PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 9/14/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
plus the OEM has some junk in it...yahoo2go? installs under programs.
That is something I use all the time. I'll take it out, the link is transfered in one of my other OEM's. It's only 4 files though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
it works well BUT i did find a little problem...when you go to the programs tab and than on the left soft key it has a all programs button and when you click it its supposed to give you a complete list of all your programs in a spb menu type fashion..but when you click on it its a dead link....i know it worked on the manilla 2d original cab...another thing i cant get the pictures on the 2d tab to view pictures on my storage card..im not sure if this worked on the original cab..

Hmmm...it works for me just fine. I'll test some more.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Tested, not sure what all is "included" but I made the most logical kitchen selections ( 20273 )

Opera splash screen shows but doesnt finish loading, all other functions are OK that I could test. Had to re-flash to add commmanager, camera and a couple other things but in the end had a working m2d rom.

Not sure if these were included or not, but large titalbar/volume control I still can't get working, not even if i use cabs.

I agree with savior tho, there does seem to be some extra stuff in there that could be taken out. Is that a full Opera install in there or did you just include the exe file to make the links work? The googlemaps.exe can be taken out and just put an entry into initflashfiles, then any googlemaps OEm can be included, and the link will still be created if nessesary. Didnt have an issue with the "all programs" link... but i have folderview.exe being included from something.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:58 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 9/22/08

Removed yahoo2go (check post #2), I've added my version #'s to the name. I'll look into commanager, camera is in my stock rom so you'll have to add it, and opera...you have to give it a minute and hit it twice I think, but mine works. I don't use opera though...

I knew it wouldn't be that easy... I only have to be perfect for the day job, here I'm counting on ppcgeeker's for feedback like this to keep me inline!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell

EtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good workEtrnlWolf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to EtrnlWolf

Quote:
another thing i cant get the pictures on the 2d tab to view pictures on my storage card..im not sure if this worked on the original cab..
If you hit "Album" then "Album", "All", then "Menu", "Favorite" and exit back out to m2d does it show the pics?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: Sprint

evilvoice is just getting started

I have tested the new Manila 2D Beta 0.08 and I must say that everything is working for me. YouTube was removed but that cab file is included, with the new patch cab, that is included in the needed files, YouTube does work. I installed almost everything in the needed files folder, the only thing I had a problem with is the volume control. Comm Manager needs a registry update to remove Wifi and add whatever (I chose Internet Sharing). I installed all these using SASHIMI. I am unsure if they would ALL work as OEMS, as I tried that with 0.07. Google Maps didnt work in the old, but worked fine installed with SASHIMI with 0.08. I could give the full list of cabs and the order I installed them, and even though the instructions ask for a soft reset or a restart, I didnt do that and everything is perfect.

A list of some fixes
YouTube works now (with ravens patch)
Google Maps works with installing the cab file
All Programs works
The Photo tab shows all photos now (even on storage card)
Music works fine (course it did in the old one too)
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rmarshll is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Here is a fix:

OEM_BJK_HTC_EzInput_QVGA_EN_FR_DE_IT_ES........Keyboard
Thanks so much for making the OEM.. I tried to use the link and I cant get the File.. just shows page cannot be displayed.. can you give me another link to the oem.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 10:48 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

go one page back, and look at post number 787, it is an OEM file, and it works.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

I reloaded my laptop and had restored a faulty kitchen. I think I had a different xip and just copied in the sys and oem dirs....not good. Now I've got it fingered out, I'll check it out and upload it again...
Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rmarshll is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
go one page back, and look at post number 787, it is an OEM file, and it works.

I seen that oem.. the one main reason that I wanted the original Cab File made into a OEM is because when installing from the cab the eT9mywords works perfectly .. you can add and remove words from the database.. but with the OEM from post 787 the eT9mywords does not add the words ..
Old 09-24-2008, 12:10 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarshll View Post
I seen that oem.. the one main reason that I wanted the original Cab File made into a OEM is because when installing from the cab the eT9mywords works perfectly .. you can add and remove words from the database.. but with the OEM from post 787 the eT9mywords does not add the words ..
I'll see about a franken OEM or something. I got the OEM to work, but the full qwerty keyboard didn't show the kbd layout, and another two didn't seem...when you hit the "j" it would register an "r". The xt9 editor worked perfectly though...I'll revisit it later in the week...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development