PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 AM
N00b

savy1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to savy1
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

Ok , I installed the Stock Sprint 3.02 rom/gps, and it has been running sweet all day. The GPS locks on really quick, and you can get tomtom to lock on if you open google maps first to get a solid lock on a location. This is great. The RevA also is decent to, load times seem a bit faster, based off of me loading my usual pages while at work.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

faberfaber is a n00b

I installed this rom and immediately tried to run my SBP Backup .exe from the card and it gives the error:

The file Backup_20080402 cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

I need all my apps and PIM info back for work tomorrow morning (yes Sunday was a bad night to tinker with roms). Is there any easy way around this so i can get this .exe to run?

Before the upgrades I was running the Sprint stock rom.

I tried installing SBP Backup and doing a new test backup. When I run the test backup it restores fine, but for some reason the old backup with everything I need will not run.

I really don't want to have to flash back the stock rom and start over again.

-f
Old 05-12-2008, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

batcatman is just getting started

has anyone tried the Live Media+GPS application available at xda? It is by far the coolest use of gps, u can stream live video while driving, and also have it tracked on a map. anybdy from a remote location can access it. give it a shot!!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i can confirm theres an issue with messaging not starting up when pressed after a sleep, or something.. cant figure it out, i have to reset to get it working again.

calculator takes a while to open up (this is with nothing selected in the calculator section of the kitchen). It works but takes some seconds to startup, not very fast like a stock rom..

i can also confirm the security certificate issues with some apps as well.. one app i tried to install gave me that error, but i reset and retried and it worked.. weird.. theres an issue here apparently, regardless.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH VOGU100

Turboz22l is becoming a great contributor

Ok so I have now probably cooked up about 9 diff kitchens spent about 12 hours today browsing forums for reg tweaks and trying to figure things out everything is running GREAT!!! Gps locks are quick internet sharing is faster then ever.....

BUT NOW I cant active sync.. the computer sees my device no problem I can flash i can use internet sharing but I cant use active sync.

Please advice

oh and check out my new speeds....

Old 05-12-2008, 01:29 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm using radio 3.35.04, PRL 60711 ROM 3.02 - I'm not getting any GPS lock. I can go into GPS viewer and it looks like there is some activity when I open com 4 but it rarely locks and when it does it takes a few minutes. I can't get any location in google or livesearch. I've tested on the west and east coast (couldn't get it to lock there -tried about 6 times).

Last edited by boe; 05-12-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:30 AM
N00b

savy1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to savy1

u try going to start>setting>usb to pc, and uncheck the box, then try and use AS. to sync
Old 05-12-2008, 01:31 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j10376 View Post
I have radio 3.37.15 I installed the leaked rom first before unlocking phone location is on. I also have a titan have had it since day one of release used the test rom for titan when released I am very familar with how the gps workes. The gps does not work on the touch I am using gpsviewer, sprint nav tomtom and gpstuner to test it finds satalites but will not lock onto no matter how long I leave gps running. I have tried reading all post related to gps have not found anything except other people having same issues. I am running the 302 kitchen and still same results. Is there a reg edit a file or etc that i am missing because it does not work. Then again people are reporting issues with titan slow lock time not locking and I do not have any of these issues it works flawless with kitchen and official roms.
I have the same issue with radio 3.35.04 I had the GPS working a while back but then it stopped so I've tried several mods and it still isn't working any more so I tried this rom and not much luck either. I've only gotten it to work once so far and it took several minutes to lock (PS I have rebooted my phone many times)

Last edited by boe; 05-12-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

faberfaber is a n00b

So now I've tried to re-flash both of the two stock extractions of the sprint roms. Both download corrupt and wont execute at all. Can someone please provide a link to a _working_ copy of the original stock ROM so I can get my phone working again. Thanks!

-f
Old 05-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

i wonder why the test rom didnt include region selection during "setup"
we have to manually go into clock settings to change this after setup... then syncronize time ourselves.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development