PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Force the phone to 1X mode (theres a reg hack/cab to enable the item under Phone Settings), make a call (any call...check VM for instance), hard reset, repeat, hard reset and switch back to Hybrid (or force EVDO), soft reset and you should have data. This is what the VZW had a friend of mine do for his Sprint TP. Don't have to put in your login info if you don't want to, think it actually causes more issues than solves em (can't tether, paid or "hacked" with my username/phone number and password set).
Old 06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
Force the phone to 1X mode (theres a reg hack/cab to enable the item under Phone Settings), make a call (any call...check VM for instance), hard reset, repeat, hard reset and switch back to Hybrid (or force EVDO), soft reset and you should have data. This is what the VZW had a friend of mine do for his Sprint TP. Don't have to put in your login info if you don't want to, think it actually causes more issues than solves em (can't tether, paid or "hacked" with my username/phone number and password set).
Alright, i'll give this one a try....
Old 06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
Yeah, both match up perfectly. I even went as far as copying and pasting the HA, and AAA shared secrect code form my VZW TP and place them into the Sprint TP via EPST, still nothing.

I am currently running the updated VZW stock ROM that was just released 2 weeks ago. its v2.0.
When copying the keys, save the document as an .rtf (Rich-text format). No other format worked for me when copying the keys. .doc and .txt do not copy the symbols and spaces over correctly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I copied & pasted the keys from a .pwi file with no problem from an xv6800 to one of my TP's

~John
Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

OK people extra long post but it's worth it...First and foremost I'd like to apologize to everyone that PMed me and I haven't responded quickly I'm gonna be getting back to eveyone know that I figured it out. Please read entire post before doing anything to your phone, call anyone or PM me because something that might be important to you might be at the end.

My situation went like this I liked S:TP better than V:TP because of the ram keyboard etc..bought one of ebay great seller came unlocked already had to get esn/meid number added (info on how i did that below) and also how to get data working (below as well)now for the rest.

I used this tutorial:

Getting your sprint phone on a vzw network

What you will need

you will need

* QPST (google this - seriously, because chances of you finding it here are slim)
* Baffles MSL Grabber (you can find it here: http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl you will need .net framework 3.5 installed on your phone)
* An unlocked Sprint Touch Pro (Raphael Unlocker here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503)
* VZW leaked rom (that you can find here : ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...51064_Ship.exe)
* The most current vzw PRL (Again you can find that here : http://www.corolada.com/prl/verizon/51056.prl)
* DMU Keys (Find that here : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1205773368)
* HTC modem drivers http://www.cinconet.org/gpsfix/WMode...rInstaller.exe

Step One
You can perform this step on your phone. Install Baffles MSL Grabber and write your MSL. My suggestion is to open up a text document and type it there because it will be necessary later on.

Step Two
Unlock your device using the Raphael team elite unlocker for sprint. I used the second link (I believe .37).

Step Three
Install the htc modem drivers on your computer (that's kind of important)

Step Four
Install QPST on your computer

Step Five
If you completed all the preliminary steps, you should be ready to fully begin. At this point, you can perform the steps on the vzw leaked rom or on your sprint touch pro rom. If you are performing this on the sprint touch pro rom, you will need DCD carriers cab. On the vzw rom, however, I have noted that MMS does work on the phone (and you know how much we love our mms). I think this is solely up to you whether or not you use either rom for operation. Remember though, if you are doing this on a sprint rom

DMR mode for sprint is
##3424#

Whereas DMR for vzw is
##3424 and press the send key (send key is below the home hardware button - you can also use the send key on the phone)

Also EPST for sprint is
##778#

whereas this for a vzw phone is

##778 and hit the send key

So how you will work is solely up to you

What you would need to do next is place your phone in DMR mode. Connect your phone to your computer via usb mode. If everything worked okay, the popup for drivers shouldn't come up at all. Start QPST config and select ports

Step Six
Now, in QPST, your phone should come up. If it doesn't, right click on my computer and select properties. Click hardware and then device manager. Click view and device by connection. Click on your USB controllers and don't stop until you see HTC. Notice the com port that the HTC device is on (mine on two different computers, running xp or vista was COM5, yours may be different). Take a note of this and return to QPST config. Now, click add COM port, and add the port you saw in the device manager. QPST will pick up the phone.

Step Seven
Now, click on services and go to services programming. Select your phone and begin. This will ask for your MSL. Type it in and continue. Click read from phone. You may have to retype that MSL code, if not good. but on some cases, it asked me for my MSL code twice (unfortunately) so I typed it in twice. The point of it all is this - to get the data from your phone to QPST

Step Eight - changing your MSL
Now that you are in QPST Service programming, you can change your MSL unlock code. Please change it to 000000. That is vzw's MSL code, and it is so easy to remember for later on. Once this is done, click write to phone. I caution, do not close out of QPST service programming until this is done! You will know when this is done if you can see that the buttons read from phone, write to phone, are not grayed out.

Step Nine (optional)
Okay so at this point, I installed the leaked vzw rom but it is not necessary to perform this step at all. Its just something I did to make things a lot easier on me. Individual results can vary though.

Step Ten
Now, its time to change our MIP settings. Go into EPST and select your MIP profile. On your phone you can edit the information to match the following:

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

Step Eleven
Now in EPST, go to MIP default profile and edit the information on your phone to match these settings:

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0

It is very important to erase the HA and AAA shared keys. We will return back to them momentarily

Step Eleven
Complete changes from EPST and the device will soft reset. Now place your phone in diag mode. Connect your phone to your computer and enter QPST EFS explorer. Unzip the DMU keys and notice you will see the file on your hard drive. In EFS explorer, you will see the DMU folder. Right click on the folder and you will be able to insert a DMU key via the file explorer on your computer. Select the DMU key file and press okay. The information will be written to the phone.

Step Twelve
Drag your PRL file you downloaded from your computer to your cell phone memory. Dial ##PRL and hit send if you are on vzw rom, if not ##PRL# if you are still on the sprint rom. This will lead to a dialog box on your phone that will allow you to locate the PRL file you loaded onto your phone. Make sure the PRL is in a directory where you can access it when you browse for it on your phone.

Step Thirteen
Place your phone back in diag mode. Connect to QPST service programming and go to the MIP default profile (AAA shared secret and HA shared secret is where you need to go in Service programming). If there is anything in those two areas, delete it, click enter hex values and leave it blank. Write to phone.

Step Fourteen
If you are still on a sprint phone, install DCD vzw carrier cab. If not, please dial *228. The menu has changed, so you will have to hear EVERY option before selecting. You will enter option number 3. Go through the prompts on vzw's end and the phone will program and soft reset.

Step Fifteen
Once your phone has soft reset, you're almost done! You should have text messaging and voice, but data not yet. So to get data, you have some options. If you can't get data to authenticate, follow step thirteen. Then force the phone into 1x mode (I don't care how you do it - what I did was go to a mall basement) and connect to the internet in 1x mode. EvDO won't work, but 1x does work. What is going to happen is the HA and AAA shared keys will be written. If all goes well, you should have your sprint touch pro phone 99.9% working on vzw network.

Now, the roaming triangle will stay there, I'm still working on how to remove that. But it will work everyday. Enjoy your new phone =)

Special thanks to Nex, Baffles, drellisdee, and KilgoreBA for the help. I haven't started my hand at a vzw rom, but I will eventually...

Everything worked great. Now the goodies.

PRL: If you're a noob (which I kinda was when starting) you need to know that a custom PRL will need to added to your phone periodically because *228 option 2 is only for vzw phones so keep that in mind. That way you can use their towers and such.

Data: Ok I'm gonna post some responses from some people on how to fix data these did NOT work for me, but they might for you. (This is NOT a knock on anyone of the people that chimed in to help me, I greatly appreciate you trying to help but they just didn't work for me; I also wanted to consolidate a little.)

schteve: There was a step in the upgrade where you had to change the user name from the default sprint values to the verizon ones. IIRC you had to do it in the EPST MIP Profile and set the NAI to <yournumber>@vzw3g.com. Completed still not working.

aarondeep:On your phone, go to start --> settings --> connection then click Manage exisiting connection, you should see something like "data network connection" number #777 from there click edit, the username
should be your phone#@vzw3g.com the password is 'vzw' without the quotes. click finish and you should be off to the races. Completed still not working.

cac2us:When I was troubleshooting my data, I was told to enter "BroadbandAccess" for the Network Connection, instead of "Data Network Connect".It solved the problem where my username & password would not stay.

RonDutt:Force the phone to 1X mode (theres a reg hack/cab to enable the item under Phone Settings), make a call (any call...check VM for instance), hard reset, repeat, hard reset and switch back to Hybrid (or force EVDO), soft reset and you should have data. This is what the VZW had a friend of mine do for his Sprint TP. Don't have to put in your login info if you don't want to, think it actually causes more issues than solves em (can't tether, paid or "hacked" with my username/phone number and password set).

My way for data: IMPORTANT: IF YOU ALREADY HAVE HA AND AAA KEYS IN YOUR M.IP DEFAULT PROFILE DO NOT REMOVE THEM LIKE THE TUTORIAL SAYS this caused me a lot of pain because it says that they'll be written but I'm not so sure. I then triple checked my settings in EPST making sure your NAI is "yourmobilenumber"@vzw3g.com (without the quotes) and that all the other settings are correctly inputted according to the above tutorial. Then do the soft reset like it tells you too, then make sure under start>settings>connections tab>manage existing connections it says "DataNetworkConnect" hit next #777 hit next username is
"yourmobilenumber"@vzw3g.com (without the quotes) and the password is "vzw" that's the way I got mine to work. Take your time check your settings and characters thoroughly because one wrong number letter or symbol out of place and it won't work.

One other thing with data is that from what I've noticed and read is that there doesn't seem to a true surefire way to get it to work. People have cutted and pasted, tweaked settings, forced keys to be written in 1x mode, and done DMU resets like crazy so I believe it's a combination of things to get it right don't be discouraged and please be smart and try one thing first before you start another tactic.

ESN/MEID number added to the database: Ok so after calling tech support for days on end and getting the "send the phone to verizon" thing the "check the list of acceptable phones" thing and all that other jazz I got in touch with a person who could help.
There are no tiers just experiencd techs and not-so-experienced ones. Now this number is not a call center this is an actual person's individual desk who gets referenced for higher level calls. There is one number but many extensions but I only know 1. (talking in plural because I think you might be able to reach others who can do the same if you let it ring) They are not the end all be all fix and I nor they cannot promise/gaurantee that your esn/meid number will get added.

Tactics:

1. Be extremely nice/courteous but have a personality and develop a report. Talk like a friend that needs a favor nor a disgruntled customer.

2. If they ask tell them you bought the phone from HTC or another 3rd party retailer. Try not to give any carrier specific info. esp. Sprint
3. Tell them you like vzw and wanna stay with them (if you're not already a customer)
4. Have faith if they can do this for you THANK THEM profusely and if they say they're gonna call they will call I got called by two different people that did this for me and they both called me back saying mine had been added.

Most importantly we are all in this together (hence why i'm posting) and if everyone jumps on the phone within the next week to have their esn/meid number added to the DMD it's gonna look bad/fishy and they could decide not to do it anymore and then we're really in trouble. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you can wait a while wait a while or try not to bombard this one extension with calls, try typin in a random one or a different last digit to get someone else but we're all geeks here let's be smart about this be a team player and we all win.

The number is 1-800-951-2351 ext. 6571

I also suggest while messing around with your phone to make a notepad file of some of your old info like and old msl number, your esn/meid for quick reference, your keys if you can get them in the right format it helps out a lot.

OK so my speech/tutorial/monologue/how-to guide is done. All of you that PMed me about the number or other help I'm going to get back to you personnally soon (it's late now sorry). Thanks to all of you for your help and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

FIRST FULLY OPERATIONAL SPRINT TOUCH PRO ON VERIZON POST LOOPHOLE CLOSE !!!

ps. hit me with a thanks if you like tom hanks! or if u actually wanna say thanks that's way cool too.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:56 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

That's cool that it worked for you, but you need to make it clear that the MEID needs to be added FIRST before you go through the tutorial & get to step 14. Dialing *228 used to work at that step, now it will fail if the MEID has not been added first.

~John
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 AM
VIP Member

You're right, data can be weird.

I added a Sprint Diamond to my VZ account a few days ago to use as a spare phone. I got data instantly in that setup by forcing 1x in EPST modem settings.

~John
Old 06-27-2009, 06:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

I would hate to be the person at that extension lol. Hopefully he/she does get bombarded all at once. I am glad I only had to do one phone as it took me forever it seems to get it working just right...and I had a major advantage.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I sure hope you asked the person on that extension =/ I know the two reps who have helped me didn't want to be publicly known unless it was an urgent matter.

FYI, forcing the phone into 1X mode (either in the firmware via the various threads or just make a call, calls automatically kill EVDO) will always get data working for you. May have to hard reset/soft reset a few times for the DMU keys to be writted by keep trying. IF it doesn't work after at least 5 tries (some devices I've done have worked on the first try, some have taken up to 5), get a friends phone or an old data phone you may have and activate that. Switch back to the new TP/Diamond and it will attempt to pull the DMU keys since they've been changed by the old phone.

On a side note, anyone have updated modified PRL's, or have they not changed in a while?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

sitnstand is a n00b

I'm trying to do this, however i cannot get my computer to recognize the TP. I'm on xp and my active sync is up to date. also, i don't have the usb modem drivers and the links are dead. I do have the phone unlocked using the sd unlock method.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro