PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bradtsg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I don't think it would be long, I activated a ebay bought TP, 2 days later went into the store and had it replaced with another TP first though call on the phone and open up an appointment if you like.

I'll let him know that. Hopefully he can get it fixed or replaced.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtsg View Post
I'll let him know that. Hopefully he can get it fixed or replaced.
tell them to just take it to a repair store. as soon as they see it, they will talk about a replacement.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
tell them to just take it to a repair store. as soon as they see it, they will talk about a replacement.
LOL! that so may be truth, when i went and took mines recently, i had a tp active for a few days just to get it exchanged for a non scratched ect one. They told me to just come back in 2 days for replacement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
LOL! that so may be truth, when i went and took mines recently, i had a tp active for a few days just to get it exchanged for a non scratched ect one. They told me to just come back in 2 days for replacement.
yeah lol, sprint doesn't want to have anything to do with the tp! they'll give you a blackberry 1st lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache

daranman is a n00b

My refurbished TP I got a couple of weeks ago had trouble keeping its calibration, and would not get out of the align screen after flashing to stock (and relock). I don't know if all the flashing trying out different roms (Mighty and Energy) had anything to do with that, but the drift was just getting annoying. Anyway, I took it back to my local sprint store, and I got back another refurbished TP. I didn't even have to wait a day for that, so you can't expect to get a TP2 as the default replacement option.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranman View Post
My refurbished TP I got a couple of weeks ago had trouble keeping its calibration, and would not get out of the align screen after flashing to stock (and relock). I don't know if all the flashing trying out different roms (Mighty and Energy) had anything to do with that, but the drift was just getting annoying. Anyway, I took it back to my local sprint store, and I got back another refurbished TP. I didn't even have to wait a day for that, so you can't expect to get a TP2 as the default replacement option.
True but some stores really hate working with Touch pro's such as the one i went to, as soon as i pulled it out, the rep told the tech "its another pro..." and he laughed about it lol! they didn't look, just said to come back for a replacement in 2 days.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Well, my screen stopped working... This will be my fourth replacement TP. If I ask to get a TP2, Will that change my upgrade date? I am looking to get the EVO in June when my Upgrade is due.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
Well, my screen stopped working... This will be my fourth replacement TP. If I ask to get a TP2, Will that change my upgrade date? I am looking to get the EVO in June when my Upgrade is due.
I don't think you should "ask" they will most likely then know what you are after, just stick to going to get it replaced and try to throw it in there that you need a stable phone that won't have to be replaced every month to 3 months.... just don't ask straight out for a TP2. I'm not sure if my advise is good but I try. best of luck to you my friend.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I don't think you should "ask" they will most likely then know what you are after, just stick to going to get it replaced and try to throw it in there that you need a stable phone that won't have to be replaced every month to 3 months.... just don't ask straight out for a TP2. I'm not sure if my advise is good but I try. best of luck to you my friend.
That could not have been any easier, he saw my screen wasn't working, and said how about a touch pro 2? I stood there amazed!
Old 04-10-2010, 03:29 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2021 View Post
That could not have been any easier, he saw my screen wasn't working, and said how about a touch pro 2? I stood there amazed!
congratulations to you my friend. I hope you enjoy the touch pro 2! it is a sweet device, feel free to PM me if you need any help with the TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro