PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 9/14/08

can anyone help me...im making OEMS with the OEMIZER and it works great for some programs..BUT it doesnt work when the programs has files with the same names in different subfolders within its program file..like for example there could be multiple skin.bmp files in differnt folders within the oem...so when i create the oem with the appropiate directories i get an error and oemizer quits..any ideas? do i have to chnage the reg edits? or do i need a pvxml? anybody know?! please help

Old 09-20-2008, 05:18 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
can anyone help me...im making OEMS with the OEMIZER and it works great for some programs..BUT it doesnt work when the programs has files with the same names in different subfolders within its program file..like for example there could be multiple skin.bmp files in differnt folders within the oem...so when i create the oem with the appropiate directories i get an error and oemizer quits..any ideas? do i have to chnage the reg edits? or do i need a pvxml? anybody know?! please help
I have found that oemizer is fine for most cabs, or simple cabs, but for what you are explaining, Post #4 in this thread has a link to Ervius's Package Creator and a tutorial on how to use it. It handles duplicates just fine and is what I use.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:11 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarshll View Post
anychance someone can turn this to a OEM For me.

Thanks
Now let's see if I can get caught up...

OEM_BJK_HTC_EzInput_QVGA_EN_FR_DE_IT_ES........Keyboard
Old 09-21-2008, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue

evilvoice is just getting started

The EzInput OEM wont work because of this line
Quote:
" C u s t o m C l a s s N a m e s " 0 x 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 J B E D _ T E X T F I E L D
Itll stop when importing the registry. I tried to make an OEM of it, only english, but it didnt work for me, so I am searching to see if the person who cabbed it made an OEM. I just removd the line, because I dont think it is needed. I guess I could try it without removing the other languages as something I removed made it not work...Also, there are a few duplicate files in OEMAPPS, DRIVERS, and in the sys dir

EDIT: Also, there seems to be a few missing REG entries, because of that, I used OEMizer and it got all the Reg entries.

Last edited by evilvoice; 09-21-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:39 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post

Itll stop when importing the registry. I tried to make an OEM of it, only english, but it didnt work for me, so I am searching to see if the person who cabbed it made an OEM. I just removd the line, because I dont think it is needed. I guess I could try it without removing the other languages as something I removed made it not work...Also, there are a few duplicate files in OEMAPPS, DRIVERS, and in the sys dir

EDIT: Also, there seems to be a few missing REG entries, because of that, I used OEMizer and it got all the Reg entries.
Replace that line with the following:
"CustomClassNames"="JBED_TEXTFIELD"

And all 291 registry entries are present and accounted for from the .cab according to my brief calculations, the oemizer adds extra stuff for the kitchens purpose. I'll upload a fix in the morning.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:57 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

OEM_RescoKeyboard_p_v5.11_ARM..............Resco Keyboard v5.11

Be sure to test and report back!
Old 09-21-2008, 02:08 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post

Here is a fix:

OEM_BJK_HTC_EzInput_QVGA_EN_FR_DE_IT_ES........Keyboard
Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue

evilvoice is just getting started

Line 54 of the RGU is still the same in the fix...dunno if the link is pointing to the right file, just thought I would bring it up. Thanks man.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

jiltedcitizen is a n00b

call me an idiot but how do I use these in BuildOS? Edit the selections txt files?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiltedcitizen View Post
call me an idiot but how do I use these in BuildOS? Edit the selections txt files?
just drop them into USER_OEM.. C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\USER_OEM
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development