View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 PM
joshkeller77
PPCGeeks Regular

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Has anyone been able to resolve the accuracy issue? I use my vogue on the golf course and while I may be able to live with 30 second locks (not really) the loss of accuracy makes it worthless
From where I stand you have a few variables to test:

1. You can try using the Bell aGPS information posted here on post #73. I got good locks yesterday when I was testing but I didn't check for accuracy. You could also see if any of the other server IPs are working from post #74.

2. You can adjust the registry settings to what is optimal for you. I would think that if the QosAccuracy doesn't do anything for you, Mode would be the only other really important area to play with.

3. Try updating PRL and software through *22899, it may help a little. Having new QuickGPS data downloaded may help a bit.

4. Try some other GPS software and see if it is more or less accurate.

5. Hard reset and flashing new ROMS. This may be the one area that really makes a difference. Just make sure that you don't load a bunch of other stuff before testing GPS so you can have some confidence in your results.

6. Anything that anyone else can think of???

Just FYI I am good using TomTom within five or ten feet at worst. How accurate do you need to be? I mean are you using this for your approach shot using a three wood or are you looking to drain a twenty footer?

Last edited by joshkeller77; 03-27-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added link