PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Yeah! That guy sucks. I can't believe he would ask a question on a forum without reading the change log. Who does that????

The next time he asks a question I say we comment really sarcastic about it, and then when he gets defensive, comment about THAT for like 2 days. Hell! Lets just stop commenting about ROMs completely and just bash that guys comments.

Who the hell watches full screen Youtube clips anyway? I just cant wait for MaxExtremeSenseManilaChocolateCookies&Cream Home Tab Flipper Interface to come out.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc geeks
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

02Luis02 is just getting started
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Anyway... This new ROM looks promising and without a doubt... a new era of WM interface is approaching... Thanks again chefs... really, you guys deserve the best for what you're doing.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@willywonkayoutuba: Maybe this might help you out a little bit. Attached is another version of youtube that I found somewhere, I can't remember where. I don't think it's HD, but I have tried playing several videos using both versions (the one installed on the May 28 NRG ROMs and this attached one) and the video quality on this one is slightly improved, enough to see a difference. Truce?
Attached Files
File Type: cab youtube.CAB (853.5 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt668 View Post
I wouldn't say he's the only one who cares but he goes about it in the wrong way. By the way coolpoet knows he was egging him on. I have no idea of what's involved in creating these roms but I am baffled at the amount of stuff he gets working and looking great and for some reason you can't get HQ youtube that it shipped with.
That does baffle me a bit. Things that work fine in other roms like ,Visual voicemail without a "fix" ,or youtube high quality, or the Wifi router that comes installed cant stay connected. But you know what.. i know those things dont work. And im sure NRG does too. I dont keep asking over and over again. In the end it comes down to asking yourself - can i live with those things not working. - for me, yes. I dont mind the VVM fix and could care less bout you tube. The wifirouter thing is a bit annoying but i will live without it. NRG's roms are the fastest and nicest looking. I think a part of willy's frustration comes from the fact that NRG doesnt say much. He walks softly and carries a big stick. lol. Certain chiefs like adortab are all over questions and inquiries. NRG says little to nothing. I think a little "im aware of the on-going you tube issue. The reason it and VVM dont work right with my roms is because...(insert answer) would go along way. But if he chooses not to answer thats ok. Its his business and no-one is forcing me to flash wit his roms. A lil more feedback directly from the guru himself would be great but oh well it is what it is.. enjoy the roms, offer feedback, and shut up. or use a diff one. ...... just my 2 cents
Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X

nhlpreds98 is a n00b

[QUOTE=gokudre;1789103]Yeah there a few things i cant figure out. Like when you set favorite contacts as a widget it doesnt do anything.

Yeah, I could not figure the favorite contacts widget out either, then I accidentally held it for a second and the contact details come up and you can choose call or message, etc. While I might prefer it just call the default number, I can easily deal with this. ROM fast and awesome, but getting lots of hangs coming out of lock screen and deleting last text message, issues I am sure will be addressed in due time. Luckily for me, I dont have all day to sit around and view HQ youtube video's. GREAT ROM, Much thanks to Max & NRG. I was about to swap to android before this. Damn fine work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

As others have stated about Willy's YuoTube concerns, he's NOT the only one who cares. I absolutely love NRG GTX rom but unfortunately I can't use it because the same issues with YouTube also affect WMP. I have to have WMP functional for my work. TCPMP stutters, so that is not an option. I have personally tried several of the ROMs in the upgrade forums and NRG's seem to be the only ones suffering this problem.

No amount of asking has resulted in an answer from a member here or from NRG himself. NRG is aware of the issue as he stated earlier in the thread he would ask Drell for help. There has been no further word on this. Obviously, there is either no easy fix or is not important to NRG, and I can still respect his efforts either way.

I understand Willy's frustration because we just want to use the ROM that we really like the best, in this case, we just can't.

And Willy, a little more civility in your posts would go a long way. Like me, this ROM is just not for you. Sorry

Last edited by obxKevin; 06-04-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: because I somehow missed an entire page of posts
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

jasturbo is a n00b

Does anyone else have an issue with the speakerphone not activating when you put the phone face down? Thanks for the ROMs NRG! Excellent work!

Oh forgot to mention I'm using the May 22 cookie rom.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jester fate is a n00b

i use the speaker phone facedown alot...i'm using may28 cookie...no problems with it on that one
Old 06-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxKevin View Post
I have to have WMP functional for my work. TCPMP stutters, so that is not an option.
Have you tried changing the video settings in TCPMP? Options - Video - changing the default selection from Direct Draw to RawFrameBuffer, or GAPI. Also, sometimes changing the video quality from High to normal can help. You didn't really state if you have problems with Audio or video so I'm kinda shooting in the dark here. TCPMP is generally a buggy program that I wish was still being developed, I really liked it alot. I went ahead and bought CorePlayer and have gotten 100% better results and use it as my default media player for everything, audio and video. The video codecs on Core Player are alot better, although it doesn't handle AC3 audio which is the trade-off with TCPMP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
I went ahead and bought CorePlayer and have gotten 100% better results and use it as my default media player for everything, audio and video.
How does CorePlayer handle interruptions? One of the things that irritates me about TCPMP is that if I am listening to a podcast or whatever and I get a phone call, it can't pick up where it left off and continue playing when the call is finished. Frankly, the same is true of WMP in the Energy ROMS as well - at least for me. Does CorePlayer recover after a call? Are others experiencing the same with WMP and TCPMP?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development