PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

I had an iPhone 3GS for 3 weeks and I have to say that I really liked the setup and smoothness of the phone. On the other hand, the phone was worthless because I don't live in a big city and it didn't work at all unless you were in one. Actually, I was restricted to "on network usage only" after only 2 weeks of having the stupid thing. They told me that I was costing them money and I was not a valued customer (because they could not make money off of me). They really said that to me. I have been with Verizon for 14 years (since they formed), and have never had any problems. I didn't last 3 weeks on AT&T. I will NEVER give AT&T another chance. The worst part of it is that I was charged $143 for the 19 days I had the phone and $186 for an ETF. I refused to pay anything and they sent me to collections and finally after 3 months they say they have waived the fees. I still get bills though. This was one of the worst experiences I have had with a large company. Again, the iPhone is OK, but AT&T makes it suck terribly.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Really?! Sorry, but that's just stupid. The owner of a company that size (one that has 75+ employees and provides cell phones & service - and probably more), didn't have the sense to say, "sure honey, let's get you an iPhone - just for you", and take just her to the AT&T store? Or am I mistaken, and there is more to the story (she wanted one for herself, and he was thinking AT&T would be more cost-effective, or whatever, so he made the switch). Doesn't make sense to switch 75 people for 1 iPhone.
+1, the company owner is an idiot.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
there is more to the story (she wanted one for herself, and he was thinking AT&T would be more cost-effective, or whatever, so he made the switch). .
LOL, actually that IS WHAT HE CLAIMED but I have seen the bills for both accounts & that was total BS. He just said that so everyone wouldn't think he was a complete idiot......

The really funny thing is, he got himself an iphone also. A week or so later, I saw him walking around talking on a new Blackberry. When I asked what happened to the iphone, he said he had to dump it because the battery life sucked......

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 12-05-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
if I see someone carrying an iPhone, I'm most likely going to think the following about them:
1. They are not that bright, especially when it comes to technology.
2. They cannot think for themselves.
3. They probably don't do research before buying something.

It may not apply for 100% of iPhone owners, but I'm sure going to believe it about them. Will I treat someone differently based on that? You're damn right I will.
this is retarded.

My Sisters son is absolutely brilliant (he went to Dartmouth on a full academic scholarship & now works for Nasa). I gave him a TP when he was first considering a PPC & he absolutely hated it. He had no desire whatever to customize it & just wanted something that worked perfectly right out of the box (& nobody has ever said a TP will do that).

He bought an iphone & absolutely loves it. He bought it after trying some of his co-workers iphones (they all love them also)

Not everybody is a geek like the posters here (most PPC users aren't actually). That certainly doesn't make them "technically incompetent" either, my Sister's kid works with real life "rocket scientists" & he is an engineer with two PHD's

~John
Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, actually that IS WHAT HE CLAIMED but I have seen the bills for both accoounts & that was total BS. He just said that so everyone wouldn't think he was a complete idiot......

The really funny thing is, he got himself an iphone also. A week or so later, I saw him walking around talking on a new Blackberry. When I asked what happened to the iphone, he said he had to dump it because the battery life sucked......

~John
lol
Old 12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
obviously your statement is common sense but he asked a question so obviously he wants to know what the differences are and what makes one better then the other.
so you are saying that any post here is acceptable as long as its not common sense...??

... this cracked me up...

next thread...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
so you are saying that any post here is acceptable as long as its not common sense...??

... this cracked me up...

next thread...
actually what i'm saying if you could read is that as long as you're trying to answer the op's question its acceptable. you weren't tyring to help, you were making smart remarks and being a jerk. so yes, bounce to the next thread unless you finally want to make some sense.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Wizard, Apache, Titan, Vogue, Herman, Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

htc.user is just getting started

higher pixel density, ability to download and save files directly from the web, direct access to the file system both from the phone and computer.

that said, i like my ipod touch for some things, like google reader on safari. the webkit browser works perfectly with it because that's the type of device/browser it was designed for. i can use iris or dorothy to view the same page with similar results, but that's not what i use my phone for. i think of my small apple products as bathroom appliances; the ipod classic i use in the shower speaker setup, and the ipod touch i use to read google reader while on the toilet in the morning feeling groggy...it takes very little precision, and with rubber incase and screen shield and zero moving parts (save the buttons), it's just convenient and worry-free.

also, gsm chirping into speakers during incoming radio signals is an annoyance that i'd rather not have, but being able to swap my phones is a nice thing about gsm and sim cards.

personally, i admire any expression of technology, and like it or not apple, google, microsoft, htc are all expressing their ideas and products. preferring one to another is fine, but the ability to use anything and make it work for you is one of the benefits of being human.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
this is retarded.

My Sisters son is absolutely brilliant (he went to Dartmouth on a full academic scholarship & now works for Nasa). I gave him a TP when he was first considering a PPC & he absolutely hated it. He had no desire whatever to customize it & just wanted something that worked perfectly right out of the box (& nobody has ever said a TP will do that).

He bought an iphone & absolutely loves it. He bought it after trying some of his co-workers iphones (they all love them also)

Not everybody is a geek like the posters here (most PPC users aren't actually). That certainly doesn't make them "technically incompetent" either, my Sister's kid works with real life "rocket scientists" & he is an engineer with two PHD's

~John
You even quoted what I said when I said this doesn't apply to 100% of users. Can you not read? So it basically sounds like your nephew is a bright user, unfortunately he has no individualism and can't think for himself (which was actually #2 on my list). And how lovely it is, considering my formula, that he works for the government, because there is just tons of freedom and individuality in government jobs. Ha! I'm sure he's the hit of the party, too.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Wizard, Apache, Titan, Vogue, Herman, Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

htc.user is just getting started

Quote:
Dartmouth
go big green!