View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
I have the gps on the titan and also have been using gps for years I have multiple bluetooth gps recievers and cabled my titan works just as good as the bluetooth recievers and because its intergrated into the phone I have access to gps any time I need it so to me its better then bluetooth recievers. However the touch is a different story I have left it running for over 20 minutes next to window and in car and cannot get a lock it finds many sats but locks onto zero I do not understand why some get it to work this makes no sense something is different between the rom images or settings reg edit etc. Has anyone got it working with the sprint leaked rom not the kitchen
For the most part I'm seeing the same results on every ROM I've tried. I'm using the leaked ROM now (not the kitchen) and it'll usually take 5+ minutes to get a lock from a cold start...regardless of being indoors or out.

It'll usually start seeing sats within a minute but it seems to have a hard time getting a lock that fast.

Hopefully it'll get better when the official ROM comes out. I really hope the GPS unit in this phone isn't that weak. I do have a BT GPS puck, but I prefer having an all-in-one option.

I've tried HTC's QuickGPS and it doesn't seem to help get a lock any faster.