PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900 Vouge 100 WM6.5
Carrier: Verizon

jkambeitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

no, don't do that........ go back up to_________________----------------------------

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/newreply.p...ote=1&p=939180

KCDale99 Posted this, couple weeks ago, it still works people.!!!!!!!!........

I justreceived a new XV6900 in the mail today when mine suffered a hardwarefailure of some sort. The new phone came with the newest ROM whichincludes the 3.37.78 radio. Of course I turn on the phone, and updatesrun. This disabled the GPS even after loading a custom ROM. the aGPSfix would not work, and gps Viewer couldn't even find one satellite.

Ifigured this was just like an old, 'let the customizations run'problem. So I followed the steps found here with one exception:

<!-- m -->http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?titl ... ERIZON_GPS<!-- m -->

Onstep 4, I ran the RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_ShipOff icial ROM from Verizon. I did NOT let customizations run. I thenloaded my custom ROM. This puts me on the official Verizon radio.

After that, the aGPS fix worked like a charm and GPS is working.

Iknow this is a rehash of other issuew, but I wanted to let everyoneknow that the newest phones shipping are disabling GPS all together.

THIS STILL WORKS PEOPLE!!!!!!! been at this for a week now with absolutely no luck until now this guy has it.................. 5-31-09

I used NFSFAN's custom ROM WM6.5v8 for my custom rom.

the only other thing i had to do is when i was done installing ROM's my phone would not authenticate on Verizon network, so instead of calling them i use the online MY Verison to activate my phone to a old Verizon i760 then re-activated my xv6900 online ordered (verizon) a week ago !!! I have tried every fix, etc... until this combo... except i never went to the leaked verizon radio been to the bell, us cellular, alltel, verzon, etc... and back again..... now it works...... with the fix this guy posted......QPST ip info fom the fix page, links all seem to work!

Again********THIS STILL WORKS PEOPLE
Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900 Vouge 100 WM6.5

jkambeitz is a n00b

I repeat this is still working for me!!!!

Newer Verizon XV6900
with data package, luvin agps.
Pocket PC WIki:FIX VERIZON GPS

This WORKS the date is June 15, 2009..............................
Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

MegaSam is a n00b
Angry Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

I have gone through hell and high water to get my Verizon XV6900 to work with GPS. At first I updated the phone to the official MR1 update and let customizations run (probably my first mistake). Then I found out that you can enable GPS on my phone. So I applied the Valhalla GPS cab shown here http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
It worked for awhile took some time to get a fix then didn't work. I then applied this fix http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?title=Pocket_PC_WIki:FIX_VERIZON_GPS
but then not knowing how to NOT let customizations run I let the Sprint ROM on step 2 run its customizations (thus screwing it up even more). Next thing I did was to apply the 0.40.coke over again and the whole procedure again. That of course did not work. I then did that fix again but ran the MR1 update in step 4 without customizations. Then i flashed to NFSFANs 6.5 v10 ROM, then a whole mess of problems I kept getting data call failure error code: 11 etc. MMS did not work nor did anything data related (and yes I applied the mms cabs with NFSFANS ROMS and the GPS cabs also followed the instructions). NOTHING WORKS, so I call verizon explaining this is a hung data connection and to reset my phone from there. They supposedely do that, and the mms still does not work. So they are sending me a new XV6900 since I am still under warranty. Hopefully the new phone does not have the MR1 update installed. My question is if the new phones doesn't have the MR1 update what can I do from there to get GPS fully working. THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A PAIN.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900

djanu is a n00b

Sorry to hear that you screwed up your device, I feel your pain, though expect the new device with latest Rom and so a definite lock on GPS, I got mine last week.

Now for the GPS to work just follow the steps exactly as stated here
http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS

for coustomiozation not letting run, do a soft reset (poke into to reset hole at bottom) phone will reboot..

I got mine working even without dataplan that means without agps, so gps lock takes longer. For you, it shd work much better...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSam View Post
I have gone through hell and high water to get my Verizon XV6900 to work with GPS. At first I updated the phone to the official MR1 update and let customizations run (probably my first mistake). Then I found out that you can enable GPS on my phone. So I applied the Valhalla GPS cab shown here http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix
It worked for awhile took some time to get a fix then didn't work. I then applied this fix http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?title=Pocket_PC_WIki:FIX_VERIZON_GPS
but then not knowing how to NOT let customizations run I let the Sprint ROM on step 2 run its customizations (thus screwing it up even more). Next thing I did was to apply the 0.40.coke over again and the whole procedure again. That of course did not work. I then did that fix again but ran the MR1 update in step 4 without customizations. Then i flashed to NFSFANs 6.5 v10 ROM, then a whole mess of problems I kept getting data call failure error code: 11 etc. MMS did not work nor did anything data related (and yes I applied the mms cabs with NFSFANS ROMS and the GPS cabs also followed the instructions). NOTHING WORKS, so I call verizon explaining this is a hung data connection and to reset my phone from there. They supposedely do that, and the mms still does not work. So they are sending me a new XV6900 since I am still under warranty. Hopefully the new phone does not have the MR1 update installed. My question is if the new phones doesn't have the MR1 update what can I do from there to get GPS fully working. THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A PAIN.
Radio Version 3.37.77
PRL 51425
PRI 1.37_002
Old 06-18-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

sdlucky7 is becoming a great contributor

Just on a side note.... Any maybe I am the only one... But mine works with the stock Verizon rom, radio 3.37.78, Vahalla cab, and changing the GPS server to Tellus...

Old 06-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sirebral is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

I've tried everything I've found in this thread, my phone was replaced earlier this week and I've gone through every procedure without any locks. Is there any definitive answer? I'm starting to get annoyed with myself for selling my standalone GPS unit!!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

im about to try it, wish me luck!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: verizon

mojodad is a n00b

I am also having a hard time getting my radio to work. Did it work? If so, what did you do. I see different approaches and have tried just about all of them. I don't have a data plan I would like to use TomTom 6 and avoid the aGPS problems.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC vogue

nlebaron is a n00b

I followed this tutorial http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS but used Kristal v5 Rom and did not have to do the last step. No aGPS fix needed if you use this Rom.

The Rom can be found here
Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Lurker

cinoaz is a n00b

Quote:

"I followed this tutorial http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS but used Kristal v5 Rom and did not have to do the last step. No aGPS fix needed if you use this Rom.

The Rom can be found here "

I followed the instructions exactly. Actually twice. The first time I performed the aGPS fix, no joy.

The second time I loaded the Kristal ROM, again no joy.

Cannot pick up satellite either time.

VX6900
Radio 3.37.78
ROM 3.08.666.1
Hardware version 0001

Really frustrating !!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue