PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Verizon GPS not working anymore (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61493)

jlh11364 03-17-2009 08:55 PM

Verizon GPS not working anymore

Has anyone had their GPS start to fail on Verizon in the last couple of days? I Have a xv6900 running the verizon 6.1 MR1 uprgrade (beta version). I have all of the suggested settings set properly and all of a sudden on Sunday, my GPS started not working. I did multiple soft resets, tried a backup, deleted some recent applications I added. None of the above worked. So I tried a hard reset and reloaded everything. Still nothing. My GPS Test program senses the GPS server, but no satellites. Google maps times out, Live search times out and Google Navigator just keeps trying. Did Verizon do something to their network? Is there a fix? Reading some threads on XDA, there are some others with the same problem. Is it time to do a complete fresh ROM and get rid of all of the Verizon lock downs?

leglace 03-17-2009 09:40 PM

Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

Son of a #$%@!!! Mine stopped working too. Its been over a week since I last tried it. WTF!

If they did, I am dropping them today.

damaph 03-17-2009 09:56 PM

Thats funny... becuase I have the same problem. I also tried hard reseting and re-installing everything, nothing works.

leglace 03-17-2009 10:12 PM

Yeah, it looks like Verizon disabled it. Have all you guys had the customizations run, but had Valhalla installed to allow the GPS to lock?

I am shopping Alltel right now looking for a deal. Its sad because my wife and I had Verizon for 5 years.

sdlucky7 03-18-2009 10:08 AM

Lame... I actually came on here to start a thread on this exact topic. It has been driving me nuts for the last couple of days.

I'm happy (I guess) that I'm not the only one having this problem.

I wonder what is going on?

FYI leglace... Alltel is part of Verizon now...

thenikonian 03-18-2009 10:36 AM

Mine is dead too... I guess I'll go out and get an external bluetooth GPS receiver. AFAIK they can't turn that off. It's terrible that I'll have to carry around another piece of equipment... I guess the $200 + a month I spend with Verizon isn't enough. The greedy pigs want more of my money.

**** Begin Rant ****
ATTN Verizon! Your VZ Navigator software is GARBAGE! Why would I pay $10 a month for your LIMITED software when I can get a Tomtom One GPS device for $80 brand new and there is no monthly subscription?

Geocaching, geotagging images and route logging can NOT be done with VZ Navigator.

**** End Rant ****

sdlucky7 03-18-2009 10:45 AM

I wonder... Do those using VZ Navigator have this problem? Supposedly it uses the same set-up as the Vahalla GPS server does.

leglace 03-18-2009 11:09 AM

VZ Navigator is not even available for the XV6900. Thats the worst part.

jacob623 03-18-2009 11:14 AM

Same thing here. Verizon xv6900, MR1, Valhalla's GPS Server. GPS was working on Sunday. On Monday it stopped working. I didn't do any updated programming or anything (*228). Does Verizon just push down software to user devices? I've reflashed back to MR1, re-installed everything, etc. I'm still not finding any satallites.

I'm interested, also, if VZ Nav is having problems. Anyone w/ VZ Navigator having problems? I live in central FL and thought perhaps the NASA shuttle launch (Sunday pm) may have something to do w/ it, but a friend on AT&T is able to get locks on his i-phone, no problem.

W7GMC 03-18-2009 01:58 PM

I too, have the same issue now. This is BS. GPS was working fine and now....NOTHING!
I'm gonna miss the GPS, damn thing was working excellent!