PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
I copied the ERI file from my VZW TP and dumped it onto my Sprint TP using EFS explorer, and when i do a *228 im pretty sure it updates the latest PRL. Can you suggest a modified PRL? and perhaps direct me to it and a VZW PRI?

Thanks,
*228 option 2 will update your PRL but you'll have a roaming triangle. The PRLs are available in either this forum or the upgrades forum, just search for them.

As for the PRI, check Bored's GPS thread in the upgrades forum. His GPS fix 2.0 is a modified and unlocked Verizon PRI, and the standard Verizon PRI is also in there. Either of them will do but the standard PRI may lock your GPS so I would run the modified GPS fix PRI.

You can also load ERIs by dialing ##ERI from your device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesbeebe View Post
Sooo... I need help. I have had my MEID added to the verizon database. I went online and activated my phone on vzw.com... I flashed the stock vzw rom posted earlier in this thread, and also flashed the mighty rom 5... i tried making a phone call and all i got was the sprint guy telling me the code i entered or the numbered i entered was invalid. Earlier i dialed *228 and somehow i got to US cellular phone menu. So i went into my epst settings and changed them to what michaelbrandonwhad them at. Now when i try and call, or update the towers, I get the same thing... nowhere. I think I need to finish changing the rest of the settings in the epst, but idk really. so, if someone could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated
Keep in mind that when you have anything other then the stock VZW ROM the VZW feature codes do not work (ie. ##778, ##3424) You need to use (##778#, and ##3424# no send key needed), also, I had the same issue with the *228. I think it was when I was on Mike's ROM. Try loading the Shipped VZW ROM or lllboardlll's. I believe that will help with your programing. Are you able to make and receive calls/text?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

So, the only thing that I need to do is change my current MSL to the "000000" verizon MSL.... I swear I have tried looking everywhere for anyway to do this. But, whatever I do I cannot get my TP to show up in QPST. I installed the HTC drivers, tried everything. Is there any other way to change the MSL to 000000. I really could use some help on this, it is the only thing holding my back from having a fully functional sprint TP on verizon. Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
So, the only thing that I need to do is change my current MSL to the "000000" verizon MSL.... I swear I have tried looking everywhere for anyway to do this. But, whatever I do I cannot get my TP to show up in QPST. I installed the HTC drivers, tried everything. Is there any other way to change the MSL to 000000. I really could use some help on this, it is the only thing holding my back from having a fully functional sprint TP on verizon. Thanks
Dial ##DIAG then try to connect the USB and run QPST
Old 05-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X2

phain is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to phain

I wish I could use Sprint. Verizon is the only carrier worth anything in the alabama/georgia area. ATT is a close second, with sprint near the bottom
Old 05-08-2009, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phain View Post
I wish I could use Sprint. Verizon is the only carrier worth anything in the alabama/georgia area. ATT is a close second, with sprint near the bottom
While no doubt fasinating, this information is irrelevant to this thread. I'm tired of threads with people trying to get issues resolved being highjacked by sob stories of available carriers, carrier bashing and the like. Unless you have something to contribute, keep this **** out.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Dial ##DIAG then try to connect the USB and run QPST
Awesome! that worked great!!! I never have even heard of putting the phone in diag mode to get it to show up in qpst. I never even read about it anywhere... weird
Old 05-09-2009, 05:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Awesome! that worked great!!! I never have even heard of putting the phone in diag mode to get it to show up in qpst. I never even read about it anywhere... weird
I remembered it was a ## code but it took me a while to remember which one. Glad I could help
Old 05-09-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Hey Ax, any word on what this Data Call Error 11, PPP conection Error????
Old 05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
Hey Ax, any word on what this Data Call Error 11, PPP conection Error????
This appears to be a sprint specific error. doublecheck all settings (DUN, EPST etc)
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro