PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Yeah you dont need to take the memo.

Its a fricking INTERNAL memo and shouldn't be used to abuse the new WEL for the TP1.

I <3 Android
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

haythammohamed1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to haythammohamed1

I NEED HELP PLEASE..i dont want this phone and i dont want to downgrade at all...can anyone help me around SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA>..PM PLEASE
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird11 View Post
am I the only person in the world whom has never had a single problem with my touch pro?
Nope. Several people in this thread have said the same thing. I'm sure there are alot of new tp2 owners who never had a problem with theirs either. On the whole though most people have had at least one replacement tp. I know I have had a few. I for one love my tp. It has been a pain in the ace to have to replaced so many times though. I hope we don't find out that it's just more of the same with the tp2. Then again I guess that would help all of us waiting for OOS replacements. My keyboard is completely dead right now but I am just going to be as patient as I can and wait it out.

The two tier 2 tech support girls I have talked to have been really nice and called me back exactly when they said they would (just to confirm still OOS) so I feel confident that they will hook it up. Then again, I keep waiting to get the 'policy changed' call at any moment as well. I would be surprised if that happens though.

BTW, if you say whats the best way to get my tp replaced with a tp2 on page 59 of this thread you should be banned...lol....read the gd thread....there's tons of info here already....success stories, fails, people stuck in limbo (like me), all the info is here.....
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by skeptikal; 10-14-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haythammohamed1 View Post
I NEED HELP PLEASE..i dont want this phone and i dont want to downgrade at all...can anyone help me around SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA>..PM PLEASE
WAIT...

Just WAIT for the stock to be replenished.

WAIT okay?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

No...seriously.... just wait.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP Deuce

DirkDiggler is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlilmikeny View Post
can you tell me what u did??? how did it go? what did they ask you? what did they do? what did u say? what was rong with ur TP?
Keyboard stopped working on the TP....walked in, told the sprint rep that the keyboard wasn't working and this was my 4th TP. He said because of how many replacements I've had, they would offer a comparable model. I asked what phones are available (acting I didn't already know about the memo), guy came back and said I can get you the TP2 which is the latest and greatest. I said, wow, that would be great, go ahead and order it. Picked it up today. Don't think they ever checked to see if the keyboard worked or not (although it didn't)...been playing around with it ever since.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

haythammohamed1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to haythammohamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
WAIT...

Just WAIT for the stock to be replenished.

WAIT okay?
wait how...this is my 4th one...and man i was treated hella wrong...it was all bad..
Old 10-14-2009, 12:35 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by haythammohamed1 View Post
Have you tried any of the ASCs in Sac? What did they tell you? If you're in the bay area, I can help you out...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kazanjig is just getting started

Anyone in the Boston area had luck?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Black06c230 is a n00b

i went through hell to get my TP replaced (3rd one with keyboard and screen issues) for TP2. long story short retentions and tech support shot me down. so i sent an email using ecare on monday afternoon. got a phone call first thing Tues morning. talked to rep and he was gonna call me back after seeing what he could do.
options were:
- drive to service center to have them look at it...not what i wanted to do as i would have to leave work early and its way out of the way and they are beyond stupid there and i had already talked to them on saturday anyway and didnt want to do anything even with the memo in hand

OR

agree to a 2 year extenstion and get the TP2 for free (half way through current one from getting first TP)...and i wouldn't have to vist the store...and i have been with sprint for 9 years with 4 lines and weren't planning on leaving.....so no store visit a plus and still got the phone for free...wish i hadn't had to do the contract but hey i got it done...and it is shipped overnight and will be NIB and here on Wed!!! plus free shipping and of course no activation

so i think i won....

but now the battle will soon start with my wife's TP as she is slowing having problems but
phone is still usable so we can wait

so some are instock...but i think only for new customer sales...i bet if you called as a new cust to telesales they would say instock

i just feel they have a diff inventory amount for replacements...be it NIB or refurb....this allows them to have phones for getting new customers...which does suck for current ones in need of a phone but does make some sense business wise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro