PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 06:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: Sprint

evilvoice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom OEM Requests ...Get them here! Updated: 8/28/08

On another note, I notice that in a lot of the OEMs there are a couple of files with extensions cereg that when looked at through a text editor is basically the same thing as whats in the rgu...are these files needed? And are you using a different OEM creator?

Also, Seven Mobile Email: I know Sprint has teamed with Seven again to release Sprint Mobile Email Work. Is there a way to get this package for our phones or does the current OEM do this? A friend of mine cant get his work email through the current setup, but he could when he had an Instinct...his work claims that it only works on Blackberry devices...so I dont know, but it is an exchange server.

Edit: Can you also make an OEM for sipchange, I tried using the one from the ppcgeeks oem, but it doesnt load.

Last edited by evilvoice; 09-04-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
On another note, I notice that in a lot of the OEMs there are a couple of files with extensions cereg that when looked at through a text editor is basically the same thing as whats in the rgu...are these files needed? And are you using a different OEM creator?
Those are files that are left in and can be deleted. Same OEM Creator, just taking the OEM process one step further. This is needed for some of the more difficult OEM's, I suppose it's just a practice I've learned and now apply it to most all my OEM's now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvoice View Post
Also, Seven Mobile Email: I know Sprint has teamed with Seven again to release Sprint Mobile Email Work. Is there a way to get this package for our phones or does the current OEM do this? A friend of mine cant get his work email through the current setup, but he could when he had an Instinct...his work claims that it only works on Blackberry devices...so I dont know, but it is an exchange server.

Edit: Can you also make an OEM for sipchange, I tried using the one from the ppcgeeks oem, but it doesnt load.
Sprint will be discontinuing sprint mail at the end of this year. If you come up with a .cab of the new program, post a link and I'll try to OEM it.

And the functionalities of sipchange are built into wm6.1. You just need to set the defauilt keyboard in your rom.

Speaking of keyboards, here is a replacement Diamond Keyboard by gullum at xda's. The one I had posted previously, you couldn't see the letters on the qwerty keyboard, and this one seems a little zippier. So I thought I would share, the keys can be customized with photoshop, enjoy all! If you photoshop it, SHARE!

OEM_Diamond_Keyboard_gullum................Diamond Skinned Keyboards (keyboard, keypad, qwerty) w/english layout

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-04-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

fyyzer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post

I'm going to take a couple days off from making OEM's so I can pursue a little provxml challenge
A couple days off?.... I'd say that was hours at best. You just can't stay away can you?

Good thing for us, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyyzer View Post
A couple days off?.... I'd say that was hours at best. You just can't stay away can you?

Good thing for us, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
This is fun, addictive, and so many things to try! Yeah, I'm still thinking how best to approach it, but I think I've found a higher priority... They should come out sunday....

...How about a set of 4 fully functional kitchens... Each one based from the stock rom... For the following carriers: Bell, Alltell, Verizon, and Sprint Roms with all the popular components? With full support from me! All you have to do is read a tutorial or two, add what you want from all the popular applications and FLASH!!!

I'm thinking of the following components:
1. Kitchen...done.
2. Carrier Rom as base...done.
3. Carrier specific OEM's to fix/override issues in the stock rom and support add-ins.
4. Other OEM files to add in...done.

That way all I have to worry about is a couple carrier OEM's...Time for a new poll to see if there is interest...
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

WinRar 3.8 Beta1

- Now "Settings" dialog uses the full screen mode. In previous Pocket RAR versions this dialog could exceed dimensions of PDA display when working in Windows Mobile 5 and 640x480 screen resolution.
- Pocket RAR asks for password only once when opening RAR archive with encrypted file names. Previous versions asked for password every time when changing a current folder inside of such archive.

Last edited by conflipper; 10-29-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue

evilvoice is just getting started

hmm, is it for certain that the Sprint Mobile Email application is dying? I find it hard to believe since they worked with Seven for the Work version for Instinct and have a roadmap for releasing it for other nonpda phones. Now, I do believe that sprint mail will be discontinued, but I think that is your personal Sprint email account...such as name@sprintpcs.com and not the application from Seven/Sprint. The Sprint Mobile Email Work is as I said only released for nonpda phones, but I figured since Seven was behind it, then there should be a cab floating around somewhere
Old 09-04-2008, 07:09 PM
N00b

fyyzer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
...How about a set of 4 fully functional kitchens... Each one based from the stock rom... For the following carriers: Bell, Alltell, Verizon, and Sprint Roms with all the popular components? With full support from me! All you have to do is read a tutorial or two, add what you want from all the popular applications and FLASH!!!
Not sure I fully understand your kitchen idea as I'm happy downloading the specific OEM's I want (I think I'm using about 8 of yours) and cooking them into the various kitchens. Easy enough for me to drop 'em on the BuildDSM.exe file to put them into the BuildOS app.

But perhaps I didn't understand.....(likely actually)
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM
N00b

fyyzer is a n00b

I'd like to burn Storyr's excellent Weatherpanel theme, PhatPhingerII and associated icons, into a ROM but I'm not sure how Weatherpanel would handle this. WeatherPanel is very old and has been patched together to work over the years. Typically it stores themes in the Program Files/Marsware/Themes folder but it can also access it via a storage card location of Storage Card/WeatherPanel/Themes.

The theme files and icons can be found here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9606

I don't want to waste your time for a "one off" but at first glance does this look like something you could achieve? I haven't tried creating my own OEM's yet but probably could fumble my way through it.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyyzer View Post
I'd like to burn Storyr's excellent Weatherpanel theme, PhatPhingerII and associated icons, into a ROM but I'm not sure how Weatherpanel would handle this. WeatherPanel is very old and has been patched together to work over the years. Typically it stores themes in the Program Files/Marsware/Themes folder but it can also access it via a storage card location of Storage Card/WeatherPanel/Themes.

The theme files and icons can be found here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9606

I don't want to waste your time for a "one off" but at first glance does this look like something you could achieve? I haven't tried creating my own OEM's yet but probably could fumble my way through it.
The secret to doing these themes? You gotta use all the tools. And for some reason when you OEM a skin, it never seems to get put into the right directory...This will set you on the path while I do my other project...I did a massive skin for fredcatsmommy, once I fingered out the info below, it took me no time.

What I did was:
1. used ervius's to break up the .cab file into files.
2. Installed the .cab file.
3. The I opened up file explorer to my device.
4. Skins for weather panel install into a couple different directories. I used OEMizer and copied the files out of the OEM I made for WP root. Then you select those files and edit the directory. Then do the same for the others. (The trick is to have OEMizer create the initflashfiles.txt for you)
5. Create the OEM with OEMizer.
6. Copy the OEMizer initflashfiles.txt into the first OEM you made.

Then clean it up!

That's the labor saving part. If you have any troubles, let me know!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 09-04-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 PM
N00b

fyyzer is a n00b

Thanks!!! Looks like I've got a project for the weekend.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development