View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdan View Post
Could someone explain why we need to add the extra viriser_gps.dll file please? I have been flashing like crazy over the past few days trying to get gps to work blah blah blah, and then I decided to flash back to this sprint leaked rom and start over persay. I realized that I don't even know what this extra file does. BTW I have tried out the gps without adding the file and it seems only able to view sats in gps viewer but no locks.

cheers
You don't actually need that file. When the original post was made, they mentioned that the file was missing, so we took it out of another set of drivers. Others have noticed that GPS works just as good without that file.

GPS should work out of the box with the leaked Sprint ROM without any changes. Make sure your Location Settings is On, then double check your GPS settings (ports, baud rate).

What GPS app are you using? Mine works good outside but not too great inside (unless its a warm boot).