PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Verizon

michaelbrandonw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Try again, use the option "unable to make and receive calls". Tech support is still open, but if you use any other option after 11pm (i think) it will tell you to call back in the morning.
So I had them do a DMU reset, and after that programmed through *228 and still nothing. I don't understand.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is blocked so you can buy their TP.. i guess they finally saw they messed up realeasing theirs crippled.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I thought you knew, sorry bout that. Since the error message is a username/password error then I a 99% sure it is the DMU. Report back and let me know if it works. While the DMU key is beng reset, take the battery out of the phone. Wait 2 minutes, then power up and make a few phone calls and check EPST to see if you have anything new in th HA/AAA fields. If after several minutes and several calls you don't have one, try to connect anyways. It may take several attempts.
I have tried everything and still no data. The tech was able to use my "user/pass" on his test phone and get data. He also said that everything was provisioned correctly on his end so it has to be something in my EPST. My HA, and AAA are still blank. Also, in my default profile, my MN AAA SPI VALUE (Hex) is 0.
I also copied my ERI file from my VZW TP to my Sprint TP, but when I go into "Device Info" under ERI it says 0, and i believe it should be 4. Any way I can manually ?

This is driving me nuts
Old 05-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so just to confirm....if i have a sprint tp on vzw (which i have for a while)

Flashing the ERI and the VZW pri still does not get rid of the roaming triangle if you do a *228 you still must use a modified prl correct?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The very first Sprint TP I converted to VZ was an absolute nightmare to get data working on (I have done probably 30 since then & never had the slightest problem getting data to work)

In that first one absolutely nothing worked. What finally got it working was to reactivate an older xv6800 I had, connect online a few times & then reactivate the TP.. At that point, I still had no data & just to see if it would work (I was pretty desperate at that point) I tried copying the HA/AAA keys from the 6800 in EPST in edit mode & then pasting them into the TP in EPST. Much to my amazement, data started working immediately & has worked ever since (I'm still using that phone & this was back in November)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
At that point, I still had no data & just to see if it would work (I was pretty desperate at that point) I tried copying the HA/AAA keys from the 6800 in EPST in edit mode & then pasting them into the TP in EPST. Much to my amazement, data started working immediately & has worked ever since (I'm still using that phone & this was back in November)

~John
Hey John, thanks. I thought about copying the HA, and AAA from my VZW TP, but how did you do it? When in ESPT i can see them in my default M.IP, and when I click edit, I can highlight them, but how did you copy and paste it to your Sprint TP?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post

Flashing the ERI and the VZW pri still does not get rid of the roaming triangle if you do a *228 you still must use a modified prl correct?
How did you flash the ERI? I copied my ERI file from my VZW TP (using EFS Explorer) and placed it into my Sprint TP, but it still shows "0". I thought I read somewhere that the correct VZW should read "4"??
Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
So I had them do a DMU reset, and after that programmed through *228 and still nothing. I don't understand.
First off, stop dialing *228. Your phone is allready programmed so *228 is not doing anything. Try making regular calls.

Quote:
I have tried everything and still no data. The tech was able to use my "user/pass" on his test phone and get data. He also said that everything was provisioned correctly on his end so it has to be something in my EPST. My HA, and AAA are still blank. Also, in my default profile, my MN AAA SPI VALUE (Hex) is 0.
I also copied my ERI file from my VZW TP to my Sprint TP, but when I go into "Device Info" under ERI it says 0, and i believe it should be 4. Any way I can manually ?

This is driving me nuts
Patience. Your settings are fine. We just need to clear this last hurdle. My TP never had a problem getting new HA/AAA keys but alot of other peoples have. Do as John suggested and reactivate your VZW TP and connect a few tims then copy to your Sprint TP. Also, don't worry about the ERI. To my knowledge, no one has figured out how to get the VZW ERI onto the Sprint TP successfully. Anyways, the ERI has absolutely nothing to do with data so forget about it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikronix View Post

See above. At this time Sprint users have to use a modified PRL

Quote:
Hey John, thanks. I thought about copying the HA, and AAA from my VZW TP, but how did you do it? When in ESPT i can see them in my default M.IP, and when I click edit, I can highlight them, but how did you copy and paste it to your Sprint TP?
Ctrl - C to copy...just like on your PC. But I do think John meant for you to copy them thru QPST

Quote:
How did you flash the ERI? I copied my ERI file from my VZW TP (using EFS Explorer) and placed it into my Sprint TP, but it still shows "0". I thought I read somewhere that the correct VZW should read "4"??
See above
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Ctrl - C to copy...just like on your PC. But I do think John meant for you to copy them thru QPST
Correct ctrl C to copy & then ctrl V to paste. You need to use a KB with a ctrl function (I used Zoomboard)

I actually did do it in EPST. I went to EPST, edit, enter my unlock code (000000) then view info, then mip settings & go to the key & highlight it. Then go to edit & copy it & paste it into a WM Word note file.

I then moved the note file to my LT with ActiveSync & then copied it over to the TP the same way. I then did the same EPST procedure & pasted both keys into the TP in EPST & after a soft reset my data worked.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
See above. At this time Sprint users have to use a modified PRL

I just wanted to make sure that i didnt miss something new...lol thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro