PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Verizon

michaelbrandonw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Correct ctrl C to copy & then ctrl V to paste. You need to use a KB with a ctrl function (I used Zoomboard)

I actually did do it in EPST. I went to EPST, edit, enter my unlock code (000000) then view info, then mip settings & go to the key & highlight it. Then go to edit & copy it & paste it into a WM Word note file.

I then moved the note file to my LT with ActiveSync & then copied it over to the TP the same way. I then did the same EPST procedure & pasted both keys into the TP in EPST & after a soft reset my data worked.

~John
Ok, I will try and copy and paste the "shared secret characters" in a Word note. (will the word note recognize the characters tho?)

Secondly, dehx mentioned that he couldnt get the HA, and AAA keys to write in EV mode, and suggested forcing into 1X (via basement/subway) and connecting to data while in 1X. Would this approch make sense?

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Lurker

Putin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't know why people insist on posting post after post after post about how Sprint is cheaper. There has never been any argument about that. If Sprint charged what they do & had service/coverage that was equal (or even close) to what VZ provides, nobody would ever sign up for Verizon again.

That is not the case however, I have had both services & I can truthfully say this is a perfect case of "you get what you pay for". We have a corporate account through where I work & we could switch tomorrow to any service available if we wanted to.

I work in IT & I get a lot of the calls transferred to me from our people in the field when they are *****!ing/complaining about cell service problems. Last years, we swapped almost 80 phones from Sprint to VZ service (& it certainly wasn't to save money). Complaint calls on the cell service has dropped probably 95% since the change (I don't think I field two calls a month at this point, when we had Sprint service we darn near had to assign a person full time to this type of cr@p) We where CONSTANTLY smoothing over problems where a corporate customer was justifiably upset because they didn't receive a timely response to an SMS that either never arrived at all or was 8 hours late because Sprint couldn't deliver it in a timely manner.

~John

See the problem with Sprint is that they get almost NAZI-like if you go over 5 GB/month! They will do ALL in their dirty tricks book to get you under controll. On the other hand Sprint Is the better of the two When it comes to the needs of this community, and any other "Power User" community. This is not just an opinion. VZW for some reason "cuts the legs" of their data products far too much. I can not imagine how you VZW guys can take it. We not only have superior Touch Pro's, but we also have a brighter future with Rhodium on the Horizon.

The argument about Calls dropping are moot. When I was with Verizon for two years my calls dropped like Crazy, reliably, in certain areas, and though I never really had an opportunity to test the data to it's fullest, my best download days and my average download days are insane with Sprint!

downloading 3.5 to 4 MB in 5 seconds is what I am talking about.

The issue comes down to what this community is about Electronic device modding, and the flexability afforded by Sprint is unmatched at the various prices that are offered.

I GET UNLIMITED DATA ON SPRINT FOR $8 You just have to know how to ask for it!

Plus on My touch Pro, I have never, I mean NEVER, shifted down to 1XRTT. Now I dont know the issues with Verizon Data, currently, but I do know for what I pay and the level of Data service I get, I WOULD BE AN IDIOT SWITCHING BACK OVER TO VERIZON, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE MORE OF A NAZI IN THE BIGGER PICTURE (I.E. PRE MODDING THE PHONES SPECS BEFORE PHONE IS EVEN PURCHASED) THAN SPRINT.

To put this in perspective, Over the weekend I worked tirelessly doing all sorts of diagnostic, and related tests because I was compiling evidence for a lawsuit against Sprint. I have been in constant communication with the EFF about the case since about Friday. I spoke to one of the head honchos on Saturday for 4 hours! He really was not about to talk to me because he wanted it to be a day of rest, until I sent him some of the tests we had run and other things Sprint was doing In the name of "Network management". He asked me one question after playing the devil's advocate for about 4 hours, about Sprint and that Shut me up.

I now understand the extra restraints because Sprint is distressed in major ways. They have been building up their PR because of, partially how bad the Nextel merger went, and complaints on their customer Service, but if they cave, like a lot of these big companies are today, who will allow what I think are ok experiences when it comes to data and phones?

It sure as hell ain't Verizon.

That's where I am at with Sprint this Love hate relationship will continue, because if they fall I'm the one who's going to be SOL. People underestimate this economic collapse. It's going to go way farther than a depression, WAY FARTHER.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here we go again
Old 05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

stop turning this into a sprint vs verizon bash fest this is not the goal and we have a number of threads about it. This is getting so ridiculous =(
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

You guys will get a kick out of this:

Since posting what was quoted above, my company has switched companies again. Now, the owners Wife absolutely insisted on buying an Iphone (like all her friends have) so the company owner switched the ENTIRE ACCOUNT to ATT (I kept my phone on VZ).

He also bought an Iphone for himself, but returned it two weeks later as the battery wouldn't make it through one day & it wasn't removeable to carry a spare...........

~John
Old 05-04-2009, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
Ok, I will try and copy and paste the "shared secret characters" in a Word note. (will the word note recognize the characters tho?)

Secondly, dehx mentioned that he couldnt get the HA, and AAA keys to write in EV mode, and suggested forcing into 1X (via basement/subway) and connecting to data while in 1X. Would this approch make sense?

Thanks again guys.

Ok, sorry guys, I've been afk for about a day. Man, oh man, is this thread hopping or what?? LOL

Ok, MichaelBrandonW, heres my stuff:

First off, you probably do not need to do a DMU reset, as my device has blank HA and AAA secrets, and I can still connect to data.

Did you flash the radio I attached? It says rom, but it is the radio. Now, after I did that, I've been flashing Juicy / Psyki / MightyRom and data only work on 1 or 2 of them.. I noticed on the Roms that Data did not work on, I had to manually specify my data settings in Start->Settings->Connections->Connections.

If you see an option to "manage existing connections" then skip to step 2.

STEP 1.
In there you will see a link called "Manage exisitng connections" most roms will have a data connection set up for you, however, some do not. So what I did was either manage the exisitng connection or create a new modem connection...

The number you input to dial should be #777 for verizon, then you put in your phone number as the username like so: for example, AAAPPPXXXX@vzw3g.com (whereas AAA = area code , PPP = prefix , XXXX = suffix) use 'vzw' (without quotes) as the password. Once you finish this wizard, you should be able to go to manage existing connections.

STEP 2.
Go to manage existing connections and you should see the connection listed. hold down the stylus or finger on it and select "connect" from the context menu. COngrats, data shoul be working now!

Note: Once have the connection connect, it reconnects automatically as it seems, when the phone soft resets, so you should not have any issues with that. After doing this I was getting a whopping 2.4 MBit/s on www.mobilespeedtest.com

Last edited by dehx; 05-04-2009 at 10:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok guys, so far, nothing. I have copied my HA, and AAA keys into .txt files and pasted them into my Sprint TP's EPST. I also went as far as copy/paste my HDR AN AUTH password as well as my PPP password (from the security tab in ESPT), still no luck. However, now I am getting the connection error "incorrect user/pass" as appossed to "unknown reasons" so I assume I am getting closer....

I even tried setting up a new network connection (with my MDN@vzw3g.com, vzw user and pass) and still says "your user name or password is wrong".

I have no idea why this has been so F'd but I would really like to not have to go back to that POS VZW TP.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800

SephirothWGP is a n00b

This makes me sad I accepted the VZW version through an insurance claim. I didn't think I could activate another Sprint phone, I didn't know it was as easy as telling them its an Alltel phone . I have all of my HA AAA, actually all of my QPST settings saved from my old working phone, so none of that would have been an issue.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWGP View Post
This makes me sad I accepted the VZW version through an insurance claim. I didn't think I could activate another Sprint phone, I didn't know it was as easy as telling them its an Alltel phone . I have all of my HA AAA, actually all of my QPST settings saved from my old working phone, so none of that would have been an issue.
Do QPST saved files contain ESN and MEID's? If not, would you mind posting your saved file? I do have a VZW TP, could I just read the phone, save the file and then hook up the Sprint TP (open the file) and write to the phone?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, four days of working on this sh*t and still no data. I have flashed a number of ROMs (Both VZW Stock and Custom), PRL's and Radio's (both VZW). Manually input correct info into EPST (including copy/paste HA, AAA) as well as downloaded the info from a VZW TP and restoring it to the Sprint TP using QPST. I have copied the ERI and DMU key files from my Verizon TP and placed them into my Sprint TP using EFS Explorer. I have talked to a number of tech's at VZW, had about 5 DMU re-sets, Even reactivated my old VZW TP (data worked perfect) and then reactivated my Sprint TP, no data. I ran the current DCD VZW carrier .cab, Talked to a helpful ppcgeeker on their lunch break (thanks dehx), drank a sh*t ton of beers, AND STILL NO DATA!!!

Am I missing something here?? This is my last straw. Anyone help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro