PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why is TP2 better than iphone

Tell Them you have a Map for that.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: t-mobile

Warlock-Weary is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarlock-Weary is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarlock-Weary is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Tell Them you have a Map for that.
Omg .. Now thats funny !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1454 View Post
I would thank you 500x over if I could. Who fing cares if you have an Iphone, TP2, or a POS free phone? It's all in what you like. Tell them to lick your nuts and move on.
Because it's not as simple as that. If you read the other thread on the iPhone that I posted, you'll see that people are treated differently, especially professionally, based on what they are toting around. Honestly, if I see someone carrying an iPhone, I'm most likely going to think the following about them:
1. They are not that bright, especially when it comes to technology.
2. They cannot think for themselves.
3. They probably don't do research before buying something.

It may not apply for 100% of iPhone owners, but I'm sure going to believe it about them. Will I treat someone differently based on that? You're damn right I will.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

this is the biggest difference. Basically tell them my phone can do everything yours can and more, like wifi router, 5 row keyboard, real mulittasking, real user customizations to not an os made for you by apple, real microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, higher screen resolution, the list goes on and on. The real reason i like my phone is because i utilize almost every possible feature from ms exchange to all those i named above and certain things the iphone wouldn't cut it but honestly its all up to the user.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

asbestos is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
1. They are not that bright, especially when it comes to technology.
2. They cannot think for themselves.
3. They probably don't do research before buying something.
I always find the fanboism on both sides of a hardware/software debate to be humorous.

I personally am an avid Windows Mobile and iPhone user. I prefer Windows Mobile for the PDA functions and our internally written audit software, but for entertainment and applications as a whole, I prefer the iPhone.

Anyone could list a ton of reason why either devices are better than one another but the reality is that compared to PDA phones from even 3 years ago, they both kick some serious ass.

Either that or I am an non-technical autonomon who can't read reviews, but what ever.

To the OP, just tell your friends that yours is better because your cooler than they are.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:17 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

why do you care if they like the iphone and not the TP2???

these threads are childish IMO, be happy with what you got and let them be happy with what they got.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

we get to have insurance from our provider
Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

these threads are childish IMO, be happy with what you got and let them be happy with what they got.
Because neutrality is always boring!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

answers like these are useless. obviously your statement is common sense but he asked a question so obviously he wants to know what the differences are and what makes one better then the other. why is it wrong to ask what makes his phone better. he isn't starting a fight and asked a simple question. if you don't like it press back and read a different thread.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10
This is kinda funny.

We had a corporate Verizon account with probably 75 phones on it.

The owners Wife decided she just had to have an iphone like all her yuppie friends. Because of this, our owner switched the entire account to ATT & everyone had to buy a new phone (I stayed with VZ service).

Now, everyone on ATT is bitching because the service blows. We have two buildings on our business property. If you walk to the back building you cannot make or receive a call on an ATT phone.......

~John
Really?! Sorry, but that's just stupid. The owner of a company that size (one that has 75+ employees and provides cell phones & service - and probably more), didn't have the sense to say, "sure honey, let's get you an iPhone - just for you", and take just her to the AT&T store? Or am I mistaken, and there is more to the story (she wanted one for herself, and he was thinking AT&T would be more cost-effective, or whatever, so he made the switch). Doesn't make sense to switch 75 people for 1 iPhone.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison