PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2
Carrier: Verizon

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I got a tech on the phone who was pretty helpful, but i lied and told her it was an Alltell touch pro, she could see the device was activated and working before on my account.
She said that she would fill out the form for the DMD database add. The next day i get an email that says this:
Quote:
I received a response back regarding esn XXXXXXXXXX.Apparently that is a Sprint phone and as our HQ department said Sprint configuration is not Verizon Wireless approved. So unfortunately we cannot reactivate that phone. I did explain to them that it was previously activated and they said it should not have been able to active before and we cannot activate it now. I am very sorry about this.
So I don't think its a good idea to tell them you have an alltell device when its actually a sprint =)
I am going to keep trying, ive called 6 times already, my patience is waning. Almost ready to jump ship to a GSM provider so I don't have these stupid hassles with devices.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Stick it out for another year or two, LTE is just around the corner and Verizon has agreed to stick with the GSM way and use SIM cards.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

I had to take a break from this. I was getting too frustrated and was spending way too much time on it. However, I am here to say after almost 3 weeks.... I STILL HAVE NO DATA!!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
I had to take a break from this. I was getting too frustrated and was spending way too much time on it. However, I am here to say after almost 3 weeks.... I STILL HAVE NO DATA!!
Is your device added to the DMD database?
If not how did you lose data? Call them ask for a DMU reset.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondeep View Post
If not how did you lose data? .
He didn't lose it, he's NEVER had it working..........

~John
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

AnonymousV2 is a n00b

I've been looking at getting a Touch Pro but I don't want the data plan that Verizon forces on it. I was thinking and if I swapped the ESN from a TP with my current phone or an older Verizon phone I have, would I be able to get out of the data plan by having them think it's a different phone, or is it too risky getting caught? I'd also be able to get out of the whole activation nightmare with the Sprint model (which is what I was looking at)

I just want a WM phone with a keyboard without having to pay extra for data that I don't use, damn Verizon
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousV2 View Post
I've been looking at getting a Touch Pro but I don't want the data plan that Verizon forces on it. I was thinking and if I swapped the ESN from a TP with my current phone or an older Verizon phone I have, would I be able to get out of the data plan by having them think it's a different phone, or is it too risky getting caught? I'd also be able to get out of the whole activation nightmare with the Sprint model (which is what I was looking at)

I just want a WM phone with a keyboard without having to pay extra for data that I don't use, damn Verizon
This has been discussed ad nauseum, but you won't find any help with ESN cloning on this board.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

AnonymousV2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
This has been discussed ad nauseum, but you won't find any help with ESN cloning on this board.
Can you point me in the direction of these discussions? Is it somewhere in this thread? I read a few pages but I didn't go through all 40. I know I won't get any help with ESN changing but I just wanted to know if this would work at all before I go finding out how to do it.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
Do you have another smartphone you could borrow? I couldn't get the data working for the life of me so I just took my gf's touch and activated it on my line copied the HAA and AA secret keys then activated my phone again and pasted the keys and i've had perfect data ever since. that was a few months back i believe. I've flashed my phone about 10-15 times since then too without a problem. And instant GPS lock too
Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousV2 View Post
Can you point me in the direction of these discussions? Is it somewhere in this thread? I read a few pages but I didn't go through all 40. I know I won't get any help with ESN changing but I just wanted to know if this would work at all before I go finding out how to do it.
ESN cloning is what has been discussed ad nauseum. We can't help you with what you're trying to do. The only response you'll get is you can try it at your own risk, but nobody here will help you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro