PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
Same reason it does it with the stock ROM. Activesync.

Use dotFred taskmanager to remove the notification/scheduled task which runs repllog.exe every time the time syncs with the network. You can also try setting activesync's schedule to manual.
I think it's a good idea to get rid of this too, but it won't suck your battery down that much if at all.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Your internet connection shouldn't remain active. You might get the arrows, then they should grey out showing an idle connection.

Since GPS checks for aGPS, it contacts a server (the IP address in the registry), so it'll connect to the internet everytime you use GPS, but that connection should go idle.
As far as I can tell the GPS/aGPS does not make a "normal" data connection.

Some apps do like google maps for updated maps but not the gps itself.

You'd think it would but it never has. I think it does it's thing through the voice radio.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Just a word of caution....I ran PPST & lost my radio....it may be unique to my setup......

PPST runs during customization, so why run it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaldp View Post
Load Sprint 3.02 and then Run Customisation and then Reboot and run PPST.exe located in

\Windows Folder its a Hidden file so load it that way
Old 05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
Just a word of caution....I ran PPST & lost my radio....it may be unique to my setup......

But admittedly, you didn't run the complete flash either, but rather extracted the nbh and customized prior to?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work

Ok, I'm trying to covert a CAB into an OEM for baking into the Kitchen. I downloaded BuildOS yesterday. I have the CAB file extracted, with the .rgu, .dsm, and option.xml files created by Ervius Package Creator.

I copied that directory into \USER_OEM\[my_package] alongside Additional Ringtones, Additional Themes, Additional Sounds. I then restarted the Kitchen (also tried a file->refresh), but I can't seem to make my package show up.

Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You are missing the option.xml file for you OEM.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You are missing the option.xml file for you OEM.
I have an option.xml file. Here's the output from it:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="yes"?>
<Items>
  <Item name="SyncML Pro" group="Customization" checked="True">
    <Tip>Synthesis SyncML Pro Client</Tip>
    <Guid type="p">3de78457-fb7d-488e-a8df-e31bc3a44648</Guid>
    <OEMDate>05/13/2007</OEMDate>
    <OEMVersion>1.0</OEMVersion>
    <OEMAuthor>mwheeler1982</OEMAuthor>
    <ButtonType>Check</ButtonType>
  </Item>
</Items>
EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. I had path too long errors, so I copied BuildOS out of Program Files into C:\ , but didn't realize that it was hard-coded to look in c:\program files\buildos for my USER_OEM directory.

Last edited by mwheeler1982; 05-13-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:43 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

... observation recanted ...

Last edited by boggsie; 05-13-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: I'm blind ...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post

Same thing I said, except I just went and did it to see why.

It looks like the customizations update/patch something in the PPST.EXE while it's running and then finishes, but doesn't rerun it after it is patched.

So I went ahead and ran it, it updated my PRI from 1.03_003 to 2.03_003.

-CC
Old 05-13-2008, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by faberfaber View Post
no, no, not the new roms.... the two stock Sprint roms.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...ntTouchRom.exe

and

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...NV133_Ship.exe

both give errors when running the .exe as corrupted. Same corruption if unrar is used.

-f
Totally off-topic tho..

I would source the files elsewhere as it seems the files of the FTP site are corrupt. I have tried recently with some other files that were good and are corrupt as well.

-CC
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development