PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[THEME] PhatPhinger I, II & III - a "stylus-free" QVGA theme

Introducing the ULTIMATE QVGA WeatherPanel theme:

A "stylus-free" theme for all QVGA devices - 240x320 and 240x240 (square screens).

-

Features:
  • Large "thumb-able" buttons for one-handed access to all features
  • Supports both rectangle (240x320) and square (240x240) screens
  • Easy access to detailed weather forecasts, images and charts
  • Multiple layout sizes, from short (48 pixels) to tall (220 pixels)
  • Transparent - works well with any Today theme
  • MASSIVE icons (courtesy of Yahoo) make a serious weather statement
  • Layouts to fit SPB Mobile Shell and SBSH PocketBreeze w/side tabs
  • All layouts and screens have been built from the "ground up" for maximum accessibility, usability and readability
  • CAB files included for easy installation to your storage card

Included Layouts:
  • Phat(240x240)+48.wpl
  • Phat(240x240)+66
  • Phat(240x240)+124 (I & II only)
  • Phat(240x240)+127 (I & II only)
  • Phat(240x240)+130
  • Phat(240x240)+145
  • Phat(240x240)+145+PBst (for PocketBreeze w/side tabs)
  • Phat(240x320)+48
  • Phat(240x320)+66
  • Phat(240x240)+116 (III only)
  • Phat(240x320)+130
  • Phat(240x320)+145
  • Phat(240x320)+200
  • Phat(240x320)+200+PBst (for PocketBreeze w/side tabs)
  • Phat(240x320)+220
  • Phat(240x320)+220+PBst (for PocketBreeze w/side tabs)
Installation instructions can be found in the PhatPhinger QVGA Readme file (found inside the zip files).

Note 1: The PhatPhinger I theme MUST be used with the PhatPhinger QVGA Icon set. It won't not work correctly with other icon sets. The PhatPhinger icons are basically just the Yahoo icon set - with Huge and Huger icons added in. PhatPhinger II and III will work with other standard weather icons, provided they contain HUGE icons ( 128x128 ). I've provided a bunch HERE.

Note 2: Regarding images - WeatherPanel, when programmed to display a specific radar image (1-8, in this case) does not show the zoom/play buttons by default. Just place your phat phinger on the image and hold for a second and they'll show up...

Attachments:
  • PhatPhinger I QVGA Theme.zip - Original theme files, install instructions included (requires PhatPhinger Icons)
  • PhatPhinger II QVGA Theme.zip - Theme files, install instructions included. Works with any standard icon set.
  • PhatPhinger III QVGA Theme.zip - Theme files, install instructions included. HTC Touch style graphics.
  • PhatPhinger QVGA Icons.zip - Icon files, install instructions included
  • PhatPhinger QVGA Icons.cab.zip - CAB install for Icon files - for installing to your storage card
Enjoy!

Update 10/9/07: Added 2 new layout sizes (custom tweaks), Phat(240x240)+124 Phat(240x240)+127
Update 10/21/07: Added two new PhatPhinger themes - PhatPhinger II and PhatPhinger III. See the 2nd post of this thread for more information. (Note: The original PhatPhinger is now called PhatPhinger I)
Update 10/28/07: Added new layout size to PhatPhinger III: Phat(240x240)+116 / Phat(240x320)+116

For other WeatherPanel stuff, including the program install files, try this index

Last edited by storyr; 12-08-2008 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 50 times.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
UPDATE 10/21/2007: Added two new PhatPhinger themes:

PhatPhinger II QVGA
  • PhatPhinger II has reformatted layouts to work with any "normal" weather icon set (other than Yahoo). PhatPhinger II does have one requirement: There must be HUGE icons in the set ( 128x128 ). All of the icons seen below can be found here.

PhatPhinger III QVGA
  • PhatPhinger III has an "HTC Touch" style - thanks to member poorlyduck, who provided the graphics. It also will work with any icon set, provided there are HUGE icons in the set ( 128x128 ).

-

Last edited by storyr; 09-16-2008 at 09:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

More...

on various backgrounds

in SPB Mobile Shell

in PocketBreeze with side tabs
-
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

ls6tt is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ls6tt
awesome job once again
Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

urboypab is a n00b
Question

I just got my mogul n I want to add new stuff...but how do I download this program
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urboypab View Post
I just got my mogul n I want to add new stuff...but how do I download this program
You can download WeatherPanel here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Added a CAB install for the icons to the downloads (on the first post) - for easy installtion the storage card (they're big)...
Old 10-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

saltytostitos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to saltytostitos
lovin' it! It's exactly what I've needed for WP.
sean
Installed Apps: SPB Pocket Plus/Backup/Phone Suite, PocketWeather, Codypcc Threaded SMS, Google Maps, Live Search, Arcsoft MMS, Pocket e-Sword, jcandela, CooTek TouchPal KB, Sirius WM5, Conduits Pocket Player, sipchange, Resco Explorer, GetSPC, PointUI Home (testing)
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
You never cease to amaze me Storyr! Excellent work as always. Take the rest of the week off!

late,
Coz
Old 10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
Hot! Hot! Hot! ... Thank You!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes