PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

abdeviation is keeping up the good workabdeviation is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Have you tried any of the ASCs in Sac? What did they tell you? If you're in the bay area, I can help you out...
I sent you a PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kubel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
why are the idiots not listening? you need to take it to a asc and you could be walking out the next day with a tp2. not once did I have to mention a memo.
Most ASC stores don't keep stock of phones. The one by me only carries a few accessories and a bunch of display models. All phones had to be ordered from the warehouse. And as it is now, the warehouse is out of stock.

In my case, I took my phone to an ASC near me. They said I can either try standard triage/repair (order a replacement battery and then "see what our options are after that"), or I can go to corporate and have them diagnose the overheating issue.

The battery arrived at the store the next day. They installed it. I said thanks, and left. After charging it, I plugged it in... and it's overheating still. So on my next visit, I expect I should get an offer for a replacement.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

I am gonna go the ecare route in the morning
Old 10-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
why are the idiots not listening? you need to take it to a asc and you could be walking out the next day with a tp2. not once did I have to mention a memo.

if you want to scam someone don't brag here you look like a *** and ruin it for people who actually have problems
ok in all fairness are you not listening? some of us are getting repair centers that are acting like dumbos and not letting us have the opp.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
I was told over the phone from my local corporate owned Sprint store today that the company has discontinued the option of upgrading Touch Pro customers to the Touch Pro 2 because of the high number of returns due to the memo being leaked over the internet. Greed may have blown it for everyone with chronic legitimate problems.
I think there lying to you kid because they keep calling me back everyday seeing if its in stock
Old 10-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haythammohamed1 View Post
wait how...this is my 4th one...and man i was treated hella wrong...it was all bad..
WAIT until the stock is replenished.
I lulz when people say they have so many replacements and should deserve to "upgrade" to a new phone. Well buddy "upgrading" is when you sign a new 1 or 2 yr contract and PAY money (a little or alot YMMV) towards a new phone.

TEP IS NOT an "upgrade" program. It's an equipment replacement program.

Remember when TEP used to be cheaper than $7 a month? Yup Yup.

Man I cant believe some people now a days. They dont get what they want or they dont get what other people are getting and they dog on Sprint lulz. Then they get what the want and are all giddy again until another phone comes out to replace the TP2.

Can't everyone be a LITTLE more patient?

**I mean no harm or disrespect to anyone, we are all adults here so we don't need to get all mad and uptight if we can't get something after 1 or 2 tries. "You can DO it!!!!"**

I <3 Android
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The moral of the story is it that it will all depend on who you talk to. If you are not getting the response you want, ask to talk to their supervisor. If that is not working, ask to talk to the manager. They are in a customer service industry, and will do as little as possible to keep you happy and not loose money. Stick to your guns and don't tuck your tail and go home if you are not happy with the fist answer they give you.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
The moral of the story is it that it will all depend on who you talk to. If you are not getting the response you want, ask to talk to their supervisor. If that is not working, ask to talk to the manager. They are in a customer service industry, and will do as little as possible to keep you happy and not loose money. Stick to your guns and don't tuck your tail and go home if you are not happy with the fist answer they give you.
Exactly what alot of people should do. Don't give up at all. And don't call in 3 times a day Mon-Fri. Call here and there because the more you act like a poophead the more they will write notes onto your account. That's the first thing you see when you log onto someones account, their notes history.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
Exactly what alot of people should do. Don't give up at all. And don't call in 3 times a day Mon-Fri. Call here and there because the more you act like a poophead the more they will write notes onto your account. That's the first thing you see when you log onto someones account, their notes history.
Right on!
Anyone can throw a fit and be a jerk to try to get what they want, it probably will not get you anywhere, but anyone can do it.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just sharing my experience...

I went to a repair center yesterday for a busted USB - the device will charge, but data is completely dead [no PC connectivity]. I read this thread, but didn't really want to get my hopes up - I just couldn't see a company giving me a brand new $600 phone to replace my used phone, when the policy clearly calls for refurbs, but whatever...maybe I'd get lucky.

I explained the issue to the rep who was cool as hell. He ran some tests to confirm the USB was in fact dead...and it was [it stopped working last Friday]. He said "let's save some time here and just order you a replacement". I was into it...I need the phone for business and have travelling coming up this weekend, so fast was good.

When he went into the system to check the stock at the warehouse for the TP replacement, he said "Oh, wait, we have some options"...and he was visibly reading through a short list. I made a joke about Sprint trying to push a combination of three Nokia's on me to match the capability of my phone, but he said no there are some decent phones...oh, and a TP2! Excited, I asked him to get me the TP2...which, as many reported, was on back order. I imagine the option is grayed out for them or something. I mean, the guy offered up all of the information, so I couldn't imagine he'd be trying to "hold out" on me...again, he was super cool.

My guess is the folks getting new TP2s are "lucky"...the reps either hooked it up, or made a verbal committment they can't really deliver on [yet]. My options were to keep my busted phone and keep checking back to see when they came into stock, or just get my device replaced tomorrow.

I decided to just get a replacement TP. Honestly, if it breaks again, maybe they'l have the TP2s at the warehouse. Overall, I just wanted to share the experience...the dude was cool, I offered NO information...he was very forthcoming with what my options were and I was in and out of the store in 20 minutes. So, the system obviously informs them they can chose from a list of devices to replace the TP...but it's dependent on that device's availability.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro