PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker

ethiopianbuffman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
Based on my version, Mobile registry editor only loads from the phone, it doesnt let you evaluate registry files anywhere other than what is tethered.

I will keep looking but I really only know how to handle file extension .reg for helping you. I can do this really quicky if you use a program that can export in this format. PM me your email and I will send you one that works.
hey i pm'ed u my reg and qpst stuff, if you could take a look at it that would be great.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

rex126 is a n00b

I am a HTC Vouge user with NFSFAN rom with the agps fix and no vallhala thing. I am able to get a gps lock in around 60 sec outside only, so i am assuming that it is using the standard gps and not the agps. Now I tried the telus server adress using QPST and relayed those changes to the registry via the telus fix and get inside quick inside gps locks (im guessing agps) around 10 seconds, however they stop locking a few hours later. Again i used QPST and switched the server back to the verizon ip address (decimal by the way) and again i get quick inside locks for a few hours before they stop and i am back to the 60 second outside wait time. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a server address that i can use that will be stable or am I screwing something up along the way? I can live with standard old 60 sec gps locks if i have to, but i would love to get the agps working again!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

jacob623 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicjoe View Post

I have an xv6900, MR1, Valhalla. I can get plain GPS with Mode = 0. But as soon as I change it to Mode = 2, I don't get anything w/ google maps.

For PDEAddress I am entering, 5C 8B C6 D8, exactly. W/o the spaces I end up w/ 0's. For PDEPort I am entering, 88 89, exactly. Is that right? Also, could the key types have anything to do w/ it?

I have to get agps working again. Otherwise, it's 5 minute cold locks...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b

I did a couple of these and I had all kinds of problemes unless I re-installed Valhalla just before I made the registry changes. Install Valhalla Cab -> Make Changes -> Soft Reset and it worked each time after that process.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Lurker

I just tried re-installing Valhalla and it comes back "unsuccessful". I even started from scratch the other day, re-flashing w/ MR1, re-installing Valhalla. Am I entering everything correctly? ie., 5C 8B C6 D8 with the spaces?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900 MR1 w/customization
Carrier: Verizon

wmnoobie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob623 View Post
I have an xv6900, MR1, Valhalla. I can get plain GPS with Mode = 0. But as soon as I change it to Mode = 2, I don't get anything w/ google maps.

For PDEAddress I am entering, 5C 8B C6 D8, exactly. W/o the spaces I end up w/ 0's. For PDEPort I am entering, 88 89, exactly. Is that right? Also, could the key types have anything to do w/ it?

I have to get agps working again. Otherwise, it's 5 minute cold locks...
I would re-enter
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\Mode=2 <- D_WORD Decimal
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEAddress=5C8BC6D8<-Change to D_WORD Hex before entering the code
HKLM\Software\Valhalla Legends\GPSServer\PDEPort=8889<- D_WORD Decimal
Then soft reset -I ussually wait about 20-30 seconds after changing then soft reset and for whatever reason after that I power off pull battery and restart,
Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepis View Post
Thanks everyone for posting everything. The info has been great so far.

On a side note accuracy still seems off by about 20 feet. Before this little problem accuracy with the gps was almost always dead on for me. I guess 20 feet is livable though.
Has anyone been able to resolve the accuracy issue? I use my vogue on the golf course and while I may be able to live with 30 second locks (not really) the loss of accuracy makes it worthless
Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Has anyone been able to resolve the accuracy issue? I use my vogue on the golf course and while I may be able to live with 30 second locks (not really) the loss of accuracy makes it worthless
From where I stand you have a few variables to test:

1. You can try using the Bell aGPS information posted here on post #73. I got good locks yesterday when I was testing but I didn't check for accuracy. You could also see if any of the other server IPs are working from post #74.

2. You can adjust the registry settings to what is optimal for you. I would think that if the QosAccuracy doesn't do anything for you, Mode would be the only other really important area to play with.

3. Try updating PRL and software through *22899, it may help a little. Having new QuickGPS data downloaded may help a bit.

4. Try some other GPS software and see if it is more or less accurate.

5. Hard reset and flashing new ROMS. This may be the one area that really makes a difference. Just make sure that you don't load a bunch of other stuff before testing GPS so you can have some confidence in your results.

6. Anything that anyone else can think of???

Just FYI I am good using TomTom within five or ten feet at worst. How accurate do you need to be? I mean are you using this for your approach shot using a three wood or are you looking to drain a twenty footer?

Last edited by joshkeller77; 03-27-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Lurker

mellingtonii is a n00b

I have a Verizon XV6900, WM6.1, Valhalla Cab. My GPS is not working on Google Maps nor FreeCaddie. I downloaded PHM Regedit to make the registry modifications, but am clueless on how to do it.

please help anyone.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Lurker

Can anyone who has MR1 and the Valhalla fix tell me for certain that their aGPS is working using Telus? You should be getting < 1 min locks after 4+ hours idle. I would be so grateful if you'd export your valhalla reg settings (to a .reg file) and send them to me.

I have tried all of the suggestions here, and it's a no-go. GPS works, but only w/ Mode=0 and it takes 5 minutes on a cold start.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue