PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

auTONYmous is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Last week (Oct 4 I think), I took my TP in for flaky keyboard (3rd party ASC, Grand Blanc, MI). They did an advanced exchange and ordered me a refurb. I waited a few days for it to show up.

The following tues, I called to ask if my phone was in. Due to the fact that my account is a corporate, but I bought the phone myself, they were looking in their stock for my name and couldn't find it, so they told me it wasn't in yet. Next day, same thing. So, the store manager gets on to give me a "warm fuzzy" and tells me that they'll watch out for my phone to show up, but in an effort to win my business, also tells me that "the TP has the highest return rate of any Sprint Smartphone, and will soon be end-of-lifed for Advanced Exchanges". I'm like "ok"??? He says "In a couple days, I'll have the list of authorized replacements, and we can talk about your options if your new phone doesn't show up before then"... That would be the same list that has been mentioned many times already in this thread (and we all know what's on it).

Fast forward about two hours, manager calls me back. "We found your phone, we were looking for your name, but it came under the account invoice number, so you can come pick it up. Oh yeah, and if you have any more probs with it, lemme know and we'll see what's on the list for you".

So, I get my new phone, wait a couple of days, manager calls me again. "How's the new one working out?" Me: " it's okay, I guess, but the regular call speaker is kinda low compared to my old one. Takes a long time to get GPS lock. Seems like the g-sensor doesn't work either. (all BULL****, mind you....)"

Manager: "Well your options are the TP2 and the BB Tour. Which one should I order for you?" TP2 FTW!!!

Next day: "The TP2 is on backorder, we'll let you know when it shows up"

Old news, maybe, but it was pretty painless, nonetheless.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

I feel these third-Party Sprint stores are very upset because they are all losing money with this Swap. That the reason all of them are acting dumb. "Uhh You can't swap TP1 to a TP2" STFU read the fine Print! Telling everyone have that memo in your hand! Before you do go call Sprint rep and explain to them and ask them to put that on your profile...
Old 10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Cyorke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzinBucksBx View Post
For all who is having problems getting a TP2. Bring the MEMO! Once they seen the Memo no question ask they will give you a TP2.

Not necessarily. i tried the memo and the Sprint guy said he can not acknowledge the document. I took it to a 3rd party store and teh guy waqs just like it all depends on what is in the computer. THen he couldnt even get into it because I am on an employee account.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

castilloa26 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to castilloa26

im on the phone with sprint right now and they say that it is in the stores only .. but the actual stores dont even have the tp2 available they are trying to see what they can do but no promisses
Old 10-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

CuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCuzinBucksBx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to CuzinBucksBx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyorke View Post
Not necessarily. i tried the memo and the Sprint guy said he can not acknowledge the document. I took it to a 3rd party store and teh guy waqs just like it all depends on what is in the computer. THen he couldnt even get into it because I am on an employee account.
That why! You have a Employee account. When they show the list I had...I had HTC Snap,TP2,BB Tour, & TP1
Old 10-13-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Its a POS

Bird11 is just getting started

am I the only person in the world whom has never had a single problem with my touch pro?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

I hope they still have some where I live, my keyboard has been acting up! Took it to Sprint today, when I came back they told me they replaced the whole keyboard but it still wasn't working! Than they flashed an updated rom to my phone and told me it was working but now the problem is back! I will be back there tomorrow with "The Memo" and see what they say! I got my Touch Pro from Asurion......I wonder if Asurion is giving out
Touch Pro 2s as relacements?!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I just printed out the memo & I'm going to the sprint store tomorrow, so I guess I'll report back with what happens. Wish me luck guys

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 10-13-2009, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

why are the idiots not listening? you need to take it to a asc and you could be walking out the next day with a tp2. not once did I have to mention a memo.

if you want to scam someone don't brag here you look like a *** and ruin it for people who actually have problems
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
why are the idiots not listening? you need to take it to a asc and you could be walking out the next day with a tp2. not once did I have to mention a memo.

if you want to scam someone don't brag here you look like a *** and ruin it for people who actually have problems
I am guessing people are trying stores as they may have stock. I am still waiting for stock in the warehouse for the ASC to order the replacement. To their credit they have been great with communication regarding the status thus far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro