PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:57 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
I had an iPhone 3GS for 3 weeks and I have to say that I really liked the setup and smoothness of the phone. On the other hand, the phone was worthless because I don't live in a big city and it didn't work at all unless you were in one. Actually, I was restricted to "on network usage only" after only 2 weeks of having the stupid thing. They told me that I was costing them money and I was not a valued customer (because they could not make money off of me). They really said that to me. I have been with Verizon for 14 years (since they formed), and have never had any problems. I didn't last 3 weeks on AT&T. I will NEVER give AT&T another chance. The worst part of it is that I was charged $143 for the 19 days I had the phone and $186 for an ETF. I refused to pay anything and they sent me to collections and finally after 3 months they say they have waived the fees. I still get bills though. This was one of the worst experiences I have had with a large company. Again, the iPhone is OK, but AT&T makes it suck terribly.
Just a side note, make sure AT&T didn't screw up your credit with the collections. I don't know how often you do maintenance on your credit, but you can check out CreditBoards.com for LOTS of great info. Also, you can get a real free credit report from all 3 bureaus from annualcreditreport.com (not the other free credit site). If they did send you to collections, and eventually waived the fees, make sure your credit reflects that. Just a heads up.

Okay, back to trashing iPhone and AT&T...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
bashing?? i can do that...

-bigger, higher res screen
-tilting keyboard
-interchangable UI's
-turn by turn directions
-multitasking
-file management
-web downloading
-flash in browser (skyfire)
-facebook integration
-useful homescreen (more data)
-better speaker
-customization
-handwriting recognition
-mobile office suite
-INSURANCE!!!!
-better plan rate

..... need i say more??
see what happens when you play nice i'll be honest i'm glad he created this thread because we've all played with an iphone but i learned a couple of things i didn't like the fact you can't download from the web on the iphone (thats a killer for me) and file management. those things alone will never allow me to purchase an iphone plus of course all of the other stuff.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-05-2009, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

jdisrael is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jdisrael

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
"If you've got tons of viruses on your PC, don't worry: it's not your fault! It's because you have a PC instead of a Mac, not because you're a moron opening any email that comes to you and those 6 hours a day you spend on that sketchy online poker website! And don't listen to PC when he comes out with a new Windows version and makes promises! Apple's style is to basically not mention our limitations and release them 3 years after everyone else has them, like we did with the iPhone and MMS! And Apple is great for your image! If you like looking like you have low intelligence and are fans of Paris Hilton and other celebrity idiots, you'll fit right in when you walk into the Apple Store! So if computing is too complicated for you, and you need a simpler lifestyle, feel free to get a Mac! We like to think of it as just going to college and taking all easy 100-level courses. Sure, you got a 4.0, but you're not that smart."
You know what, i wasnt even going to bother commenting on this thread because its pointless, but now this is getting ridiculous. Its now about apple in general? I was a pc user all my life until i got a mac a few years ago. it has nothing to do with someone being a yuppy or whatever. apple makes great software and a great os that is extremely intuitive and talks well across applications. but i also love my touch pro 2 and would never get an iphone. why? because i agree with the points that it is less customizable, less flexible, and its only on att. thats it. but its a great phone for people who want a more straightforward multimedia experience. apple used to be really expensive until they switched to intel chips in their macs. macs are really a finely built machine with amazing warranty and amazing os. lets just stick to facts when comparing phones and not start classifying iphone owners or mac users as one type. ridiculous
Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
see what happens when you play nice i'll be honest i'm glad he created this thread because we've all played with an iphone but i learned a couple of things i didn't like the fact you can't download from the web on the iphone (thats a killer for me) and file management. those things alone will never allow me to purchase an iphone plus of course all of the other stuff.
those are the exact two reasons i dont have one... im so used to downloading music albums from the web, extract them to my music folder and rename the songs so there are nice and organized on the go, same goes to downloading 3rd party apps via .cab or .apk (without the store)... if i cant do that or have to depend on the PC, ill pull my hair out... I can live without multitasking but my ability to get what i want without a PC, thats priceless... bummer though, i love everything else it does...
Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdisrael View Post
You know what, i wasnt even going to bother commenting on this thread because its pointless, but now this is getting ridiculous. Its now about apple in general? I was a pc user all my life until i got a mac a few years ago. it has nothing to do with someone being a yuppy or whatever. apple makes great software and a great os that is extremely intuitive and talks well across applications. but i also love my touch pro 2 and would never get an iphone. why? because i agree with the points that it is less customizable, less flexible, and its only on att. thats it. but its a great phone for people who want a more straightforward multimedia experience. apple used to be really expensive until they switched to intel chips in their macs. macs are really a finely built machine with amazing warranty and amazing os. lets just stick to facts when comparing phones and not start classifying iphone owners or mac users as one type. ridiculous
Some of my reasons for disliking the iPhone have to do with Apple as a company. And if the OP is looking for fodder for his argument with friends, there's plenty of it when you open the Apple bag. The fact that you're not allowed to do what you want with it is AT&T AND Apple.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned User

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Wow, I didn't even know you couldn't download from the web. WOW. Jesus. That's a move from handcuffs to a straight-jacket. WOW!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

LbC Ya562 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, what HE SAID!!!...... I got a pc..... I got a tp2..... But just got a 32GB 3rd Gen ipod touch (My Favorite mUSIC DEVICE )...... Cant we all just get along??....lmao

Last edited by LbC Ya562; 12-05-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

one thing that is so true and irritates me to this day (especially since i don't run manilla) is windows media player mobile. wm player is garbage and so is every other winmo music player (s2p, coreplayer, and any other). tf3d has an ok player that i would have no problems using but i am not a htc sense user and love titanium. winmo needs to incorporate zune music and then we will have no flaws. the iphone and touch are basically the same thing, so zune and winmo phone needs to do the samething.

Last edited by p-slim; 12-05-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

^Have you tried Nitrogen? That's pretty much all I use anymore. It's great. Runs from the card, quick, has an equalizer, and its skinnable.

iPhones honestly really remind me of Sidekicks. I had one back in 04 & that damn thing drove me nuts. I hacked it as much as I could but it was still SO limited. I had it for a year & ditched it for a Treo 650.

Like I said earlier, my main beef with apple is that they shamelessly market to the Myspace 'n' Facebook LIKE OMG crowd who care more about looking cool than getting a good value out of their computer purchase. I just don't like companies that operate that way. I'm a frugal person, and while I don't mind paying a lot for a quality device that I will get a lot of use out of(ahem, TP2), I hate overpriced crap. And apple is the reigning ruler of overpriced crap. I have noticed that the main crowd that buys apple stuff is usually yuppies & college students. They will happily pay 2 grand for a basic laptop just because its stylish & simple enough to operate that a 2 year old could work it. It's all overpriced status symbols as far as I'm concerned. I know I know, what should I care, right? I dunno why, but it just irks me. It's so wasteful. Same thing as those tanorexic girls who buy $800 purses.

My mom's friend tried to sell her her old MacBook for $600 last year. My mom(a complete tech-tard) was about to buy it too, she thought it was a good deal! I told her that if she bought it I would smash it on the sidewalk & slap her till she cried. Then I took her to Wal-Mart & picked her out a $400 laptop that had a bigger screen, bigger HD, better processor, and more ram.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned User

It's hard to imagine that there aren't any good media players out there for WinMo. Especially when a company like Resco exists. HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR PHOTO MANAGER? WOWZA!!!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison