View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
coolpoete
Regular 'Geeker

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|May 28| 21905|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRosenow View Post
How does CorePlayer handle interruptions? One of the things that irritates me about TCPMP is that if I am listening to a podcast or whatever and I get a phone call, it can't pick up where it left off and continue playing when the call is finished. Frankly, the same is true of WMP in the Energy ROMS as well - at least for me. Does CorePlayer recover after a call? Are others experiencing the same with WMP and TCPMP?
I can't say for Podcasts, I don't use them on my phone. If I have some time I'll try one and let you know. For me, I use DIVX to back up my home collection of DVD's. I've experienced playback issues when trying to use these files on my phone with TCPMP with the frames skipping, freezing, etc. and have had to tamper with many settings just to get it to barely work. Plus, the video quality was bad. On CorePlayer I have no problems. I can take the same file that I made and stream it on my XBOX and then copy it to my phone and play it.

So, had to try the podcast thing and I'm glad you mentioned it BRosenow. It works with no hiccups for me. I've been listening to the same podcast for the last 20 minutes. I called the phone twice, it paused and when I was done it went right back to where it left off. I launched shake and save, took a screenshot, synced the phone, copied the screenshot to my pc, surfed Opera Mini.. and not a single hiccup or pause. I'm impressed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (5.2 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE

Last edited by coolpoete; 06-04-2010 at 07:58 PM.