PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 01:26 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow... just wow!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wow, just caught this!

I'm loving the icons and the whole theme...I think you out-did Son-of-commuter! Hot damn...
Old 10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Can you dig it????

Love the 70s funk vibe and the amazing layouts! You are amazing my kind sir!

Thanks again!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6tt View Post
awesome job once again
Thanks! Probably my last...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltytostitos View Post
lovin' it! It's exactly what I've needed for WP.
sean
My sentiments exactly - I build 'em to use 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
You never cease to amaze me Storyr! Excellent work as always. Take the rest of the week off!

late,
Coz
I may take the rest of "forever" off. I can't think of what more I can do, besides tweaks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqdymun View Post
Hot! Hot! Hot! ... Thank You!
Hope you enjoy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Wow... just wow!
The question is - will you use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Wow, just caught this!

I'm loving the icons and the whole theme...I think you out-did Son-of-commuter! Hot damn...
Thanks Mal. I appreciate that, not to mention all the help you've given me in the past. I think I've finally achieved (to me anyway) the perfect WeatherPanel theme. And a bonus: With this theme, WP-Pilot becomes a moot point. I think it operates better with the thumb...
Old 10-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Nic
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Nic is a n00b
Hey storyr. Great job. Impressed again. What file in this theme do i need to extract , drop into notepad ,and change to to make the text color black? Its been a little while since i modified one of your themes, but in commuter 240 I believe that it was the darkcamlayout file that i changed the color codes in. I appreciate it.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Can you dig it????

Love the 70s funk vibe and the amazing layouts! You are amazing my kind sir!

Thanks again!
Thanks jamesus - I hadn't thought of the 70's thing, but now that you mention it...
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
Hey storyr. Great job. Impressed again. What file in this theme do i need to extract , drop into notepad ,and change to to make the text color black? Its been a little while since i modified one of your themes, but in commuter 240 I believe that it was the darkcamlayout file that i changed the color codes in. I appreciate it.
If you haven't tried the layouts yet, they do have a black "glow" behind the white text - which works well on light backgrounds (even white):

To answer your question about editing the layouts:

It depends on which layout you're using. Let's say you like Phat(240x240)+145.wpl. Each layout file has one or more companion files. In this case, the companion file is Phat(240x240)+145-Dash.wpx. You would need to edit both of these files.

To change the text to black, change all occurrences of:
NORMAL GLOW-32-32-32 GLOWEXPAND-1,255-255-255
to
NORMAL,0-0-0
and
BOLD GLOW-32-32-32 GLOWEXPAND-1,255-255-255
to
BOLD,0-0-0
Old 10-08-2007, 11:46 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
The question is - will you use it?
Actually, I had stopped using WP after the whole authorization update because I was lazy. Also using WP-Pilot on the Mogul was kinda hard, it crashed a couple of times (Moguls fault, trust me).

But this brings a different spin to it, this theme will probably make use WP again!

So, thank you!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:20 AM
The Enforcer

Just installed it, it is awesome!

One question though...

Any reason why I don't see the red X icon on the screentshots? Using the 240x320-66 layout.

Last edited by Pibe38; 10-09-2007 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Just installed it, it is awesome!

One question though...

Any reason why I don't see the red X icon on the screentshots? Using the 240x320-66 layout.
Thanks!

As far as the red X (close) icon - you should always see them when tapping on the "phat" icons. The only time you won't is when tapping on the actual weather icon (a WeatherPanel behavior). The image file is called phat_close.png
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes