PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
I had this issue as well on no2's latest I thought I had it narrowed down to quickgps being the issue when it attempts to lock after downloading information. I have yet to see this issue on the leaked ROM without quickgps if u are using quickgps maybe uninstall and see if it fixes itself.
Another app that does it is iGo8 for me. If it doesn't get a lock it still decides it should sync your timezone :P
Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

Could someone explain why we need to add the extra viriser_gps.dll file please? I have been flashing like crazy over the past few days trying to get gps to work blah blah blah, and then I decided to flash back to this sprint leaked rom and start over persay. I realized that I don't even know what this extra file does. BTW I have tried out the gps without adding the file and it seems only able to view sats in gps viewer but no locks.

cheers
Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Entegee is a n00b

I know I mentioned this earlier and there's a lot of chatter going on, but when I look at Rev A it says "enable" which means it's disabled. I tried using "GetSPC" for the unlock code to get into edit mode but neither the HEX or DEC ESM's spit out a code that works. Any ideas????
Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started

I have a strange issue with this ROM... once the phone goes to sleep (after a minute) it won't turn back on. If I manually turn it off then it turns back on fine... I can turn off the setting so it doesn't automatically shuts off but that's annoying... anyone else having this issue?

please help...

EDIT: I think the issue was the OEM HTC Performance that I was including in the rom. not 100% sure but it is working now that I have removed it.

Last edited by yaco; 05-13-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

i cant use the kitchen all the sudden. it says 000 kitchen shareware.rar is not rar archive ( or someothing really close, the onscreen message went away quicky) i triend to uninstall and install again but same thing, what can i do? it will not let me continue with the build!

Last edited by Brock1909; 05-12-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell

earthdan is just getting started

as for the standby problem, try opening up the camera and then pressing the power button. I had this same problem and for some reason I tried doing this while the camera was on. I think it may have fixed it but its worth a shot,

.......still wondering about that viriser_gps dll if anybody has any ideas?
cheers
Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

mush2699 is becoming a great contributor

getspc worked for me you must unzip to device then run. Also tied to change enable to disable made my speed go from 776 to 250 kinda confusing why it says enalbe when displaying disable apparently means no rev a they must be mising the "d" at he end making it enabled and disabled.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Lurker

phylo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
GPSToday maybe going online to get the street names?
I have turned it off so that probably isnt it...

Phil
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdan View Post
Could someone explain why we need to add the extra viriser_gps.dll file please? I have been flashing like crazy over the past few days trying to get gps to work blah blah blah, and then I decided to flash back to this sprint leaked rom and start over persay. I realized that I don't even know what this extra file does. BTW I have tried out the gps without adding the file and it seems only able to view sats in gps viewer but no locks.

cheers
You don't actually need that file. When the original post was made, they mentioned that the file was missing, so we took it out of another set of drivers. Others have noticed that GPS works just as good without that file.

GPS should work out of the box with the leaked Sprint ROM without any changes. Make sure your Location Settings is On, then double check your GPS settings (ports, baud rate).

What GPS app are you using? Mine works good outside but not too great inside (unless its a warm boot).
Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylo View Post
I have turned it off so that probably isnt it...

Phil
Your internet connection shouldn't remain active. You might get the arrows, then they should grey out showing an idle connection.

Since GPS checks for aGPS, it contacts a server (the IP address in the registry), so it'll connect to the internet everytime you use GPS, but that connection should go idle.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development