell, that post that one person made about his rocket scientist nephew using the iPhone makes me feel like I should be running things at NASA.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Personally I like the iphone... and like ive said many times before on this forum if it werent for the ability to flash and I had to stick with basic windows mobile I would have switched years ago.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
MikeElGiga23

Quote:
Exactly, although I didn't want to make it seem like it was an attack on your statements (saying that it's a better system). We all know it's about preference, blah blah blah. But the OP is looking for arguments to make him feel better about his purchase, as his "friends" have been talking up their iPhone around him. There's no better way to feel better about your purchase than to bash the other options. And that's something I get passionate about. It feels good doing the research and knowing more than the average iPhone user. Hell, that post that one person made about his rocket scientist nephew using the iPhone makes me feel like I should be running things at NASA.
bashing?? i can do that...

-bigger, higher res screen
-tilting keyboard
-interchangable UI's
-turn by turn directions
-multitasking
-file management
-web downloading
-flash in browser (skyfire)
-facebook integration
-useful homescreen (more data)
-better speaker