PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Verizon

ttsupra95 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Well I got a hold of a good Verizon tech on the second try. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said he sent the email to 2 of his supervisors that he said he knew would add the MEID to their DMD database and it should be in within 2 days. He also said he would personally follow up with phone call to me to make sure it was done by Monday. I told him that it was an Alltel TP and he said it was on the approved device list and he would gladly take care of it. Probably one of the best techs I've talked to. I almost fell out of my chair how coopertive he was. I'm crossing my fingers it works. I just flashed to the stock leaked Verizon rom to eliminate variables. I never got that PM JPMORTON. I looked thru my profile and its set up to accept them. I worked my way thru the programming of the QPST settings from the text file someone posted on this thread. THANKS. Will post as soon as I know something.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
This appears to be a sprint specific error. doublecheck all settings (DUN, EPST etc)
How would i be (still) getting a "sprint" error? That leaves me to believe that I truly do not have something set-up right for my device to connect to VZW data???
Old 05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
How would i be (still) getting a "sprint" error? That leaves me to believe that I truly do not have something set-up right for my device to connect to VZW data???
I am not certain..but it is not an error i have seen or could find any info on. You still have a sprint device so i have noticed the error messages are sometimes device/ROM specific.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

I have the leaked shipped verizon radio on my sprint tp. Now that I have it activated and everything on verizon I notice that my reception with rapidly go up and down, and switch from 1x to EV spastically... would flashing a new radio be the solution to this? if so what would you all recommend?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Lurker

bitsurfer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsupra95 View Post
Well I got a hold of a good Verizon tech on the second try. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said he sent the email to 2 of his supervisors that he said he knew would add the MEID to their DMD database and it should be in within 2 days.
Consider yourself lucky. I bought a new Sprint TP a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to get VZW to add it to the DMD ever since. I've had the form filled out three times and every time it has been rejected within two days. Now they want me to take the TP to a VZW store and have it shipped to Fort Worth for a three week evaluation, although there is no guarantee that they will approve it.

I'm going to buy an Alltel TP and sell the Sprint one. Hopefully I'll have better luck.

Last edited by bitsurfer; 05-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsurfer View Post
I'm going to buy an Alltel TP and sell the Sprint one. Hopefully I'll have better luck.
Youll most likely have more luck with the Alltel TP since Verizon and Alltel are much more closely related. They are almost the same company but not yet. If anything by the end of summer you should have no problems.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC TP
Carrier: VZW

nighcore is a n00b

Hey guys. Been lurking the boards for a while and finally have my own question. LOL! For those that have RECENTLY had Verizon add your Sprint or Alltel TP to their DMD, how long does it normally take? Only reason I ask is that I have a Sprint TP I called in and said was an Alltel TP and the guy called me back a day later after submitting the form and said it was approved to be added and would be in the database no later than Thursday, May 14th. I got the callback telling me about the approval on Friday, May 8th. Are they jerking my chain or does it seem that my phone really is being added? I tried activating it today but still getting the incorrect ESN/MEID error on the webpage.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighcore View Post
Hey guys. Been lurking the boards for a while and finally have my own question. LOL! For those that have RECENTLY had Verizon add your Sprint or Alltel TP to their DMD, how long does it normally take? Only reason I ask is that I have a Sprint TP I called in and said was an Alltel TP and the guy called me back a day later after submitting the form and said it was approved to be added and would be in the database no later than Thursday, May 14th. I got the callback telling me about the approval on Friday, May 8th. Are they jerking my chain or does it seem that my phone really is being added? I tried activating it today but still getting the incorrect ESN/MEID error on the webpage.
No, they are not jerking your chain. When they submit the request and it is approved, they get an "expected timeframe for resolution" which is normally 1-2 weeks out. In reality, it only takes 3-5 days...if they are using the same process i use.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I activated a Sprint TP on Verizon back in January. Although I am not having any problems, I am wondering what everyone's opinion is about calling Verizon to have it added to the DMD. Should I give it a try, or just leave it alone in the hopes that Verizon will not eventually find it and remove it? I am also a little worried about touching my TP at this point as I don't want anything to cause it to stop working on Verizon's network. I have already loaded a couple of ROMs since they closed the hole, but I have just not wanted to take any chances. Thanks for your time!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsOnLine View Post
I activated a Sprint TP on Verizon back in January. Although I am not having any problems, I am wondering what everyone's opinion is about calling Verizon to have it added to the DMD. Should I give it a try, or just leave it alone in the hopes that Verizon will not eventually find it and remove it? I am also a little worried about touching my TP at this point as I don't want anything to cause it to stop working on Verizon's network. I have already loaded a couple of ROMs since they closed the hole, but I have just not wanted to take any chances. Thanks for your time!
If it ain't broke...

I'm in the same boat and I'd only try that if I knew for a fact and was 100% certain it would get added to the DMD. I'll try getting it added if and when it no longer works on their network, but otherwise I'm leaving well enough alone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro