PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Deleted

Last edited by dehx; 05-06-2009 at 04:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

SephirothWGP is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
Ok, four days of working on this sh*t and still no data. I have flashed a number of ROMs (Both VZW Stock and Custom), PRL's and Radio's (both VZW). Manually input correct info into EPST (including copy/paste HA, AAA) as well as downloaded the info from a VZW TP and restoring it to the Sprint TP using QPST. I have copied the ERI and DMU key files from my Verizon TP and placed them into my Sprint TP using EFS Explorer. I have talked to a number of tech's at VZW, had about 5 DMU re-sets, Even reactivated my old VZW TP (data worked perfect) and then reactivated my Sprint TP, no data. I ran the current DCD VZW carrier .cab, Talked to a helpful ppcgeeker on their lunch break (thanks dehx), drank a sh*t ton of beers, AND STILL NO DATA!!!

Am I missing something here?? This is my last straw. Anyone help?
Actually you are doing everything I would have done, so maybe it wouldn't work. I would think manually entering your HA/AAA values would give you data? I tested it about a week ago before I broke my Sprint phone and I flashed a new rom and entered the values and it worked instantly.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

I too am perplexed. Unless you're still wearing your n00b glasses and missing something you should have data...can you post screenshots of your epst screens....nevermind...don't want your phone number all out there...i dunno
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

ttsupra95 is just getting started

Hello, first off I would like to thank everyone who has contributed this thread except the Verizon-Sprint wars. ALL CARRIERS SUCK! There, that settles that. Now back to my real intentions. I have devoutly read every post to this thread and did the search on this site and XDA about the steps or process to activate a Sprint TP on Verizon. They all seem to say something a little different. I even requested the help of a member thru PM with no response (I know people have lives) which I understand. I tried to go to the link posted but it seems like the mods took it down or something. I made the mistake of ordering a Sprint TP to get it activated on Verizon and a day later this thread came out. I freaked of course but not ready to give up. I should get my Sprint TP today and want to get it done right the first time. I have experience flashing roms, building roms (Apache, Titan), using QPST for agps fix on my Verizon Titan but I cant seem to find the complete steps in getting the TP over to Verizon. Some places I've read about using QPST and other places not mention of it. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right the first time so I dont lose or erase vital info off the TP or my Titan. I talked to Verizon when I first bought the TP on Monday and I got a very helpful rep who seemed like he new what he was talking about. He told me to get it unlocked and taken down to the Verizon store and get it flashed with Verizon software and then we could get it added to the Verizon network, but I've read the similar posts of this answer with no results when it came down to it. I'm not much on asking for help, I usually figure things out for myself but I dont want a $300 paper weight. Any help thru this post or PM would greatly be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsupra95 View Post
Hello, first off I would like to thank everyone who has contributed this thread except the Verizon-Sprint wars. ALL CARRIERS SUCK! There, that settles that. Now back to my real intentions. I have devoutly read every post to this thread and did the search on this site and XDA about the steps or process to activate a Sprint TP on Verizon. They all seem to say something a little different. I even requested the help of a member thru PM with no response (I know people have lives) which I understand. I tried to go to the link posted but it seems like the mods took it down or something. I made the mistake of ordering a Sprint TP to get it activated on Verizon and a day later this thread came out. I freaked of course but not ready to give up. I should get my Sprint TP today and want to get it done right the first time. I have experience flashing roms, building roms (Apache, Titan), using QPST for agps fix on my Verizon Titan but I cant seem to find the complete steps in getting the TP over to Verizon. Some places I've read about using QPST and other places not mention of it. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right the first time so I dont lose or erase vital info off the TP or my Titan. I talked to Verizon when I first bought the TP on Monday and I got a very helpful rep who seemed like he new what he was talking about. He told me to get it unlocked and taken down to the Verizon store and get it flashed with Verizon software and then we could get it added to the Verizon network, but I've read the similar posts of this answer with no results when it came down to it. I'm not much on asking for help, I usually figure things out for myself but I dont want a $300 paper weight. Any help thru this post or PM would greatly be appreciated.
Flash the pre-release Verizon ROM, Radio, and Bored's PRI. Enter all the PST settings that have been previously mentioned in several threads, copy over the public DMU key, and when you can get it to get verizon's towers when you dial *228, (hopefully I'm not missing anything there, it's been a while since I've done it) then try and get it added to the DMD. Once you get it added to the DMD, then activate it and try to get it to write your HA and AAA keys by connecting in 1XRTT mode (this can be forced using PPST). You may need several DMU resets. Data should work after that, but if not then re-activate a phone with working data and copy the keys from that phone, re-activate your TP, and paste the keys in your touch pro using PPST.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I even requested the help of a member thru PM with no response (I know people have lives)
you're not referring to me are you??

I sent you a long detailed response to the PM you sent me, did you not receive it??

~John
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWGP View Post
Actually you are doing everything I would have done, so maybe it wouldn't work. I would think manually entering your HA/AAA values would give you data? I tested it about a week ago before I broke my Sprint phone and I flashed a new rom and entered the values and it worked instantly.
I figured it would as well. I just used QPST "software download" and restored/copied everything from my VZW TP and then restored to my Sprint TP. This accurately set everything up in my EPST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
I too am perplexed. Unless you're still wearing your n00b glasses and missing something you should have data...can you post screenshots of your epst screens....nevermind...don't want your phone number all out there...i dunno
Don't really own a pair of n00b glasses, so that can't be it.

Quote:
As long as you got them to add the MEID to their DMD you're golden.. (with the exception of me..still dealing with the Data issue). Do you have an HTC Touch or TP from VZW that you could copy all the info from? If not, I can give you all the M.IP settings and such, however my data is still not working so I may not be the best person to help.

When I spoke to a VZW Tech, he mentioned that I am showing up in their system as "roaming". He said it's not a big deal, just that I am probably using another carriers tower. Would this cause an issue with activating data? I'm am in the center of NYC, so I cannot understand why I would be "roaming". Thoughts??
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
I figured it would as well. I just used QPST "software download" and restored/copied everything from my VZW TP and then restored to my Sprint TP. This accurately set everything up in my EPST.

Don't really own a pair of n00b glasses, so that can't be it.

As long as you got them to add the MEID to their DMD you're golden.. (with the exception of me..still dealing with the Data issue). Do you have an HTC Touch or TP from VZW that you could copy all the info from? If not, I can give you all the M.IP settings and such, however my data is still not working so I may not be the best person to help.

When I spoke to a VZW Tech, he mentioned that I am showing up in their system as "roaming". He said it's not a big deal, just that I am probably using another carriers tower. Would this cause an issue with activating data? I'm am in the center of NYC, so I cannot understand why I would be "roaming". Thoughts??

It shouldn't but you can always load a Verizon PRI, ERI, and modified PRL. It certainly couldn't hurt.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
It shouldn't but you can always load a Verizon PRI, ERI, and modified PRL. It certainly couldn't hurt.
I copied the ERI file from my VZW TP and dumped it onto my Sprint TP using EFS explorer, and when i do a *228 im pretty sure it updates the latest PRL. Can you suggest a modified PRL? and perhaps direct me to it and a VZW PRI?

Thanks,
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizonnn

charlesbeebe is a n00b

Sooo... I need help. I have had my MEID added to the verizon database. I went online and activated my phone on vzw.com... I flashed the stock vzw rom posted earlier in this thread, and also flashed the mighty rom 5... i tried making a phone call and all i got was the sprint guy telling me the code i entered or the numbered i entered was invalid. Earlier i dialed *228 and somehow i got to US cellular phone menu. So i went into my epst settings and changed them to what michaelbrandonwhad them at. Now when i try and call, or update the towers, I get the same thing... nowhere. I think I need to finish changing the rest of the settings in the epst, but idk really. so, if someone could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro