PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

I had the assist working nicely on the Altell ROM (With new DLL's and Reg Edit's) but can't get assist to work with the Leaked ROM. I get SATs fine but it's a bit slow without assist.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
I have the gps on the titan and also have been using gps for years I have multiple bluetooth gps recievers and cabled my titan works just as good as the bluetooth recievers and because its intergrated into the phone I have access to gps any time I need it so to me its better then bluetooth recievers. However the touch is a different story I have left it running for over 20 minutes next to window and in car and cannot get a lock it finds many sats but locks onto zero I do not understand why some get it to work this makes no sense something is different between the rom images or settings reg edit etc. Has anyone got it working with the sprint leaked rom not the kitchen
For the most part I'm seeing the same results on every ROM I've tried. I'm using the leaked ROM now (not the kitchen) and it'll usually take 5+ minutes to get a lock from a cold start...regardless of being indoors or out.

It'll usually start seeing sats within a minute but it seems to have a hard time getting a lock that fast.

Hopefully it'll get better when the official ROM comes out. I really hope the GPS unit in this phone isn't that weak. I do have a BT GPS puck, but I prefer having an all-in-one option.

I've tried HTC's QuickGPS and it doesn't seem to help get a lock any faster.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

I have also tried the quickgps it never worked for me either and the official release for titan the gps worked fine so I never needed it. It should have the same gps as the the titan so it should work well when we get an official release
Old 05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700==>>6800==>>Touc==>>Now I'm a PRO

boxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuffboxer112 knows their stuff

How come when i use
RUU_Vogue_4350_PPST_SpeciallNBH_SPRINT_WWE_3.02.65 1.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15_AM_NV_SPCS_1.33_0823_Test .exe

I could flash, but when i try to use somebody else rom like omj.
it won't let me. it won't even let me use the unlocker 2.31. When i press enter nothing happens.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

boxer112 you have to unlock with the 2.31 first to use custom roms if that does not complete then you cannot use custom rom

Last edited by j10376; 05-11-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ludester is becoming a great contributor

guys try using the latest google maps (download from the web) it seems to lock on pretty quick....especially with the latest sprint update on my bell touch.

And I'm inside my house, outside it should be even quicker.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

morpheus6d9 is a n00b

i used the sprint navigator pretty cool app gps lock on was pretty fast outside inside my house it took a while i wonder if there is a way to increase the power to the gps
Old 05-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Power settings don't work

I'm running a ROM created with the kitchen -- added somethings, but not too much over the basic. Everything seems to be fine except that the power settings don't work right. I prefer to (when on battery power) have my backlight turn off, but have power to stay on (and I turn it off manually or via S2U2 when I want). I find that even with power set not to turn off at all, it still goes off at some point (if backlight is set to go off in any amount less than 4 minutes, it seems the power turns off at 4 minutes; if backlight is set to go off in 5 minutes, then it turns off in 5 minutes).

EDIT: I see the device turned off on external power too (external power setting is not to turn off at all).

Any thoughts how to cure this? Thanks.

Last edited by CMeys; 05-12-2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: More information
Old 05-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

n_w_a_31 is a n00b

Just had my contacts dissapear running the oem leaked rom... Also, bluetooth quit working.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

smellEdawg is just getting started

Re: Audio Manager plugin in cube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgphat25 View Post
Just curious, how did you get that to work I tried and I still can't do it properly I'm using the Kitchen ROM with the Original Blue cube. I assigned the button to go to Audio Manager, but when I press it it just pops up a message saying "The file 'Audio Manager' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found..."
The path I used was:

HKLM_\Software\HTC\Biotouch\MediaHubMini\App1_1

Path:
\windows\AudioManager.exe

The version of HTC AudioManager I am using is 1.02.919713. It might be kind of an older version, but I am not sure.

I had this working with a kitchen ROM too.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development