PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: Vogue GPS 3.02 Kitchen (w/ NEW Sprint Leaked ROM)

and for obvious reasons i cant use my TEP lol
Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
i am having the same issue getting a lock with GPS. i left the phone on with google maps under use GPS with location settings on using both the leaked rom and multiple combinations of Radios and Roms and i have not been able to get a lock even after waiting 5 minutes+ i tried using several other programs and still nothing.
its google maps use something else
Old 05-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Entegee is a n00b

Awesome ROM, GPS works great. Used Gmaps to route directions then enabled tracking, perfect. DL'ing the TomTom stuff now. Thank you!!

Not sure if this helps some of the peeps with GPS issues, but I used GPS Viewer, set to COM4, set to 4800, hit Open GPS, then hit Cold Start..........waited over 10 minutes outside and it finally locked.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Thanks so much. I've flashed ROMS before (many times when I had a PPC6700 before my Touch), but had never used a kitchen before -- this made it so easy. I did find that I had problems with a number of the today screen plugins and programs that I had selected from assorted sources -- many only worked right after I reinstalled them myself. But this is great. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:53 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
yes i upgraded the radio to V 3.37.15 but still no GPS even outside on a sunny day after 5 minutes
Try this registry setting
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS]
GPSMode"=dword:0x4

It has sped my lockin time after coldreset to under a minute. Absolutely phenomenal. Im on leaked Radio/ROM btw
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

I have radio 3.37.15 I installed the leaked rom first before unlocking phone location is on. I also have a titan have had it since day one of release used the test rom for titan when released I am very familar with how the gps workes. The gps does not work on the touch I am using gpsviewer, sprint nav tomtom and gpstuner to test it finds satalites but will not lock onto no matter how long I leave gps running. I have tried reading all post related to gps have not found anything except other people having same issues. I am running the 302 kitchen and still same results. Is there a reg edit a file or etc that i am missing because it does not work. Then again people are reporting issues with titan slow lock time not locking and I do not have any of these issues it works flawless with kitchen and official roms.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Well what happened with all these new things that come with the ROM? I don't have any of the OEM things listed, but I did get 6.1, i can't even get GPS to work right...
Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm having an issue with the phone not waking upon receipt of text messages... it's intermittent but troublesome nonetheless.

Anyone else?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

gps works for me, but takes well over 4-5 minutes to lock onto about 4-5 sats indoors

like everyone else has said, if you want gps performance use a BT gps.
i still consider this builtin gps a novelty more than anything, if im doing serious driving im going to use my holux
Old 05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

I have the gps on the titan and also have been using gps for years I have multiple bluetooth gps recievers and cabled my titan works just as good as the bluetooth recievers and because its intergrated into the phone I have access to gps any time I need it so to me its better then bluetooth recievers. However the touch is a different story I have left it running for over 20 minutes next to window and in car and cannot get a lock it finds many sats but locks onto zero I do not understand why some get it to work this makes no sense something is different between the rom images or settings reg edit etc. Has anyone got it working with the sprint leaked rom not the kitchen

Last edited by j10376; 05-11-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development