PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

imtheman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

auto guessing for name entry for texting has never worked for me with the energy cabs.. is there a fix for this
Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

BRosenow is just getting started
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtheman View Post
auto guessing for name entry for texting has never worked for me with the energy cabs.. is there a fix for this
Have you tried typing 3 or 4 characters of the name and then hitting the backspace key? I'm not sure why it works, but this brings up the matching contacts from which you can choose the correct one. A SLIGHT pain, but it works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker

imtheman is a n00b

how does the in call recording application work with this rom
Old 06-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Lurker

imtheman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRosenow View Post
Have you tried typing 3 or 4 characters of the name and then hitting the backspace key? I'm not sure why it works, but this brings up the matching contacts from which you can choose the correct one. A SLIGHT pain, but it works.
yes I've discovered that method works.. but its very annoying...lol
Old 06-04-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

BRosenow is just getting started

I am having a problem with the May 28th 23569 Cookie version. I set the Power -> Backlight -> On Battery Power -> "Dim backlight if device is not used for:" to 4 minutes and after a while it goes back to the default of 10 sec. This is the first Energy ROM I have seen do this. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
Have you tried changing the video settings in TCPMP? Options - Video - changing the default selection from Direct Draw to RawFrameBuffer, or GAPI. Also, sometimes changing the video quality from High to normal can help. You didn't really state if you have problems with Audio or video so I'm kinda shooting in the dark here. TCPMP is generally a buggy program that I wish was still being developed, I really liked it alot. I went ahead and bought CorePlayer and have gotten 100% better results and use it as my default media player for everything, audio and video. The video codecs on Core Player are alot better, although it doesn't handle AC3 audio which is the trade-off with TCPMP.
My issues are mostly with the audio portion when using WMP though sometimes I get a total phone freeze. I've even tried using different conversion settings to solve the issue. Like I said, other ROMs work well with WMP. As far as TCPMP, already tried everything you suggested as well, still stutters.

Thanks for trying to help, will check out CorePlayer in the next couple of days.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

leland_jr is a n00b

I flashed back to VZW stock -- responsiveness and battery life much improved over these when I had tried in the past. I'd be curious what your impressions are... I'd be willing to even use Titanium if it improved responsiveness and battery. Was getting frustrating having the battery day and swype lag on each keypress.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

mindtrip1016 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by leland_jr View Post
I flashed back to VZW stock -- responsiveness and battery life much improved over these when I had tried in the past. I'd be curious what your impressions are... I'd be willing to even use Titanium if it improved responsiveness and battery. Was getting frustrating having the battery day and swype lag on each keypress.
I think you just named one of the major reasons for your lag. Swype. I tried swype 2.0 back in the day and swype 3.9 here recently. Both are sluggish. And a titanium build didn't help me. I dropped swype and have been doing pretty well every since. Something else that slowed my whitestone down was the opera full browser. I swapped opera for skyfire1.5 and lag is improved. I use opera mini 5 for simple insecure fast browsing also.

NRG, I have been running your MaxSense Jun02 ROM for the past 2 days. All I can say is its amazing. Very smooth. Quicker than anything I could cook myself.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRosenow View Post
How does CorePlayer handle interruptions? One of the things that irritates me about TCPMP is that if I am listening to a podcast or whatever and I get a phone call, it can't pick up where it left off and continue playing when the call is finished. Frankly, the same is true of WMP in the Energy ROMS as well - at least for me. Does CorePlayer recover after a call? Are others experiencing the same with WMP and TCPMP?
I can't say for Podcasts, I don't use them on my phone. If I have some time I'll try one and let you know. For me, I use DIVX to back up my home collection of DVD's. I've experienced playback issues when trying to use these files on my phone with TCPMP with the frames skipping, freezing, etc. and have had to tamper with many settings just to get it to barely work. Plus, the video quality was bad. On CorePlayer I have no problems. I can take the same file that I made and stream it on my XBOX and then copy it to my phone and play it.

So, had to try the podcast thing and I'm glad you mentioned it BRosenow. It works with no hiccups for me. I've been listening to the same podcast for the last 20 minutes. I called the phone twice, it paused and when I was done it went right back to where it left off. I launched shake and save, took a screenshot, synced the phone, copied the screenshot to my pc, surfed Opera Mini.. and not a single hiccup or pause. I'm impressed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (5.2 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE

Last edited by coolpoete; 06-04-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great news, NRG will be posting a Dinik Glass style ROM for the Imagio soon!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development