PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

isangmahal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Out here in Los Angeles, I can't get them to exchange my Touch Pro for a Touch Pro 2.

The repair people did offer to exchange it for a Touch Pro 2 under Asurion. A $100 for a new phone isn't such a bad offer, considering I'll be using it for another year.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post
Out here in Los Angeles, I can't get them to exchange my Touch Pro for a Touch Pro 2.

The repair people did offer to exchange it for a Touch Pro 2 under Asurion. A $100 for a new phone isn't such a bad offer, considering I'll be using it for another year.

It's not, especially since you've been paying the premiums! My camera went out on me. I flashed a few different ROMs and it still would not work. I flashed back to stock all to no avail. I took it in and the store said they'd replace it with another TP, which I am fine with (I love my TP), but they could not give me a NIB. Since it'll be my 4th one, I said forget it and filed a claim to get the TP2...it's time to move on...

Last edited by cmajewsk; 04-10-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

WildFireXXI is a n00b

I went into the Sprint store today with a CRAPPY phone (Keyboard seldomly worked, Front face buttons DIDNT work, mass overheating/lockups) and the tech guy there agreed that it was in pitiful condition and should be exchanged, but he couldn't because there was a crack on the phone and it'd be considered a cosmetic defect that wasn't in proper condition to be refurbished (WTF) and he basically sent me on my way.

I left the store furious (literally yelled BULL**** on the way out) and sat in my car for a minute before decided to try to end this right now and called up sprint and asked for the advanced exchange department. I told her what went down in the store and she wanted to try to get me an exchange since I obviously deserved one but she couldn't because apparently the warranty on it expired last month. She at first tried to set me up with another Touch Pro but I brought up the fact that I didn't want to go through this again and my friends have problems with it too. I also brought up the fact that I had BEEN calling them for the past 5 or so months trying to get something done and no reps were ever any help to me, she checked my files and verified that I had called several times and said that she couldn't do anything about it on HER service account but would get her department head or supervisor to help me.

I was put on hold for awhile until finally the woman said she got her supervisor to log into their account and by doing that they could grant me an exchange! The choices were a TP, Blackberry, Samsung Moment, Palm Pre and a Touch Pro 2! Of course, I took the TP2 and they said it will be here on tuesday!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Finally gonna get a touch pro 2. im on my 4th replacement ask due to kb issues.in a span of 8 months i got 3 replacements all refurbished.and all failed within 2 months each.this 4th one is beginning to fail to. the characters on screen get stuck and only fix is a reset.last week I took it to the repair store again and all they did was open and dusted it off.that's what I was told.i took it home afterwards and again the kb issue was the.this time i called retentions and they would offer any solutions but to take it to the repair store again.I said i was done with this phone and won't accept another refurbished tp.and asked for another method besides anotherphone. a little back and forth and the agent managed to convince another store to give me a pro2.i never asked or it by name and was polite.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post

I know what you mean, I been to many stores in los angeles as i go down there a lot... no luck ever, i got my first TP2 via insurance when i lost my first TP haha... If you get the TP2, I'm sure you will enjoy/love it! camera is a bit cheaper though IMO. feel free to pm me if you need help with your TP2
Old 04-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jerseykid06 is a n00b

Just got off the phone with sprint customer service, after 50 mins of transfering and a couple of troubleshooting tips that didn't work, i finally got a TP2 coming to me in couple of days after being sent 6 replacements. Didn't mention anything about the TP2. He said they will be sending me a new phone and i asked if it was a TP and he said no it will be a TP2. Thanks everyone on this thread for the tips.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykid06 View Post
Just got off the phone with sprint customer service, after 50 mins of transfering and a couple of troubleshooting tips that didn't work, i finally got a TP2 coming to me in couple of days after being sent 6 replacements. Didn't mention anything about the TP2. He said they will be sending me a new phone and i asked if it was a TP and he said no it will be a TP2. Thanks everyone on this thread for the tips.

I just picked my tp2 from the store. I got a refurbished unit that looks brand new. They only gave me the ppc and the wall charger. I can complain since it was free. If you get a new unit then you got lucky. When I called last week I never said I want a TP2.. just mentioned how im on my 4th tp and they all gave me the same issue of a dead kb. They suggested to go again to the repair store to have it swapped and I said "Sorry, I lost faith in this method and need a different solution." The lady was nice and called 2 stores and explained my issue and managed to get a different store to swap it out for a tp2. Again... if you want the swap, its better if you do NOT mention that u want the Tp2 and ask for what other ppc can you have it replaced with. That worked for me. Plus a long history of dead kb helped alot too. So far I like it alot and currently DL wm 6.5.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BTW...... Good bye retched TP! You were a pain in the arse!

PS. I was not given a screen protector. Where ccan I get the original on from the Box? I hate the 3rd party ones.

Last edited by AndroidTroll; 04-12-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprong

Hansiz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
BTW...... Good bye retched TP! You were a pain in the arse!

PS. I was not given a screen protector. Where ccan I get the original on from the Box? I hate the 3rd party ones.
Get to an advanced tech at sprint. They may still have some that they got from HTC. Be friendly with them when you talk to them and just explain how you would love a real HTC screen cover.

Only other places that have them are the refurb 'factory'; the place they take in the phones that dont work and 'fix' them with refurb stickers.

And of course HTC, good luck with them. I've had little help from them. But who knows ya may be able to shamooze it outa them...

Gratz on getting a TP2 btw
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
BOBEKNR1

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

TO EVERYONE : ASURION IS NOW REPLACING TOUCH PRO WITH NEW TOUCH PRO 2 AS OF 4/17 GO AND IT OUT

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro